Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Vision Golf Ball - US Test Pilot Project - MyGolfSpy

That's true Boz. Yesterday I was playing as a single and a group of three let me play through. As a "thank you", I gave them each a UV yellow I'd picked up from SMT. I then had a chance to tell them about the balls and the company. Everytime I play I am asked about something Vision. It's really cool to be an insider :). Thanks Boz!

This should nicely complement the stuff from Bogey Golf at http://www.bogeypro.com/ If you want a laugh then look at their FB page http://www.facebook.com/BogeyProGolf

I for one will be ordering Vision Balls, once I figure out which ones are best for me, and oh yes, if this contract turns in to a long term wage earner!

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

Everytime I play I am asked about something Vision. It's really cool to be an insider :D. Thanks Boz!

Same thing happens to me, and I'm VERY happy to tell them about Vision. Its just too cool!

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I could head to toe it in Vision Wear and love to be a local golf ambassidor! Would be a fun way to play more golf, meet more people, and spread the word about the product.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I lost my Pinky today!.....took a dunk in the drink.....but not before I was able to really score with it!

Just got back yesterday from an 8 day cruise to the West Indies, Virgin Islands & the Bahamas...needed to swing a club so I played Sunday morning.....

After a horrible front nine....I knew I needed a change so I reached into my bag and pulled out the Pinky for the 10th hole...Tee shot good but on right side of dogleg left par 4...I had 170 yds to the green over the trees at the dogleg. Pulled out my 5 wood (thanks Powerbilt) and put it over the trees, landing just 5 yds short of the green. I then pulled my 8 iron and chipped it in the hole for a Birdie!..Next hole was a Par 4 and my drive was again to the right....I pulled my 3 hybrid (thanks PowerBilt)and punched it under the trees out to the fairway, stopping about 15 yds short of the green, chipped up and made the 8 footer for a Par!...next up was a 150 yd Par 3...6 iron to the green and two putted for a Par...So I am 1 under after three on the back...Next up...Par 5 had a great drive, with a 185 yd second shot to layup to the lake. My third shot was a 145 yarder over the lake, but unfortunately, I looked up and skulled it into the lake....Pinky was in the drinky!

I didn't want to lose another so I used a Maxfli the rest of the round...finishing the back with a 41, just 5 over Par.

I'm really gonna miss that Pinky!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm really gonna miss that Pinky!

I lost my Russel last week. Fortunately, not the Pinky!

I tested the X3 UV, the Gel and Pinky today. The Gel felt heavy... it held it's line VERY well on shots struck with the driver, 3w and 3h (I'm talking straight-as-a-string), but it seemed weighted down when chipping around the green. I've never experienced something like this before. Very weird.

The X3 is spectacular. I had one shot, a pitch on 14 at my course, that was the closest to making me feel like a Tour pro. I swung, made perfect ball-then-turf contact on the sweet spot. The ball seemed to knuckleball for a second, but rose up about 10-12 feet in the air; it caught the green and just stopped cold ~1 foot from the hole. I stood there for about a minute just dumbstruck. Unfortunately, I think the X3 spins too much on drives/long shots for my tastes. If they were mostly straight, it'd be OK (so long as it doesn't balloon), but since I was fighting a hook today, the spin really seemed to exascerbate it. That one pitch wasn't the only bright spot with the X3, however... I had plenty of instances where I could do the "point and shoot" methodology of chipping. I was within 3' of the hole a good 90% of the time (this includes my testing I did on the 18th, after I officially ended my round). Flop shots were good, though it seemed to roll out just a bit more than I expected it to. Kind of odd, but not a big deal since I don't flop it that often. If I was hitting more shots on the straight and narrow, this would still be my #2 ball because...

... The Pinky is just awesome. I used the same one for the last 9 holes I played and am just amazed at how it performs. My long shots held true- not as much as the Gel, but pretty close. It has a nice soft-yet-not-so-soft feel on chips, pitches and putts. I could do the "point and shoot" method- it was exactly the same as the X3. When I did my additional testing, I even managed to make it spin back on a flop shot! My only issue with it is the color... yes, I know it's pink and it's not that- it's just, for me, the harder of the three to see. Regardless, this is my #1 new favorite!

Hi Foz and Justin, Pinky must be the new White for the guys,this has been really helpful

as I am hoping to use the Pinky's make up with the UV Yellow colour.

Just in regards to weight feel , if a ball is just a bit harder or softer to your usual ball

it can feel either a touch heavier (harder) or lighter (softer).

Thanks for the write ups. :)

Boz.

Vision Golf Ball Concepts & Designs by The Atanak Co Australia (1980 - 2016)

• 2 weeks later...

BOZ!

I finally got the package! I guess it arrived a few days ago. My apartment office called me, "Hey we've had this for a while...". lol

Let me first say you are a generous man, Boz. The extras you included in the package are fantastic. The glove is the best feeling golf glove I've ever put on my hand. I've played everything from WeatherSof to SciFlex to Taylormade to Warbirds....this thing is just great. The hat is sexy, of course, and the towel is very soft. Also, best hat clip I've seen in a while! I will definitely make good use of all those things.

I just got the package, so I haven't had time to test the balls on the course, but I did do a quick putter feel test in my house. I compared all the models to each other as well as some other popular balls I had lying around (Nike, Titleist, Callaway). My first impression of feel is that the Yellows, Pinkys, and the translucent balls are very firm feeling. My guess is that these are relatively LOW spinning balls, I haven't looked up the description yet...I want my tests to be unbiased of any description or opinion. The "X3", I think its called, is a softer feeling ball...comparable to the ProV1x or Callaway Tour.

I admit, it feels weird standing over neon balls, but hey...if they work, who cares? This is coming from the man who just put a pink shaft in his driver. I'm a big advocate of Breast Cancer Awareness, so I'll try not to be biased towards the pink one. More to come in the near future!

Thanks again, Boz...let me know how else I can help!

SARGE BLOG: Helping people win the internet since the day I started helping people win the internet.

You're welcome Sarge. The cover feel and then total ball full shot feel will be a little

different to normal but take your time and I hope you SEE that I am on the right

track so far.

Talk more soon,

Boz.

Played really well until the wheels fell off for some reason, decided to throw away my good swing and top, hook and slice my way around the last few holes.

Lost both Russells for no good reason other than the idiot swinging my clubs.

I still can't decide which I like best but I have been playing multiple balls (if I go round on my own) and generally, when the good golfer is playing, the Visions go further and are nicer to use in all aspects. The Russells were a pleasure to use, straighter and about 5 yards further, nice around the green, but now they have gone.

I finally bruised the Proto but it still flies nicely.

I have not used the Arctic Whites much as I concentrated on the yellows for now.

Played the worst 9 holes of my life on Sunday, lost more balls than ever, could not swing a club properly to save my life. Good thing I did not put any Visions into play. I would have none left. The state of the course did not help, just punched and sanded and championship rough where balls dive in to die. But I can't blame the course, the equipment or the balls - I hate that!

The trouble with this trial is that I get scared to use the Visions near hazards and that gets into my head and I end up putting them into the hazard.

The Pinks still intrigue me and I would like to try them, I don't see them on the Vision site so assume they are not production yet or I would persuade my Brisbane friend to buy some and send them to me.

In all they feel good, I have compared with several brands lately and they give the most satisfying click off the club. Not sure which they compare best with as I do like the ProV1x, but am willing to try anything as I have hundreds of balls.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

Odyssey Putter.

Open for sponsorship

Hi Guys, Spes brings up a good point about the new balls not being on the visiongolfball website. I have not updated the site since I received the new production stock into the warehouse and whilst I am trilling them around the globe because I am not going to telegraph my approach and extension of the ball lineup to the majors before the January 2011 US PGA show in particular.

All the 2011 balls are NOW available and I will look to setup local US access in the near future but to be honest I have been supplying players direct from OZ in quick time and the balls will probably end up about US$25 to US$29 per dozen with a few nice gifts so,,, I am just not in a rush to fully launch in the US until I find a proper distribution pathway that will work during these tough economic times.

I am looking to build a small production run of Bright White and UV Yellow TV-One prototype balls to test a few ideas in the near future plus a NEW UV Yellow update to see if I can bring the feel in line with the Gel and the distance of the PINKY.

Cheers,

Boz.

Hi JB, Yes I love the The UV Yellow colour but I personally want some more playability out of the structure whilst keeping the go straight/long style so ,,, ;)

Hi Ad, The Pinky is set for sure I am looking at building a run of TruBlue's to see if we can get the same results from players. :D Boz.

Well Boz, whatever you do to the balls, just make sure you keep doing it the way you've been doing in the past. I am still really liking everything I've hit so far. I'm with you on the yellow for a gel/pinky type ball too! Would love it I'm sure!!

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Had a putting green sesson with the Atric White, UV Yellow and Pinky. Took me a couple minutes to get adjusted, but I liked all 3, oddly enough, the UV Yellow I seemed to "feel" better and much better results.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

I just cant get into the pink personally. Im also not sure I can play blue balls, I cant even type it without snickering. Im still trying to get out to the course to try them all out, but loving the UV X3, the gel, Russell, and the prototype off the putter

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

Hi Guys, Thats what i like about this process though is that there is so much more being talked about in regards to the balls than just spin / distance / feel etc,,, that tells me that to be different for a reason will have some traction with other players but I do feel I want to stay a bit more exclusive in most of my export markets.

The way I look at things is that when I was looking after the Titleist Leadership (Tour players / Pro coaches / Elite amateurs) Program in Oz/NZ with my father the thing he kept in the forefront of my mind was that our relationship with players was always the most important factor in building loyalty/support to the brand and the ideas it brought.

I want my Vision players to experience this type of relationship with me and as such I believe I end up with a better business because of it and that way we turn the Pyramid of Influence on it's head. Regular players become the new trendsetters with enough direct info from the source and other like minded players to info others of the benefits and positive outcomes they can also achieve with the right VISION. :( Cheers, Boz.

Boz, I can not agree more, relationships and customer interaction, is the key to build the business, heck, any business. The old saying "It's not what you know, it's who you know" can get you a long way.

A satisfied customer can sell more of you golf balls, than any store display, word of mouth is king!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

I'm looking forward to breaking out the Gels this weekend, I've lost or destroyed all the X3s and Arctics, and have been saving the Gels and Pinkys for last!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

AW, when you order the balls from Boz, what do you pay in brokerage fees? Just received a bill for $15 for the trial set.

This is one of those ridiculous fees we get here in Canuckland.

I once was billed $60 in brokerage fees for a $20 item from the US.

Go figure, and there is no appeal.

I am thinking of ordering some balls direct form Oz.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Odyssey Putter.

Open for sponsorship