Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Vision Golf Ball - US Test Pilot Project - MyGolfSpy

Shipping was a good deal, bought plenty and they arrived really quickly. I too pack a chain saw when I play, losing one breaks my heart and not just the cost, ProV1s cost more but they just don't look as good. I have even started letting people play through while I hunt...there I said it.

Bite the bullet, contact Wayne and buy a load, if cost is an issue then sell the kids' shoes and don't eat for a week, we all have sacrifices to make.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

Hi Guys, Thanks for the posts and I do understand the concern re cost,, and yes even I hate to lose a Vision ball because they do just look so cool that you do get attached.

That being said any of the guys from MGS that are keen will find I am more than happy to look at a deal to recover cost only in order to keep the story alive for a while whilst I find a better way to attack your local markets.

Value for money is very important to my longterm approach so I am happy to try a few different things at present as the feedback in always of interest and helpful.

Cheers, Boz.

Vision Golf Ball Concepts & Designs by The Atanak Co Australia (1980 - 2016)

Hi Hen, I have been looking at extending the size and colour mix

of the STICKY gloves but have put this project on hold until I

get the ball sales to the level that justifies moving forward on the accessories.

I have been working more on extending my Staybright UV technology

to the next generation of balls plus creating more bright colours

to add to the range that are highly visible in play.

Cheers, Boz.

I have been doing more field testing of the Bright TruBlue version of the Pinky these past few months which is not as bright as say the UV but seems to be quite findable due to the good contrast with the course colours. This might be a better colour than the Pinky

plus I have a few guys that would prefer this colour instead of having to play the Pinky (which is quite hot as the TP's know).

Ball_TruBlue_SMALL.jpg

• SPY VIP

Now that is a ball to play when the leaves are on the ground.

BTW Boz, buddy I played with last week was still gaming one of the UV Yellow "Coach #17" balls that you made for me last fall.

I am fairly sure he views it as the most valuable thing in his bag :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Hi Ad and Sac, hope you're both well. :D The stories are getting better and the fact that most

Vision players truely hate losing one is a great feeling as most players that do connect

with me understand this is the beginning of a very strong story that makes real sense with

no smoke and mirrors. :P

Talk more soon and thanks for the support, Boz.

The weather is finally breaking, Boz, I hope to get the rest of the test balls on the course the following weeks and start contributing again!!! I am sure I am going to have to reload too!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Hi JB and Just, good to hear from you both and it sounds like a plan JB. Just, I am working on

adding the UV effect to this Blue version to enhance the brightness before producing it in numbers

for trials. Cheers, Boz. :D

Hey Boz,

The Blue looks great....as I am a Univ. of Kentucky fan.....Go Big Blue!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hi Foz, I think if we can get it to light up it will make a lot more sense on the course and be good hen the light green grass is more in play or when the leaves are an issue in the fall. I hadn't thought about the tie in with the U of K but yes they have a great blue.

Hi JB, I think some of the colours we are working on will be on your radar as the latest deal in Japan is to use a ball colour that matches the outfit your are wearing on the day now this was a trend with the girls but it is creepoing into the mens area and knowing the range of bright colours you have been known to wear we might be a good fit oneday soon,,, B)

I am currently building our updated website, here is a early mockup of the home page

_VISION_2011_v4 Small.jpg

Hi JB, here is a doctored image of the Pinky to show how it might look if it was to glow with the Staybright UV effect so I would expect the TruBlue to work like this as well.

Pinky-Small .jpg

• 3 months later...

Boz I have been Killing it with the UV Yellow and am down to my last six I will be ordering more very soon.

Maybe you can help me, the clear cover seems to be hard for me to control ( meaning I slice the damn thing ) is the clear ball the same performer as the yellow and its in my head also the pinky seems shorter than the others again is this my brain or the ball?

Hi Guys, sorry for the delay in responding to GD as I have been looking at an updated 2011 MGS VISION Test session in the States and mybe Canada that I could offer to help me gather some current trial info from those original MGS TP Team members that want to have another go.

Firstly GD here is some thoughts on your questions,

The Gel or Clear ball is a little softer because it has pure cover material with no additives and will spin a little more so even though it is still a Straight type ball design.

The Pinky with a little bit of colour within the cover making it a touch firmer

ike the UV is an Extra Straight type design.

The X3 and X3UV will also spin a little more like The Gel and as such are Straight Type designs.

The cover shearing is also of interest to me, some clubs have sharper grooves or new clubs

that are not quite worn in plus player angle of attack will lead to an increase in the

damage to the surface of the balls.

My current Vision designs are being made with different blends of FlexiGel (soft

ionomer) which is not quite as elastic as say TPU Urethane and as such will shred a little

depending on the situation.

What I like about my covers though is that you can partially restore the finish by cleaning

the balls on course in a good ball cleaner with internal brushes works a treat or at home

with a light scouring pad and some cream cleanser like Jif / Ajax.

More info soon,

Boz.

Hi Guys,

Initially I am happy to offer the existing group of 2010 MGS VISION TP Team members the following,

MGS Vision Test Pilot 2011 pack (A) that will include 36 balls (your choice or mine) delivered stateside for US$60 which will help cover my Express freight costs & Paypal charges.

Extra dozens will be available for an additional MGS TP cost of US$20 with this offer.

For those MGS members that are new to VISION and my Test Pilot approach to research I will be looking to add a small group of approx. 10 extra players that will receive an initial n/c pack. Please understand I need Game Improvement type players not Tour Validated equipement type players to help at this time.

If I find there are more players wanting to participate than spots available I will look to offer a simialr deal as I have just done for the 2010 Test Pilot's but lets see how we go.

Please email me as that will work best,

wayne at visiongolfball dot com

Cheers,

Boz.

Here is one of the Prototypes I will be including,,,,,,,The 808 or BoB as we call it in Oz.

UV-808-Glow-Effect.-Smalljpg.jpg

Hi Boz,

I'm in......had a rough winter where my 13 Hcap slipped back to 21. Blame it on changing grips to midsize(dumbest thing I ever did), thought they would help my arthritic fingers.....NOT.... since I reversed back to standard grip, my Hcap has dropped to 15 and the summer has just begun.(BTW.....I play year 'round).

Send me details on the next round and do you want pmnt through PayPal? If so, do we use your email address or do you have a special account?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hey, Wayne, cost to Canuck land? I have not yet lost all the balls, due in part to not playing much 'cos of a bum knee! I do find the yellow balls scuff up when using the wedges and mine are not that new but they do clean up nicely. I'm in.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

Odyssey Putter.

Open for sponsorship

Hi Spes, I was wondering how you were getting on with your leg,,,,

It will be the same deal you just might get hit with local charges

as per last year. I will email to check what you need,

I am working on the flex of the covers at present but I also

wanted hear again from a range of players their thoughts on the

latest designs before setting up my next run of prototypes.

Talk soon,

Boz. :D

Thanks, I will be happy with your choice.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Odyssey Putter.

Open for sponsorship

Hi Will, thanks for asking and here is a bit of the story so far as the site is still running my earlier series info as I have wanted to remain under the radar whilst Srixon and Bridgestone dabled in the better visibility area over the past 18 months.We have been working in this area for 6 years and have learn't alot in this time as to what really helps players and what is more cosmetic.

Here is enough info for most players to feel comfortable with my approach and plus it adds a little to their confidence in the trialling of my designs, even though it should be said it is only a guide as each player will find they work in a potentially different way for each of them because of their unique swing dynamics and local conditions.

It does slightly reduce the surprise factor but that is ok, ;)

The Gel X (X-pert) X3 Squares with numbers and symbols

Long Distance with improved Shot Shaping Control

Soft Solid Feel Overall compression is 80/85 with a High COR due to Dual Cover setup.

Comparison products as a guide : E6 / NXT Tour / Trispeed Tour / RX330 / HX Hot Bite

The Gel V (Velocity) Circles with numbers and symbols

Long Distance and Straight Flight

Softer / Solid Feel Overall compression 70/75 with high COR due to the use of the hot dual density core. Comparison products as a guide : Wilson D2.5 / Soft Feel / E5 / NXT / DT SoLo / HX Hot

The 808 is testing a new core and colour for the X3UV but in a mid spin cover.

Russell is my TP Team mascot and is just along for the ride, put him in the sun and have a look in the dark to understand the X factor bling of my UV Staybright technology.

Current cover materials are FlexiGel (think Ionomer) in different blends with current devlopment work being done on TPU Urethane covers as part of my Tour Vision project which some players saw last year with my initial UV + Gel Prototypes.

Cheers, Boz (Wayne)

Hi Guys , here is also a unique iron concept we are currently testing in Oz for Mike Klais a German Vision Ball Test Pilot designer that has come onboard.More info as we see how they play as you can imagine they create a lot of questions when we have read so much about grooves over the past few years. Cheers, Boz

Grooveless Irons Germany gl.jpg