TESTERS WANTED! ×

Vision Golf Ball - US Test Pilot Project - MyGolfSpy

Boz... Could you post the characteristics of each ball? or at least what balls are most similar to each of the ones sent out?

Are they 2 or 3 piece? are some longer than others off the tee, and some better around the green?

So, basically, what are the differences between the x3, pinkie, gel, and arctic?

I know I've seen this before for these balls, but I can't seem to find anything now...

Thanks...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Hi Guys, ok its good to see the packs work for you all

the way they have been working for me in many markets

which is a start in reagrds to player support.

Hi Mud, here is the earlier info,

The Gel V's - which is my Game Improvement HX Hot / NXT almost

NXT Tour like designs approx US$22.95/US $24.95

Mainly Dual-layer dual density cores, long with the lower than 95 mph driver swingspeeds.

The exception is the current UV which is a Twin cover structure

The Gel X's - which are aimed at the RX330 / NXT Tour / Trispeed

approx US$27.95/US$29.95

They are thin twin cover multilayer structured designs, the green

of the UV version will move to a super bright Yellow/Green next

year.

I am working on my Tour Vision project at the

moment with testing of both 3 and 4 piece structures

using a new type of FlexiGel TPU Urethane for the

cover, costing still to be worked out but less than

the Zstar's.

The proto's some of you have received are a twin cover multilayer

with a nano infused durathane cover that includes the Staybright

Technology. They are out of my personnal batch of 36 balls for

initial live player analysis of the performance of this cover.

My approach to ball design is aimed at assisting all the players

that could do with some Game Improvement in their ball selection

to help them hit more Fairways & Greens in regulation with drop

and controlled release spin levels around the green,

So now that you see how the story is unique I think the following

starts to make more sense especially for regular players,

"Do you want Tour validation of your equipment or would you

prefer to play designs that help you improve your overall game?"

I believe my player group will become the next tTrend setters

rather than the Touring Pro's that tend to look to dress more

and more like one another so as to blend in rather than stand

out.

My Vision is about style and real game improvement that go

hand in hand without burning too deep a hole in your pocket.

Thanks for the support,

Boz.

Vision Golf Ball Concepts & Designs by The Atanak Co Australia (1980 - 2016)

• SPY VIP

So my box showed up just as I was leaving to play. Grabbed a few balls and the glove and hit the grass.

Took one Arctic, one X3 white, and one X3 yellow.

Balls:

Large numbers are great. Easy to ID the ball when walking up to it. Graphics on all of the balls are visually pleasing and functional.

Started with the X3 white. Good feeling off the driver and the irons. Didn't get a chance to hit full wedge with it, but the around the green work felt nice. Good feel off the putter at impact, but it comes off very hot. I struggled with blowing the ball by the hole a bit. Granted a lot of that is the greens and my stroke, but I am interested to see if some time on the practice green will allow me to dial these in. Overall good impression that seemed similar in play to the Bridgestone e6 (to me).

After 6 holes I switched to the Arctic white. Love the look of this ball. It looks like the first generation Mojo balls with the mother of pearl finish. Performance was similar to the other X3 for me.

Final 6 were played with the Yellow X3. This was by far my favorite. I don't know if it was psychological, but this one just blasted off the driver. Super easy to follow ball flight. On a short (130 yard) par three I smoked this with my pitching wedge and it hit and hopped back about 5 feet. Lots of spin there. The only bad part was my swing went bananas on 18 and I splashed the ball into the pond. Was so pissed. Am still pissed that I lost that ball. I have been playing the Srixon yellow ZStars and I would play this ball instead in a heartbeat.

Will post more when I play the Gel and the Pink.

Glove

102 today on the course and the glove did great. It did feel a little hotter than the FootJoy Sciflex that I usually play. However it was very comfortable, especially after a couple of holes after it broke in a little. Were these on a post next to the FootJoy gloves, I would seriously consider the choice. I'll report back more as it wears.

All of the stuff in the box is top notch quality. Only moment of sadness came when I realized there was no "Russell" ball in the kit and that once again my giant head had no chance of sporting the hat. :(

Huge thanks to Boz and MGS.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

excellent... That's exactly what I was looking for... I definitely fall into the Game Improvement category, so I am really excited about giving these a try...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Boz,

My package arrived today, and everything looks great! The glove fits perfectly, the ball markers will come in quite handy, and my wife has already claimed the hat and visor for herself. The yellow balls are very cool, but from a looks perspective I really like the arctic white. I have my weekly league tomorrow and I can't wait to try them out!

I never expected such a variety of stuff, not to mention how fast it would get here! I can't send a letter from Milwaukee to LA that fast.

First impressions:

The gel balls look very high quality. Gel balls are not new over here, but the others I've seen always looked cheap to me. The Visions have style! The yellow balls are very distinctive and eye-catching - you won't mistake them for any others. Equally distinctive are the big numbers, which are very easy to read and stylish without looking gimmicky. As I said before, the arctic balls are very sharp looking.

Tomorrow we see how they play. I told my playing partners that my Aussie golf balls arrived today, and they are itching to see them.

Cool stuff, Boz. Thanks!

I have to echo "pfingst's" comments!

Wayne, the package arrived today, thank you very much; someone put a lot of thought into presentation, a veritable feast hits the eyes. Very impressive first impression, I can't wait to hit the course with these although they are too pretty to spoil! Before I even use them I can tell you they "outshine" any so called high visibility golf balls that I have seen. Yellow does not equal high vis but yours do.

I am going to be have to be careful where I use these, last thing I want is to be able to tell you how well I can see them in the bottom of the pond.

The glove is excellent, really good fit and attractive, so much better than the run of the mill stuff.

I will give an in depth review of these products as soon as I can.

More arrived than I was expecting as can be seen in the third photo.

More to come...

Did I say I was impressed?

Balls-1.jpg

Balls-2.jpg

Vision-all.jpg

Don't know why I did not check Vision Golf's home page before now, good info on their balls http://www.visiongolfball.com/

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

When you say they're as long as the Penta which model in the Vision lineup are you referring to, if I may ask?

It was the white Vision X-3s. I was hitting very soft fairways, so it was strictly a carry issue compared to where I thought I would be.

Now you lot know what we down under already knew. Our man of coloured balls certainly knows how to give you a package of goodies.

Enjoy what you have, as an addicted user I have tried most of the balls that you have in your box of goodies. All are different and play differently, some will suit your game more than others and one will become your go to ball if the land down under experience is follows on.

As Boz as said get to the practise green with the balls before you go out to play, that is where you will certainly notice the difference.

And don't let the different colours worry you, I got cleaned up in a match play game by our Club Captain who stole/borrowed a "Pinky" for the day, played of a 14 handicap at the time and finished 2 over on the back nine with a ball he had never used before but was astounded as to how far it went when hit.

And above all enjoy the journey, there is always great excitement here when Boz says the magic words "I have some new balls in for you lot to try". You never know what will be in the box and how the new offerings will play and how they are judged by the test team.

Great preliminary reviews........just checked the tracking notice....my box has left L.A. so I guess it's heading cross country for delivery in a few days.

Anxiously awaiting my trials with Vision!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

so what is the deal with the Russell ball? Is it the same as the Gel V yellow? Assuming the Gel Vs are the round numbered ones that come in Pink, Arctic, and Yellow and the Gel

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

Ahh. Another xpat Pom. What part of Britain. I was born in Bradford. But resident Aussie for last 47 years. Hope you get the Chance to check out Bozs balls in the near future. They really are a Quality product.

I was born and raised in Bolton, Lancashire, joined the Army when I was 17 in 1969 and frankly rarely went home. Been all over courtesy of HM and most places i liked, even the Falklands and Belfast. I really like Brisbane and would like to go back to visit and play golf. Been in Canada this past 21+ years, lived in Medicine Hat and experienced the hottest summer and coldest winter on record and escaped to Vancouver, been here since but still travelled a lot. Really impressed with the look of the Boz golf balls and looking forward to trying them out. I will be chipping and pitching a good bit with them first, want to get a feel before I lose the first one off the tee. These things look so good they should have GPS trackers built in.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

Whats wrong with guys that hit the ball 300 and shoot in the 70's? I've always hit it 300yds; it's taken me a helluva lot of work to shoot in the 70's.

There's nothing wrong with that, it's more the "The Internet Can Make You Be Whoever/Whatever You'd Like To Be" syndrome. Did you know that I'm a neurosurgeon? I also have two part-time jobs: archaeologist and crime-fighting vigilante. LOL- that sort of thing. If you're a true bomber and can really shoot in the 70's- that's awesome and admirable. It just seems that on certain forums everyone's busy keeping up with the Jones', at the sake of reality.

As for this ball test- I'd like to participate, if I could. If people haven't guessed by now, I "shy away" (to put it meekly) from the "Big Boys" and their marketing hype.

Got my package last night. AWESOME!!! REALLY wanted to hit the course after work today and do some testing but wouldn't ya know... broke my glasses this morning. Now its a trip to the eye doctor instead of the golf course. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

Boz... the glove fits great compared to the FJ medium. Thanks also for all the extras! I really can't wait to get out on the course with all this stuff!!

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I got home from work today and found my package waiting on the table. I was very excited at the contents (even though I'd seen the pics of others' boxes): 18 balls, hat, visor, glove, stickers, towel, hat clip...and I might be forgetting something. Really unbelievable. My wife asked, "How did you get all that for free?"

Very preliminary review: I carpet putted each of the balls tonight against the Penta (which is the standard bearer for how a ball feels off a putter, it's absolute butter). I can safely say that each of Boz's balls more than held its own against the Penta and the tour ball was virtually indistinguishable. Based on the putter, I would have no problem putting any of these balls into play.

I am hoping that I will be able to get these out for a little short game work one evening this week. I will be sure to report back when I do.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

so what is the deal with the Russell ball? Is it the same as the Gel V yellow? Assuming the Gel Vs are the round numbered ones that come in Pink, Arctic, and Yellow and the Gel

hendricks97

Russell holds a special place in the Vision line up. He is one of the original little Aussie battlers whose name came up after much banter and discussion. To assist all of you, and by posting this link I am in no way trying to promote another site, here is how Russell came to life. He is a different ball all together from the other UV Balls (yellow) balls that you have to trail.

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=4&t=1799&qpid=30473

If you have a few spare days you could also try and wade through the posts in Vision Golf Ball Test thread. Though I must warn you that whilst there is a lot of top information in that thread there is also a lot of general banter between users. :angry:

I am sitting back in the land down under watching on with great interest as to how you lot over there are finding out about what we have been lucky enough to have used for a while. If you have questions post and I ma only to willing to assist where I can. The technical stuff is for Boz anything else is fair game.

My Vision Care Package was sitting at my front door when i got home last night......and what a care package it is!

Logo Towel, glove, hat, visor, tees, ball marker and 18 of the ugliest golf balls I have ever seen.

That's right...they may be ugly, BUT I really like the idea of being able to easily ID my ball.

I can't wait for the rains to subside in Central Florida so I can give them a spin.

I want to start with the putting green, then will progress to using in my normal rounds.

Let me say that I am very impressed with the quality of the Vision Logo accessories. As this stuff is not made in the USA, I looked at how differently the hat & visor is made realative to others. They are both great quality & value. One is going to be able to notice the Vision logo from a distance (good marketing).

I tried the glove on....WOW! terrific fit, especially for one who has a Cadet Medium hand. I like the texture and look forward to using it on the course.

Thanks Boz

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

• SPY VIP

After some practice on the office green, I am getting a better feel for putting with these balls. They feel much firmer and are far more explosive than the 330RX that I usually use.

Seem to be struggling more with Pinky than the others...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Hi Guys, youre welcome Foz, no traditional styled product comng down this shute as

that market is saturated so I will keep working with my Ezy-2-See markings.

Hi ST, the Gel V balls will be hotter than your RX as that like many Urethane products

will be slower off your putter and maybe a little softer and quieter. The Pinky is the

hottest ball in the group and is mean't to be able to pop for playerslooking for help

with real distance gains.

The other thing to understand with my designs, you as a player get used to a feel/sound

flight over a number of rounds and that then becomes your normal set of specs. My players

that have played the balls for a while have found the hidden performnace is there after

they dial them into their play and I know for many players 9 / 18 holes unfortunately

can't achieve this.

So please don't worry if you feel they don't work for you as I know now that I need to

dial in a ittle more of the urethane like putting feel through the range to help with

players coming across to me but what I have done is make each of the covers a little

different so atleast one of the balls will make the right impression.

There are three cover finishes involved painted / coloured and clear which all effect

the feel of the cover material, not in a bad way it just makes them different.

Cheers,

Boz.

Following from the above, yes he is right. I have been astounded to get to a green after thumping a Vision Ball and thinking that I will know how this thing is going to putt. The feel off the driver/irons can be very deceiving when putting. Your brain thinks We have just hit the ball that far, now that we have putter in end you only have to give this ball a slight tap, ummmm error.

It is all trail and error and as Boz said it may take more than a few holes to work out what each ball really can do.

I played 9 holes in my league last night and tried out a few of the items in Boz's care package. For starters, let's talk about the glove. It is a departure for me in terms of material. I'm very picky about my gloves, and I find that most of the gloves that use a lot of "Spandex"-type material just feel somehow "wrong" to me. For that reason, I always buy gloves that are all or mostly real or synthetic leather - the Footjoy WeatherSof is a favorite. I also have trouble finding a glove that fits me correctly. Footjoys fit, as do Bridgestone and, oddly, Kirkland (CostCo). If I had seen the Vision glove in a store I would have passed on it for this reason.

And I'd have missed out.

I found the Vision glove to be nice looking and well-fitting. The tacky surface works well when your hands or grips get wet; it was very humid last night and I had no trouble gripping the club. The tacky surface reminds me a big of goalie gloves - the inspiration, maybe? You can feel the club very well, though it it a bit...lighter, I guess, than I'm used to. It's probably the effect of the different material on the palm-side than what I usually wear. After four holes or so I didn't notice it at all, which is a good thing; if you notice your glove, there's something wrong with it.

Ball-wise, I tried the Gel for 3 holes, the yellow X3 for 3 holes, and the Pinky for one hole. I started the nine with my usual balls, since it takes me a few to warm up and I didn't want to lose these things before I had a chance to find out what they can do. Good thing, too, because my driver deserted me yesterday. My first swing with the Gel was a nine-iron into a par 3. It felt very smooth at contact, had a high flight (as I tend to), and landed some 25 feet left of the pin, owing to the fact that I yanked it on my follow-through. Contrary to Boz's advice, I did not spend any time putting with them before heading out. I found out that it didn't matter in the least. I holed that 25-footer for birdie. Next hole I hit a 160 yard 7 iron and just missed a 20-footer for birdie. Next hole I just missed a 40 footer for birdie (if I could ever land near the hole I'd be really dangerous).

BTW, when you chip or pitch with the large-number balls it looks very strange at first. Those big numbers really help you see the spin on the ball, which would normally be invisible at any kind of distance.

When I first saw the yellow balls at home I have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed. "Not really that bright," I thought. Then I looked at them outside. They have to be the brightest golf balls I've ever seen! Performance was similar to the Gel, in my estimation. The cover felt firmer to me when putting, though I'd have to take some time to roll them side-by-side to really know for sure. Also, I can attest to the brightness making them easier to find. My first drive hooked into some thick rough, the kind where you practically have to step on the ball to find it. I saw it from 10 feet away. Brilliant!

The last hole at Lincoln Park Golf Course is a 298-yard par 4, which yesterday played about 310 into a stiff breeze. I hit the yellow X3 pretty well, but yanked left again (persistent problem all day). Once again the bright yellow allowed me to follow the ball all the way down, which is a feat as the 9th also faces due west. It still went about 260 even though I didn't hit it great. Just for the fun of it, and since the group behind us was still on the 8th tee, I teed up the Pinky. The ribbing of my playing partners lasted only as long as it took me to hit my second drive. It rolled to a stop 280 yards later on the right side of the fairway, my first good driver swing of the day. Given the wind conditions and tee placement yesterday, I think I can say that the Pinky is at least as long as anything else I've hit, and easily visible in the sky. I also found the Pinky to be hot off the putter, but a few practice putts will dial that in.

Overall, I was impressed with the Vision products. My partners agreed that Vision's products are certainly different, and I can say my initial impressions of their performance are very favorable. I can't wait to try the others out!

Boz, many thanks for the opportunity to demo your products, especially having to ship them to the other side of the world. I hope my feedback is helpful.

pfingst

Hi PF, thanks for the detailed update and as you can now see

the on course style and performance is quite interesting when

I am coming from such a different design head space.

The UV Yellow instore / indoor colour is something I have been

looking at, even though the in play fully charged UV colour is

super bright it is the indoor colour that sometimes has to make

the sale and the low charge green look can work against me.

To get an idea of the charging levels put Russell in the sun

or under a bright lamp for a while and then have a look in

a dark room,,,, he will surprise you.

Cheers,

Boz.

Vision Ball Hints - No One - Ball Cleaning.

If you want to partially restore the finish of any one of my designs after a round please

use a scouring pad from the kitchen with a cream cleanser like Jif/Ajax to gentily remove the

fine marks/embedded dirt and soften up any shear marks that might have been visible this

is also the case with the white balls.

At the factory we tend to rotate balls after each 9 holes as that means the ball in play

is usually in very good condition and as such makes it easier to see.

You can then clean them properly after a round and put them back into play the next time

you are playing.

Cheers, Boz.

I played the white X3 for 18 holes yesterday (yup, 1 ball!).

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first. Not that I didn't think it was a good ball, I just didn't really think it was going to be a good ball for me. This is I'm sure partly just arrogant snobbery on my part, having played the Callaway X-tour, i(x), and now i(z) for the past several years, mainly because of iron and greenside feel. So keep in mind as you read this that I believe I am one of the lower handicaps Oz hooked up, and I don't know that I'm really his target market. I am comparing this ball to a Callaway i(z), which is not its intended competition. However, it is what I play, its what I know, and as such, it is my comparison point.

The X3 looks good, I don't mind the glittery finish. I don't love it, but I don't mind it, it doesn't distract me. My initial test for a ball is to tap it on my teeth, weird yes, but tap a tour ball on your tooth, and then tap an NXT Tour, and you'll immediately see the difference. The X3 does NOT pass the "tooth test"! It is, in fact, a very "clicky" ball, its not a feel I look for, it is, in fact, a feel I tend to shy away from, being conditioned to associate "clickiness" with decreased iron and wedge performance.

I was determined to put all this out of my mind and just play the ball for 18 holes and really focus on how it performed. How it felt off the clubface, and most importantly, how it reacted. Could I work the ball? Distance off the driver, and most importantly, how did it come into the greens.

I'm going to rate on a 1-10 scale:

Driver Rating: 9 The ball has a different trajectory than I'm used to. It really seems to hit a point just a bit lower than I'm used to on the way up, but it seems to hang there longer. There's a couple heartbeats in there where you're watching the ball stay right on a line before it drops. Almost as if its being held there by the wind, but there was very little wind. Distance was right where I expected it to be, perhaps a bit further than my normal ball, and I really hit some good tee shots yesterday. I had to hit one big sweeping draw, and the ball reacted well, I thought I had overcooked it but the ball stayed in the fairway, so perhaps not as much spin as I'm used to, but it saved me on that shot!

Full Irons: 8 This is probably where I was most surprised and impressed with the X3. As I said, the ball is clicky, its a hard ball. Somehow, it does not feel or sound hard off a full struck iron! It feels fine, I don't know that I can quite go all the way and say it feels good, but it is surprisingly "not hard". The ball again does not launch as high as I'm used to, but distance is not effected, if anything I think I get a bit more distance out of the X3 than I'm used to. I found myself on the backs of a few greens yesterday, and had one ball that I was sure was short on a blind shot end up on the front of a green, so I'm pretty sure I was getting a little more yardage than I'm used to with the irons. The balls response on hitting the green was surprising to me too. I had thought this was where it was really going dissapoint, but this was not the case. The ball spins! It spins good, too. I hit a 130 9 iron and backed it up a good 4-5 feet, mostly though, it just stays put. It doesn't roll out, it checks, nicely. I can't say I would mind that day in and day out.

Greenside: 6 This is where I wasn't quite as impressed with this ball. Here, the clicky feel manifests itself, and the ball's reaction with the wedge is not what I'm looking for. I play a pretty creative wedge game, I carry 3 wedges, I like to spin the ball, I like to flop it, I expect a lot out of a ball around the greens. The X3 was fine with a lofted shot, and it was fine when I was looking for the ball to roll out. It was not very receptive to a low trajectory "one hop stop" shot. It likes to roll out. Its something I don't know if I could get used to. I'm going to take it to the practice green and give it a more fair workout, but I hit some pretty good chips and pitches yesterday and didn't q get what I look for. However, it has to be noted that I'm not impressed with NXT Tours, Bridgestone e-whatever, Cally X-Hots, etc. The Vision X3 was certainly no worse than the balls in its target market.

Putting: I putt with an STX Putter, all balls putt fine! However, it did seem a little quicker off the face than I'm used to, but it held the line well and I didn't really notice it blowing by the hole. I had 1 3 putt yesterday and made a 15 and a 25 footer, it was a decent putting round for where I was at on the greens.

Summary: I was all in all pleasantly surprised by the X3. It has a much better feel than I expected, it performs very well with the driver and full irons. Its distance is very good, while still allowing decent workability. Around the greens was not a disappointment, because I don't feel its fair to measure this ball against the very best balls on the market that I purchase almost exclusively for thier greenside response, which is not what the X3 is trying to do.

Conclusion: I would play this ball on occasion. I'm going to play the X3 Optical Yellow ball this weekend in a tournament, not only to review, but by choice. I would choose the X3 for early season play before my game is dialed in as a go to ball, I think I like it better than all the other

Thanks Boz for the opportunity to test it, I'll be reviewing your other balls as I break them out and give them a whirl!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

My wife went through all of the stuff in the package, has claimed the turqoise hat, one of the pinkys (I wouldnt let her have both) and both of the phantom balls. If the glove fit her, she would have grabbed that too. She recently wore out her last glove and we went shopping today for new gloves for her. Couldnt find one that really fit. all this to ask...Any womens gloves?

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

Hey Guys,

These reviews are spot on!

I can't wait to try them out.....was out last night for a bucket, then went to the practice green with the X3 Yellow & Russell.....after about 5 minutes (not even enough time to gauge anything) it started raining....so I was done.

My plan is to use all on the practice green before having a go on the course.

I'm playing a different course this Saturday, one I haven't played in a year, so i probably won't break them out. I want to try them out on my regular course, as I now the distances and layout well. That will be a better test of each balls performance.....maybe Sunday.

On tuesday I played 18 holes in total and complete pouring rain. I played the front nine rotating between my 4 Taylor Made Targa Tour gloves, then played THE ENTIRE BACK NINE with the Vision Golf glove. It lasted 9 holes in pouring rain! The towel worked great too.

The only golf ball I tried out was the prototype sample ball. First of all all of the balls are soft off the putter face. Partially because I was putting with a Scotty, but part of it has to be the ball. That said, the prototype ball was far and away the best. The feel was comparable to the Penta, as was short game spin. I had no problem getting it to stop where I wanted. I only played it a few times, a few chips, a 5 iron tee shot on a par 5, a bunker shot, and distance was also up to par. Out of the bunker it stopped just where I would have expected it too. So basically, I like the proto ball.