TESTERS WANTED! ×

Vision Golf Ball - US Test Pilot Project - MyGolfSpy

Just signed up as test pilot hope to here from them soon. BTW Vision shows U>S> distributer SMT their balls don't appear to be available online for a quick order?????

gdiddy... they aren't. Call SMT and order them and they'll get them to you fast. They have 'em in the catalog, but not for online order. Wish they'd fix that, but till they do, its worth the time of a phone call. :angry:

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

speszel: First time I got hit with $10 in duty, nothing after that. Course after the first shipment I had everything since sent to my office which has a US brokerage firm who takes care of things like that for us.

Though I do recall when I ordered my Nexus One in the summer, I was drilled by $120 in duty fees. Yikes...

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Unbelievable I signed up for the Test Pilot program last night and within 5 minutes Wayne replied back asked a few ? and Im on my way. Not only that I had sort of a special request and Wayne came thru. If more companies in the golf industry were like Vision they wouldn't need to change product every 90 days to attract LOYAL followers.

VISION GOLF IS A GOLF COMPANY ROCK STAR.

• SPY VIP

Unbelievable I signed up for the Test Pilot program last night and within 5 minutes Wayne replied back asked a few ? and Im on my way. Not only that I had sort of a special request and Wayne came thru. If more companies in the golf industry were like Vision they wouldn't need to change product every 90 days to attract LOYAL followers.

Just wait until you get the balls. :angry:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Hi SK, unfortunately I had done all the no charge packs I could afford to do in the first couple of weeks and to be honest you would have been a great Test Pilot as you are part one of my target golfer demographic as I am presenting these designs as Game Improvement products.

What I am now doing is offering any players the same deal that I run here in Oz, which is one of my Test Pilot Packs for US$69.95 which normally comes with 18 of the 2010/11 Vision designs plus some other goodies as per the earlier images on the thread. The MGS guys will get a special bonus plus I am paying the Express Freight from Oz and any taxes/duties.

If you think you are interested gdiddy has taken on the offer and if you would like to ask him about it on arrival that might be helpful.

I am keen on your opinion but I don't see where I will be able to find a full distribution pathway for my designs in the States for a while, so I am being careful in regards to my expenses to date

with this project.

Thanks again for taking an interest.

Cheers, Boz.

Vision Golf Ball Concepts & Designs by The Atanak Co Australia (1980 - 2016)

The "major" OEMs aren't like Boz/Vision. On one hand it's sad, but it does make you appreciate the companies like Boz's (at least, for me personally it's like that).

One hacker's point of view... The vision golf balls ROCK!! :D Not only do they perform as has been posted on this thread, but they are SO easy to find compared to standard. You will save money in the long run simply because you won't lose them as fast. Plus, I'd almost guarantee that handicap will come down. Mine has dropped from ~~24 at the beginning of the year to ~~18 now. A lot of that is because I'm playing the same balls all the time now and I KNOW how they are going to perform every time I hit them. :lol:

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

So it's $70 for 18 balls and what? I'd like to try them out, but at that much over the price of the balls I play ($39 a dozen) I don't know that it's feasible. For reference, I carry a 6.7 handicap currently. And I do use a tour level ball.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Here is an update on the Vision glove to go along with the recent ball comments - I have been playing with the Vision glove since... what was it Boz... early-mid August when you sent those out?? I've been playing 4-5 rounds each week. This thing is amazing. I've still got all the grip I need with it. Slippage is about unheard of, no matter if I'm hot and perspiring, rain, sun, fog, etc. I'd guess I've probably still got about half the life left in the glove!!

You can call them to place an order......they also have a downloadable catalog with the UV X3 Vision balls.

Nice people, easy to talk with.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanks Guys, Appreciate the updates and support.

Hi Rookie, well there might be more than 18 balls in the box,,,, with maybe my STICKY glove / premium cap / magnetic marker hatclip / HiVis tees etc to add value for some players but then again I still get players that want more for their money. Thats life which is why I offer just the 18 balls and like to surprise my new players with what I put in their packs as that tends to work better for me and I feel players appreciate my efforts more this way.

As you are a Premium Tour ball player with a handicap at the lower levels I am not really aiming any of the current designs directly at you because you have a feel but more importantly a spin requirement that I believe is not what the majority of players should be playing in order to go low.

I have included some prototype Urethane Tour type balls for the MGS guys that I am working on but until I get the updated design produced from this test session I think you may want to hang on as you might be dissapointed and I am keen to not over reach in what I offer to any players that take an interest in my Vision.

Talk more later,

Boz.

Thanks Guys, Appreciate the updates and support.

...As you are a Premium Tour ball player with a handicap at the lower levels I am not really aiming any of the current designs directly at you because you have a feel but more importantly a spin requirement that I believe is not what the majority of players should be playing in order to go low. ...I think you may want to hang on as you might be disappointed and I am keen to not over reach in what I offer to any players that take an interest in my Vision.

Now that is refreshing honesty from someone in the industry, and that alone is worth the price of admission, I for one along with a number on this forum will be patronizing Boz in the future. This is one product that delivered as much as, and more than, advertised.

I wish Wayne all the best in this endeavour; this kind of customer-centric attitude is a winner in my books.

And Wayne has been more than fair with me; what more could i ask for.

How to turn a "buyer" into a customer the Boz from Oz way.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

• SPY VIP

^^^^ +1

Lots of Vision love here.

Got my last pinky saved for my college's fundraising tournament next month. love to blast that ball. :lol:

Volvo Intorqueo

Hi Guys, thanks for the kind remarks. :P

Can we talk colour and style seeing everyone has pretty much seen the type of approach I am taking to how I create the colour of my designs?

I see in the UK that Srixon have added an Orange AD333 in a solid colour style to their range for the winter and Bridgestone will have a Yellow and Orange E6 in the US shortly but also in a solid colour style.

Orange is a great contast colour in the snow but it needs to be a Day-Glo type colour to work when the ground conditions might be mixed colours or with plenty of bright light on a normal course.

I am interested in your thoughts about style/performance coloured balls,, solid coloured balls have been around for ever but the Srixon Tour Yellow with it's advanced transparent style, like my Vision balls really looks like the next step forward in cover design.

My feeling is these soon to be released non premium major OEM coloured ball models won't really make coloured balls any more credible than the Crystal story they all ran up the flag pole in recent times and walked away from because yet again they didn't understand the product design requirement. The story was all about COLOUR will bring fun to golf,, sorry but the RIGHT COLOUR will make golf MORE FUN for many golfers

I believe they miss the point about TRUE BETTER VISIBILITY helping players with added confidence in both WATCHING the ball during their shot / FOLLOWING the ball in flight and SEEING where it lands! Plus a style that players might embrace as being NEW / FRESH/ COOL rather than ,,,,oh yeah coloured balls,,, so big deal whats new????

Am I wrong or is the future just the same old ideas being run up the flag pole enough to gain sales and support because they are the Majors OEM's of golf and a ball is a ball. Don't get so stressed about the choice they all pretty much play the same nowadays,,,,,don't they?

Cheers,

Boz. :)

(my smiley plays UV Yellows and needs the sunnies as they are soooo bright!)

Boz I'm with you. I believe the OEM's are " monkey see monkey do " Srixon has the same yellow ball TopFlight has had out for years, they sold some and now the other me to crowd jumps in the pool til the next buzz word jumps out.

I don't believe the OEM's care about what they sell as long as it sells. I would bet that next thing will be Diamond Dimples, cause who doesn't like double D's.

BTW my order is in L.A. USA already Thank You

A little story from this week: One of my golf buddies has heard that I've been playing wickedly bright balls of the pink or yellow persuasion and figured he would one up me. So after a truck load of trash talk he yanks a Srizon yellow Z star out of his bag with a ta da and fake trumpets all around. I'm guessing my smirk didn't go so well when he challanged me to see mine. Fittingly for their origin, I was able to pull out "You call that a knife? This is a knife!

He has since repented the Z stars with a formal drowning at sea (the first water hazard on the course for the kids to pick out) and was duly given a mixed box of pinkies and X3's. Yet another convert to spread the word! Coincidently Boz, my next order may be a decently large one...

I think that sums up the difference between the Visions and any of the other coloured balls out there.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

A coloured ball is just that, a golf ball with colour and most people won't be interested in using them.

Mostly women use the Crystals I hardly see anyone else with them.

Now a ball that has high visibiity in the air and on the ground that has the added advantage of being suitable for most people to use rather than being a rock that only Pros can really compress and get to work for them, that is useful.

I have used other coloured balls but I still lose them among the leaves and other debris.

A high viz yellow ball, or a high viz white ball like the Vision balls is just the ticket.

The difference between these balls and the others is enormous. Vision balls look like they mean business whether it is the gels or the others.

If the Srixons perform well and have high visibility they will sell if the Pros use them and if they spend a lot on advertising.

Hardly anyone pitches "game improvement balls" to the masses no matter what colour.

The right colour is important, and I am colour blind so I know what I am talking about!! For me they have to stand out, even the green vision balls are not bright enough for me, (now that I realise they are green, I thought they were a dull yellow); I have never seen balls as bright as these, people sure look and take notice. I wish I had enough to hand out "go ahead and try" when I get my next batch I will do just that, AWincey certainly does; and word of mouth trumps advertising.

Time will tell if the OEMs are just trying another pitch which I think they are.

The right colour.

The right visibility.

The right ball to use.

That is what is important.

Enough rambling, someone else's turn.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

Odyssey Putter.

Open for sponsorship

• SPY VIP

A lame playing colored ball is still lame.

Someone may snag a sleeve to try them on a whim, but I would bet that they would not buy a box.

Case in point for me is the two-ball sack of the blue version of the Shweaty Balls.

Pure novelty, zero function.

Bridgestone may have a shot in the playability area as the e6 is a solid ball. However if it ends up looking like the other dull orange balls, they won't be around for long.

Color with a purpose and improved playability trumps cosmetic only.

I'm ready for the UV orange :)

Volvo Intorqueo

Is it still possible to participate in this ball review initiative? I'm a hacker so I think I could add some valuable feedback on the Vision balls from the perspective of a high handicapper.

SK I received The Boz Box today!!!! I ordered them Wednesday!!!! 2 days and You should be very happy with the Boz Box

Holy DownUnder Bozman You ship fast!!!!!!

ordered 10-20 received 10-22. 2 days from Australia

I love all that I got and cant thank you enough For your extras. I will be playing Monday and intend to be your Central Ohio Sales Rep LOL

What the H&ll is that glove made from I couldn't throw a club now if i had to.

And remember Golfspyer's " You don't need to see it if you have Vision "

I think its hard for people who haven't seen them to appreciate how bright the Vision UVs are, they're different than any other ball. I really like the color and think you'll have a hard time topping it.

Haven't had a chance to break out the Gels, I was going to last weekend but started off with a lost ball on 1 and 2 so decided to hold onto them! Saturday now, I hope!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Hi Tyk, I am looking to brighten up the X3UV's to match the regular

UV Yellows early next year as the soothing green of the X3's just

doesn't zing like the staybright regular colour. Talk soon, Boz.

I played a Yellow WB yesterday......and it performed!

Great feel off the driver(Cobra S2), crisp off the irons(Powerbilt Air Force Ones) & had a nice click off my new putter (Slotline SSi-693).

We picked up a single on the first tee. He said he only hit Pro V1's....I told him a little about the WB and he commented that he noted that it was easy to spot in the fairway or rough. He was definitely impressed when I started draining 15 to 25 footers (...and so was I).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hi Foz, thanks for talking up the Vision story. :D I feel the UV colour will gradually be the colour that really does make Vision stand out from the other brands as all the OEM companies have another go at doing the colour story. They just don't get/understand the WHOLE visibility performance story for regular players.

Hey AW, That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. If you want TRUE drop and stop you can get it with the X3's and after that it is then a matter of working on which V ball suits the conditions and course you are playing. :) Rarely do we see huge suck back :lol: with my designs which makes the excessive spin designs more of a pain than practical for attacking the hole IMHO.

Cheers, Boz. :benhogan-small:

Yesterday I thought I would put my sore knee to the test and try 18 holes, heck if Tiger can do it...

Put the first X3 in the water 30 yards to my right, hit off the toe; put a TaylorMade TP Black into play and did the same thing.

Played ok after that alternating with the Arctic Whites and the UV Yellows.

The balls behaved beautifully but I had a couple of wayward swings where I pushed the ball left "coming over the top" I said to myself so I made a swing adjustment and obviously fixed the wrong thing and hooked another X3 out of bounds. These balls do not show up very well in deep scrub in an out of bounds ravine, what's with that!

I will spend longer hunting for a Vision than any other ball; how's that for a ringing endorsement?

Found little difference in distance when I put other balls into play and I was hitting short except for when I thought I would be clever and use more club - then the beast would fly over the back of the green and gone, fun that.

I really like these balls, still not sure which I like best though, not put the pinkies into play yet, need to nurse my knee a bit more, think it affects my play somewhat.

Guys I bought a mixed batch from Wayne, they arrived so quickly they could have come from BC!

Thanks again for introducing me to these.

Now I have 400+ balls to use up that I picked up on the course walking my dog, "good ones" too, might make some friends, eh?

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Odyssey Putter.

Open for sponsorship