TESTERS WANTED! ×

Vision Golf Ball - US Test Pilot Project - MyGolfSpy

I hit my longest drive of the year Sunday with an X3... 292 yards (thanks to Skycaddie, as well)! It was a 286 yard par 4. I ended up in the rough to the left. I hit a nice touch chip with it and proceeded hack at my birdie putt. Blah. Walked away with par, but it was those "what might have been" moments.

I'm still in love with the Pinkie for its overall performance, but the X3 has earned a place right next to it, shoving the TM TP Red to 3rd place. Maybe it was me when I originally tested the X3... I have a tendency to get in my own way. But Sunday the X3 was just ON. All my good shots felt pure; the miss-hits were noticeable, but not overbearing. I put some decent spin on the ball, as well- I ended up saving bogey (yeah, I put myself in poor spots at times off the tee and had to make a recovery shot... I'm getting really good at that, thanks to all the practice) a couple of times with well-placed pitches that seemed to just want to go in.

I know what I'm asking for for Christmas- both the Pinkie's and the X3's!

Boz I played today with white,yellow and pink and shot my lowest score ever. 88. This is only the second time I have broken 90 and can only say its the ball. The white and yellow are one bounce and stop the pink released a little but the big thing is I could see the ball anywhere I put it. Also I kinda thought the big number on the ball was ho hum but you just dont even have to move the ball to know its yours, that beats the sh!t out of marking up the ball with lines or dots or any of that other stuff.

All I can say is THANK YOU

Hi Spes, Thanks for the detiles update as the stories always make for a better read for the group and helps to share the more personnal and I feel unique experiences that being involved with trialling relly new ideas.Its funny that you mention the looking hrder to find the Vision balls than normal, when I was with Titleist you didn't like to lose a bll but since developing these balls and the UV in particular we are much the same in looking for the balls.

I believe there is two issues in play on this, one is I expect to find my ball more often than not with the Visions secondly I do a lot of prototype testing and I know you haven't got truck loads of my stock so the ones we are playing are special or unique and because they do last you WANT to find them. :D

Hey Jus,Ok that is a solid drive for sure, as you can see the balls grow on you so an initail reaction is not always going to be the end game, thanks for the TP comparison as it is useful. ;)

Hi GD, Well done! It is great to hear how you have seen a real difference and this is part of my story in that we all could do with a Game Improvement design, its just the type that is the diffeence between the handicap groups that I see being the key.

True Big Markings with some style have got to leave normal prints for dead one day soon. Happy to hear you got it! It isn't always the main reason for an initial trial of our balls but usually after playing them for a while players become very comfortable with the clearer identification markings we are now using.

I have some new ideas I have been trial printing here for use in the future, and will try and load up an image to show some of these newer variations.

Thanks again for all the support guys as it does give me stregth,

Boz.

Vision Golf Ball Concepts & Designs by The Atanak Co Australia (1980 - 2016)

1: Skull and cross bones. If I could have this on one of the balls normally I'd have the sweetest balls in golf. Gimmie!

2: 2nd row, first one on the left. Just looks snazzy

3: @nd to last row, last one on the right. Also looks neat, keeps your name on there but very understated.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

No more N7 driver?

I still have it.......just wanted to try the Cobra S2.....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hey, I like all the logos......why not put a different logo on each ball in a dozen.....instead of numbers?

You only play one at a time, so the logos can help id your ball when you are playing with other vision golfers.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Hi Guys, yes Foz that is exctly what I am looking at, I would replace the numbers with icons or shapes that I believe will be more memorable for most player, especially instead of the usual 1 to 4 series. The Gelcoat cover in particular lends itself to the use of the bigger icons. Cheers, Boz.

Hi Guys, ok glad to see the ideas are not moving to far from normal this early in the piece, but outside the square is where I want to be and the further the better I feel. :huh:

I feel I should push further from the normal industry OEM ball markings to really make another practical clear point of difference between Vision designs and most other balls currently on sale today which are all just so similar and poor in terms of clearly identifying YOUR ball when it's in play. :angry:

Cheers, Boz.

• SPY VIP

Skull and Bones

Arrow in the Circle

The thumbs up made me laugh. Would like to see a hand with different numbers of fingers rather than a number on the ball.

"My ball is a Vision number 4. Count the fingers."

Clock is cool too, but make it 5:00 for happy hour rather than 800 for work beginning.

Pint and martini glasses would be cool too.

Crown is too much Scotty Cameron IMO

Overall very cool Boz

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Skull and Bones

Still want this.

I also want a bright Visons hat with that logo on it to (skull and bones on the front and the Vision + on the sides maybe?) in a nice bright green or something.

Rickie Fowler won't have anything on Vision players :huh:

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Only thing missing, (unless I missed it!) is an eyeball or a pair of eyeballs.

Seem apropos.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

Would like to see a hand with different numbers of fingers rather than a number on the ball.

"My ball is a Vision number 4. Count the fingers."

Clock is cool too, but make it 5:00 for happy hour rather than 800 for work beginning.

Pint and martini glasses would be cool too.

I also want a bright Visons hat with that logo on it to (skull and bones on the front and the Vision + on the sides maybe?) in a nice bright green or something.

Rickie Fowler won't have anything on Vision players :huh:

In my opinion, both of these are excellent ideas. Wincey's dead-on about the Fowler comment :angry: .

I played the WB yesterday......windy and dry, temp in the low 80's.

I was using two drivers; PowerBilt Air Force One and Cobra S2.

Both carried the ball well, but The PowerBilt AFO takes the prize....flight is lower and more boring, providing more run with the ball.

I'm pushing my irons right, somehow my face is coming through open thus the ball is flying straight, then right. I am getting good distance on the WB.

WB held the greens very well.

Overall, I played like crap, but had several shining moments.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, I just received 4 dozen balls I ordered form Vision golf, Now wait I know I'm in Ohio and its snowing I don't care I want to pay this years price and I want to support Boz in his quest. I can not say LOUDLY enough Boz is one of the BEST guys I have ever dwelt with. This man cares about my game and yours. If you don't order his product and love it you are "drain braimaged" and I say that with love. I guess what i am saying is we GS'ers have to support men like Boz with our dollars. Ask yourself How many company owners would email you personally to make sure you are happy? I'll bet you couldn't even get someone with knowledge to reply from Titilest, B stone, Nike, TM ect. You get the idea so give yourself a Christmas present and order something I think you will say " I got more than I paid for " .

Love Gdiddy

I fully support what gdddy said, I rarely buy golf balls, I find enough good condition ones that I really would never have to but I was impressed enough with this product that I did buy and once again Wayne came through better than expected.

I am sure if I had ordered balls on line locally they would not have arrived as fast as Wayne's product did, still blown away by that.

The only problem I have is that I blew out my knee, that coupled with the snow we had followed by the Deluge means that I have not had the chance to lose any of these precious things on a course.

Buy the Vision balls, try the Vision balls, tell your friends.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

Odyssey Putter.

Open for sponsorship

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, busy times here in Oz as it is getting warmer but plenty of rain (read too much!)

You're welcome GD and Spes and thanks for the plug, early days yet but the path is becoming

clearer as more regular type players are playing better golf with greater confidence with

my Vision designs.

If you want to check out the Oz Test Pilot teams progress the best place is over at iseekgolf

http://forums.iseekgolf.com/forums/13-golf-equipment/topics/21523-vision-golf-ball-test?page=166#posts-684539

I don't directly post there so that it can remain less commercial in its direction but there

are some really interesting stories from all handicap levels there that are genuine and revealing.

Thanks again for taking an interest in my different approach to ball designs and I

hope you all have a safe and happy Christmas with a better New Year, as I know there are many

of us that are happy to look forward to better times in the near future.

Yours in Golf,

Boz.

So, I was walking alongside the local golf course this morning, in the dark, watching the moonlight reflect off the lake that should be one of the fairways, then another and another; lots of rain lately so I guess most courses are what we call "wet", not unplayable to the dedicated but harder to find a decent drop area from the standing water. I am thinking of inventing the "water club" - a wedge with lots of holes drilled through the face to allow water to run through when one strikes a partially submerged ball. Don't tell me it has been done! Worth a try anyway.

So, this gives me an excuse to rehab my injured knee, torn ACL I think, my wife wants me to see a doctor or physio but those folks are busy dealing with sick people, know what I mean? Anyway I am working on it. I think I have a book on physio somewhere, or it's on the 'net. This means I have had no chance to lose Boz's excellent balls lately or continue the comparison of balls that have a high viz vs those that don't.

Now take away all the marshals on the pro tour events, make the players play faster, and give the players a reason to play a ball that is easier to find yet performs well (start with the ladies' tour)and maybe we would start to see "Vision" on the leaderboard where "Titleist" is right now. One can dream Boz. I know these balls are aimed at the weekend warriors, the holiday hackers, the non-tour "wish we were"s but it would be nice. But I digress.

Well Christmas is coming and I for one will play on Christmas Day, the course is closed but people are "allowed" to play anyway, and I doubt if the conditions will be like last year, deep frozen, 220 yard drive and 100 yard run on, hit the hard green and watch the ball bounce into the distance, fun. I'll apply hot ointment, bandage my knee, take painkillers just in case, and hopefully try out my new water club with my bright, reflective, high viz Boz Balls.

Nil desperandum, eh?

Hit 'em straight!

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Odyssey Putter.

Open for sponsorship

• 1 month later...

Well I am glad I have been paitient with my ball developments as there is no real push from

the majors for the better visibility story at the show this year.

I will look again during your summer to probably test my 2012 updated designs that I have

working on from the info supplied by the all the Test Pilot players.

Cheers, Boz.

Really? Seems Bridestone has decided to go after the market over here in the yellow. First they did the E6 yellow for the high cappers and now they're doing a yellow B330-RX for the low cappers. According to 4th hand reports, they're only making them because there's demand for them in North America.

I would diffidently would like to help..

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Hi Ad, Yes there is demand and both Srixon and Bridgestone know from the popularity of coloured better balls in Japan that there is interest but neither company are educating the wider market about the idea that visual performance is a major key to both better play and a quicker game.

Hi Ski, I will let the guys know here when the time is right.

Cheers, Boz.

• SPY VIP

Hi Boz

Good to see you back here. Having tried to play colored (yellow) balls here this winter, do you think that there is a color that works better than white when the ground is covered with leaves. I actually was losing yellow balls more than the white. I know you had a blue ball in the design hopper. I would have tried pinky if she hadn't rode a huge banana slice into the drink back in November...

Volvo Intorqueo

Hi ST, thanks and I have been watching from a far as the industry has some major challenges in making the game more enjoyable and quicker for the new players we hope to entice away from the many alternative pastime activities that now exist out in the market.

Good question,,,ok under a leaf and its never going to be seen but yes a strong contrast colour works best. The TruBlue protos and to an extent the Pinky worked really well as contrast colours even though they are not quite a visible in flight. Just when you would think you have lost one of the TB proto's you would keep finding it.

What I am working on thjough is UV versions of my other colours so that when they are in the shade or it is overcast they will still light up to help with being found.

Talk more soon, Boz.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

Cool new Vision ball that I found while surfing Boz's site...

http://visiongolfball.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=24

Volvo Intorqueo

No kidding, that's why I haven't tried them. Can't pay that much shipping for balls, it makes the price per dozen where it's not economical for me. And I refuse to pack scuba gear and a chainsaw in my bag, because if I lost one, I'd find it somehow.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.