Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Vision Golf Ball - US Test Pilot Project - MyGolfSpy

just click on "click to attach files" under "Attachments" box under the messages, a dialogue box will open to find the pic you want to upload from your hard drive.

Once you have done that you will see an attachment text in the message, you can then press "send" it takes a little time but the photo will appear in your message.

I think.

The "HELP" for the Forum is not very helpful.

Thanks speszel......with your direction, I have attached the pix of the proto with the cut.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

As for the 2 man scramble...my partner and I could just not get it together...I lost another Arctic White on a Par 3...pulled my 5 wood into the O.B.....the only good news was my partner was just off the green....I made the 25 foot putt for a Birdie....I decided I did not want to lose the Pinky, so put it back in its box for play at my home course....I used it on several holes and it performed well, but I was not striking the ball today.

Postscript......I did get to write my name on the Longest Drive sign with the Pinky.....of course we were the first foursome to play the hole.....BUT I did outdrive the other three in my group, including my partner who normally hits his drive 50 to 75 yards past me.....another victory for Vision!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

just click on "click to attach files" under "Attachments" box under the messages, a dialogue box will open to find the pic you want to upload from your hard drive.

Once you have done that you will see an attachment text in the message, you can then press "send" it takes a little time but the photo will appear in your message.

I think.

The "HELP" for the Forum is not very helpful.

Thanks speszel......with your direction, I have attached the pix of the proto with the cut.

Thanks Foz, for the images and yes this is the delamination of the cover from the mantle which is helpful to see. That is why I also like to most of my development cover work in transparent

colours so I can see whats going on inside.

Glad to hear that PINKY was on the money again. Small victories are just as sweet somedays.

Cheers, Boz.

Vision Golf Ball Concepts & Designs by The Atanak Co Australia (1980 - 2016)

Boz, got my box yesterday, thank you very much for including me into the test. I hope myself, as a 20 handicap, can provide a hacker's point of view to the product, along with some flair for style! Here is the post on my blog:

Vision Golf Ball Test Begins

I got my "care package" from Boz and Vision Golf Balls Yesterday, just in time for golf this weekend. The package was full of prototypes, inline golf balls, a glove, and some swag from the company. I want to personally thank The Boz for including me in the US testing.

photo3.JPG

The box arrived, packed very tightly, from the Land Down Under!

photo2.JPG

Tees, golf towels, hat, stickers, the super tacky golf glove (one the things I can't wait to test out) and lots of golf balls to test.

photo.JPG

Opening the the package a little more, you can see the various balls, different colors, and prototypes. The company's balls feature UV coated balls to make them brighter, easier to find in the rough (for me personally I think) and easier to watch the ball flight.

Testing starts this weekend at Cypress Point Golf Club.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

Have fun John. A whole new world just opened in that box...

Glove update: The wearing down on the palm has slowed down. Boz's grip suggestion seemed to do the trick. The amazing thing is that now that the glove is truly broken in, it feels like it is not even there most of the time. I always take off the glove to putt, and multiple times on Wednesday I looked down and realized that I was getting ready to putt with it still on...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

One thing Boz, I need the following colors in the glove to match my outfit: Yellow, Baby Blue, Pink, Purple, Green, Red Plaid and Red. Thanks in advance! B)

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Hey Boz,

I called SMT wanting to purchase a couple gloves (Cadet medium).....they do not carry them.....so where do I go for more Vision gloves?

Hi John, you're welcome, take your time and have some fun with it as other

players will be all over you to see what you have. :)

Hi Sac, excatly what I was hoping to hear, and yes the upper solid material shapes up and then

stays that way to take the strain off your hand which is what you are experiencing. I believe

they are more effectual in doing this than the Bionic type gloves.

Hi Foz, let me look into it as I am still getting the full range up and running, more info soon. B)

Cheers, Boz.

Played my first round with the Russell, an Arctic White and a yellow prototype ball... I think. There wasn't anything on the ball or the single box that said exactly what it was. I do know that thing is LONG. On the first tee I drove it 280 on a 301 from the whites... thankfully, the guys in front of me were finishing up and walking off the BACK of the green (not everyone does that where I play...). It sounds a little hard (maybe clicky is better), but it didn't have any effect on my chipping or putting. It doesn't have "mad spin" (as the kids say), but it does have a dependable hop, hop, short rollout. I guess for comparative purposes, it's close to the One Black, but with a not so mushy feel- especially off the putter face.

The color is NO JOKE. Funny story: I like to go out in my backyard to chip/pitch after work (I work 2nd shift), it helps me unwind. I went out with non-Russell yellow and the Arctic White and had no troubles messing around with it in the moonlight. When I dink around with OEM balls, I usually end up losing sight of them after some time (I do find them in the morning). Not so with these Visions. That same vibrancy came through on the course.

Sadly, I can't do a complete review of the Russell. I lost it down an embankment (I think... I spent the whole 5 minutes and couldn't find it ANYWHERE) on the only hole I used it. Yeah, I don't want to get into that one.

The Arctic White played similar to the yellow, but not as clicky off the face. It was like a camera on the putting greens: point and shoot. I didn't make everything, but I was at least hole high on 2/3 of the holes I used it on. Very impressive. My aim, today anyway, wasn't...

I haven't used the glove. I'm a lefty, so I'm going to wait until I play in the rain to try it out. The hat does exactly what it says. I've used Under Armour and an adidas "always cool" hat, but these don't compare to the Vision... my head truly stayed cool all round. The ball markers are neat- not too big, not too small. It's heavy enough I noticed it in my pocket (it was supposed to be on my hat clip).

Thanks again to Boz for letting me be a part of this. I'm definitely going to review a few more this week.. not sure when (probably the weekend). Maybe next time I'll be able to give out some constructive criticism- I just can't do it with these balls!

Test Day 1!!

Let me preempt this by saying a friend of mine whom we haven't seen in 10 years came in town and stayed with me this weekend, that's how I got on the golf course! We did a lot of drinking..but here goes.

I played the Yellow X-3 or is it 3X, and 1 of Arctic White Versions of it. I guess just just known as the Arctic White and The Yellow UV.

First thing I noticed was how bright they actually are in the sun. It was 85 sunny and a nice breeze, the perfect day. The balls had a very soft feel on the putting green, but I warmed up to them very quick. they feel a little different than I was used to, but good different.

Of course, at the first tee box, I got a little ribbing, but had plenty of people masking to try them. I stayed a little selfish and played them myself, because I know I lose balls, and wanted to make these out as far as I could. It had a soft but please feel off the tee box, I hit it pretty far but pushed it left, as I had a nice gallery of friends heckling me, and every else, off the first tee.

Left by the way is the edge of the range, which uses yellow balls. I thought o no, I lost it already. I headed out, and man, did it stand out, almost a glowing greenish yellow. I say the UV coating saved me 4 shots during the day by itself, just finding it. I hit a 1/2 pitching wedging, an impossible shot over trees and bunker, out of the rough, to 8 feet, and even spun it back a bit. (please mind you I am 20 handicap, and I can hardly ever spin a ball)

This was a great omen, as I barley missed the birdie putt and parred the first hole. I missed 1 fairway the rest of the front side, with very nice straight 260-275 yard drivers, which are about 10-15 yards longer than I normally hit. Around the greens is where they really shinned. I knocked more tight chips, bump and runs, and flops than I have ever had. BUT, I putted lights out. I shot a 41 on the front side, my best 9 holes ever!!!

My buddy John couldn't stand it anymore, so I let him play an Arctic White. Now his swing speed is in the upper 90's compared to 85-87 mph swing speed. He said they felt a little soft for him, but he for sure didn't lose any distance off the tee or irons, and he said he loved the feel of it around the greens. The white was sparklie" which very neat and much brighter than a normal ball. He played the ball the whole back 9, and gave it back to me undamaged. He was very impressed with it and wanted to buy the other 2 balls. I told come down next time and I might have some for him, but for now take a flying leap!.

The backside saw me lose 2 of the Yellow Balls, one to a backyard on a wicked slice from my 3 wood. The other was me, with lots of beer muscles, trying to reach a green from 220 out, over some water. I came o so close to carrying it, but hit it a tad bit fat and lost the ball. I did my best to locate it, but with another foursome sitting in the fairway, I had to give up the hunt.

The 48 on the backside was a disappointment, but in truth, I was out to play for fun, with 11 of my friends, so when all the beers and Captain and Cokes caught me on the backside, the scores slide, which had nothing to do with the balls.

My over all opinion is this. The Arctic White and UV Yellow as the inline ball, seem perfect for me and my swing speed. I had more control around the greens and putting than I ever had. I have 4 balls left, and as much as I want to play them next round, I am going to try Pinkie and some others. Boz, you have a hit, and customer for life with me.

The golf glove, first impression was a little different, but I put it on, and it felt like a second skin. This glove, gripped the club great, a perfect and feel. I have 1 round on it, I look forward to playing some more and updating you. This glove get's an A+ from me!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

I finally had a bit of an epiphany with these balls yesterday which seems quite silly but has had a huge effect already on my greenside play. Mostly, I like the Vision balls for my woods/irons shot as I knew I could pretty much always find a bad shot and track them in the air quite easily as I always lose white balls in the air, always. This was pretty neat and gave me a whole lot more confidence when hitting various shots. However I never translated it to chips around the green at all until yesterday after a short game lesson. It was brought to my attention that when hitting chips, I would snap my head up before I made contact to try and follow the ball path and thus screwing the whole shot as I would no longer be hitting down on the ball. Ding goes the light blulb, I can obviously find a shiny pink ball in and around the green, just hit the blinking shot. This lead to me keeping my head down properly to get the correct angle and a whole lot of excellent chipping insued both in practice and then on the course. Sometimes it's funny how you think you get things, and then get another light blulb moment.

Once again a thank you to Boz for making such an excellent ball that's allowed me to play how I want instead of how the equipment dictates.

John: You'll like Pinky. If you thought the other balls were long, pinky will blow you out of the water with it's distance. Don't expect to do the spin back with this ball though, it's got a very controlled release but it still releases forward instead of spinning back or checking right away. I tend to like it more then the X3 now as I can predict it's roll out within a couple of inches (now that I'm chipping properly).

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Hi Guys, thanks for the stories,,,they are a much more entertaining read than a straight review and add to the light hearted nature of the TP Project.

It's like the Crocodile Dundee movie where he says to the street punk thats not a knife (whilst pulling out a huge hunting knife) thats a knife! :blush:

So we now see with the UV Yellow balls that when players are talking about how much brighter the Yellow Pinnacles/Wilson Smart cores or the Srixon Tour Yellows are compared to the Standard white balls,,, we just go that's not bright have a look at how bright this Vision is! :o

Hey Justin, Youre welcome I am glad you got to particiapte in this trial as it really is a new experience for many players and the night or more like twilight testing is a favourite of mine. Last summer we lost one ball between myself and my two sons during our after work games that usually finished in the dark, the glowing effect plus we have some special UV torches that really make them stand out.

Hi JB, thanks for the update and good to hear you found the balls had an effect that is real and helpful plus I like the idea that other players are interested. To be different for all the right reasons can only help in the longterm. :blush:

Hi Ad, good to hear you are getting your short game setup together as to many players talk to me about their lack of control around the green when a lot of it has nothing to do with their equipment they just struggle to stay down on the shot.

It's the same with putting from say 5 feet, do you want hear it going in the hole or watch it sliding by,,,its a choice but I know which one I want. :blush:

I will come up with a deal from Oz later in the day for the TP players only so I know you have the choice to reload while I sort out a more formal setup later in the year.

Talk more soon, Boz.

Well crap.

Last UVX3 took a dive into the creek today. I was playing horrible and probably shouldn't have been playing it, serves me right!

I have yet to break out the Gels or the Pinkys, I guess the time has come!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Hi Guys,

From what I can see the following will be in place until I have setup a program in the States.

US TP's - 2 dozen your choice - US$75 or 3 dozen US$99 (includes cap / glove / tees and freight.)

extra Dozens US$24 / Gloves US$10 / Caps US$10 / Team Shirts US$25 cotton polo / $35 Drytech polo

(info to be advised) / Team T Shirts US$15 (info to be advised) / Hoodies US$35 (TBA)

Canadian TP's - I am getting hit with small duty charges but hefty service fees so + US$15 per

order and I will pick up the difference.

Delivery by TNT door to door and payment by PayPal please.

Email me directly with inquiries sorry its not an easier set-up but I am not in a rush

at present as there is plenty going on in Oz as this has been a break through year for me.

Cheers,

Boz. :blush:

PS 3 Test Pilots will receive polo shirts etc as part of my thank you for the big effort

here so far. Emails will be be despatched in a fortnight to those guys that I draw out of the hat. :blush:

Awesome Boz, thanks a lot. I am thinking about reloading from SMT today, do they have balls in stock or are you saying that program is not in place yet?

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Hey JB... I just ordered from them and got the balls FAST. You have to call them to order, but they are pretty reasonable. They have the Artic White, UV and the Xpert 2's. Had 'em in stock a week ago. :blush:

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Dryfit Polo's eh? Might have to nab some of those with the rainy seasion starting to kick in here.

Any timeline for the next batch of Pinky's/Tru Blue's? I've still got a lot of my current Pinky's but I'm prone to giving them out lately to get more people interested in the Vision's line.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Hi Guys, Mike is looking at it at present, make sure you ask him as that will

give him a little more confidence in the updated additions like the Pinky. :blink:

Thanks Mike that is right in regards to current stock on hand in the US and

SMT are pretty quick to organise it but it needs to be a call at this stage

to Mike / Pat in the warehouse.

Hi Ad, Pinky is now good to go from Oz but TruBlue will wait until I sort out

the Tour Vision design and become part of my 2011 introductions to the range.

More info as it comes to hand,

Boz.

Hi JB,

I will put up a link to the shirt site to show the colours and you can pick any colour and I will then get it customised.I just will need to go with one of two styles as they have been safe re sizes and quality.

Talk more later,

Boz.

Thats part of my plans for the Test Pilot's.

Why not be a real trend setter yourself instead of like many players nowadays dressing up like the current Touring Pro's. This can be a way cooler approach to your game, as you now know other players are checking your new gear out and wondering what it is you're testing and as it is exclusive and hard to get it and interesting in a visual style it has very high street cred in many markets.

Atleast that is what many of my local OZ TP's have found and the best thing is over time they are playing better golf with a greter understanding of their own game.

Be Bright - Play Vision.

Boz. :)