Vision Golf Ball - US Test Pilot Project - MyGolfSpy

Our Sponsors

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just like Bridgestone, or Titleist, or any ball maker, they make a variety. Some are urethane covered, some aren't. Price goes with what type of cover they have just like everyone else. No other ball

I was able to hook a few of our seniors at my golf course with the yellow vision balls.   One of the things that they loved about them was the visibility of the balls.  Not just on the ground but also

We did cover this way back when this thread started, if you shine a UV light on these balls before use they are great for low light golf, late in the day, dusk, that sort of thing, they retain a glow

Posted Images

Boz... Could you post the characteristics of each ball? or at least what balls are most similar to each of the ones sent out?

Are they 2 or 3 piece? are some longer than others off the tee, and some better around the green?

So, basically, what are the differences between the x3, pinkie, gel, and arctic?

I know I've seen this before for these balls, but I can't seem to find anything now...

Thanks...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Hi Guys, ok its good to see the packs work for you all

the way they have been working for me in many markets

which is a start in reagrds to player support.

Hi Mud, here is the earlier info,

The Gel V's - which is my Game Improvement HX Hot / NXT almost

NXT Tour like designs approx US$22.95/US $24.95

Mainly Dual-layer dual density cores, long with the lower than 95 mph driver swingspeeds.

The exception is the current UV which is a Twin cover structure

The Gel X's - which are aimed at the RX330 / NXT Tour / Trispeed

approx US$27.95/US$29.95

They are thin twin cover multilayer structured designs, the green

of the UV version will move to a super bright Yellow/Green next

year.

I am working on my Tour Vision project at the

moment with testing of both 3 and 4 piece structures

using a new type of FlexiGel TPU Urethane for the

cover, costing still to be worked out but less than

the Zstar's.

The proto's some of you have received are a twin cover multilayer

with a nano infused durathane cover that includes the Staybright

Technology. They are out of my personnal batch of 36 balls for

initial live player analysis of the performance of this cover.

My approach to ball design is aimed at assisting all the players

that could do with some Game Improvement in their ball selection

to help them hit more Fairways & Greens in regulation with drop

and controlled release spin levels around the green,

So now that you see how the story is unique I think the following

starts to make more sense especially for regular players,

"Do you want Tour validation of your equipment or would you

prefer to play designs that help you improve your overall game?"

I believe my player group will become the next tTrend setters

rather than the Touring Pro's that tend to look to dress more

and more like one another so as to blend in rather than stand

out.

My Vision is about style and real game improvement that go

hand in hand without burning too deep a hole in your pocket.

Thanks for the support,

Boz.

Vision Golf Ball Concepts & Designs by The Atanak Co Australia (1980 - 2016)

• SPY VIP

So my box showed up just as I was leaving to play. Grabbed a few balls and the glove and hit the grass.

Took one Arctic, one X3 white, and one X3 yellow.

Balls:

Large numbers are great. Easy to ID the ball when walking up to it. Graphics on all of the balls are visually pleasing and functional.

Started with the X3 white. Good feeling off the driver and the irons. Didn't get a chance to hit full wedge with it, but the around the green work felt nice. Good feel off the putter at impact, but it comes off very hot. I struggled with blowing the ball by the hole a bit. Granted a lot of that is the greens and my stroke, but I am interested to see if some time on the practice green will allow me to dial these in. Overall good impression that seemed similar in play to the Bridgestone e6 (to me).

After 6 holes I switched to the Arctic white. Love the look of this ball. It looks like the first generation Mojo balls with the mother of pearl finish. Performance was similar to the other X3 for me.

Final 6 were played with the Yellow X3. This was by far my favorite. I don't know if it was psychological, but this one just blasted off the driver. Super easy to follow ball flight. On a short (130 yard) par three I smoked this with my pitching wedge and it hit and hopped back about 5 feet. Lots of spin there. The only bad part was my swing went bananas on 18 and I splashed the ball into the pond. Was so pissed. Am still pissed that I lost that ball. I have been playing the Srixon yellow ZStars and I would play this ball instead in a heartbeat.

Will post more when I play the Gel and the Pink.

Glove

102 today on the course and the glove did great. It did feel a little hotter than the FootJoy Sciflex that I usually play. However it was very comfortable, especially after a couple of holes after it broke in a little. Were these on a post next to the FootJoy gloves, I would seriously consider the choice. I'll report back more as it wears.

All of the stuff in the box is top notch quality. Only moment of sadness came when I realized there was no "Russell" ball in the kit and that once again my giant head had no chance of sporting the hat. :(

Huge thanks to Boz and MGS.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

excellent... That's exactly what I was looking for... I definitely fall into the Game Improvement category, so I am really excited about giving these a try...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Boz,

My package arrived today, and everything looks great! The glove fits perfectly, the ball markers will come in quite handy, and my wife has already claimed the hat and visor for herself. The yellow balls are very cool, but from a looks perspective I really like the arctic white. I have my weekly league tomorrow and I can't wait to try them out!

I never expected such a variety of stuff, not to mention how fast it would get here! I can't send a letter from Milwaukee to LA that fast.

First impressions:

The gel balls look very high quality. Gel balls are not new over here, but the others I've seen always looked cheap to me. The Visions have style! The yellow balls are very distinctive and eye-catching - you won't mistake them for any others. Equally distinctive are the big numbers, which are very easy to read and stylish without looking gimmicky. As I said before, the arctic balls are very sharp looking.

Tomorrow we see how they play. I told my playing partners that my Aussie golf balls arrived today, and they are itching to see them.

Cool stuff, Boz. Thanks!

I have to echo "pfingst's" comments!

Wayne, the package arrived today, thank you very much; someone put a lot of thought into presentation, a veritable feast hits the eyes. Very impressive first impression, I can't wait to hit the course with these although they are too pretty to spoil! Before I even use them I can tell you they "outshine" any so called high visibility golf balls that I have seen. Yellow does not equal high vis but yours do.

I am going to be have to be careful where I use these, last thing I want is to be able to tell you how well I can see them in the bottom of the pond.

The glove is excellent, really good fit and attractive, so much better than the run of the mill stuff.

I will give an in depth review of these products as soon as I can.

More arrived than I was expecting as can be seen in the third photo.

More to come...

Did I say I was impressed?

Balls-1.jpg

Balls-2.jpg

Vision-all.jpg

Don't know why I did not check Vision Golf's home page before now, good info on their balls http://www.visiongolfball.com/

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

When you say they're as long as the Penta which model in the Vision lineup are you referring to, if I may ask?

It was the white Vision X-3s. I was hitting very soft fairways, so it was strictly a carry issue compared to where I thought I would be.

Now you lot know what we down under already knew. Our man of coloured balls certainly knows how to give you a package of goodies.

Enjoy what you have, as an addicted user I have tried most of the balls that you have in your box of goodies. All are different and play differently, some will suit your game more than others and one will become your go to ball if the land down under experience is follows on.

As Boz as said get to the practise green with the balls before you go out to play, that is where you will certainly notice the difference.

And don't let the different colours worry you, I got cleaned up in a match play game by our Club Captain who stole/borrowed a "Pinky" for the day, played of a 14 handicap at the time and finished 2 over on the back nine with a ball he had never used before but was astounded as to how far it went when hit.

And above all enjoy the journey, there is always great excitement here when Boz says the magic words "I have some new balls in for you lot to try". You never know what will be in the box and how the new offerings will play and how they are judged by the test team.

Great preliminary reviews........just checked the tracking notice....my box has left L.A. so I guess it's heading cross country for delivery in a few days.

Anxiously awaiting my trials with Vision!

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

so what is the deal with the Russell ball? Is it the same as the Gel V yellow? Assuming the Gel Vs are the round numbered ones that come in Pink, Arctic, and Yellow and the Gel

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

Ahh. Another xpat Pom. What part of Britain. I was born in Bradford. But resident Aussie for last 47 years. Hope you get the Chance to check out Bozs balls in the near future. They really are a Quality product.

I was born and raised in Bolton, Lancashire, joined the Army when I was 17 in 1969 and frankly rarely went home. Been all over courtesy of HM and most places i liked, even the Falklands and Belfast. I really like Brisbane and would like to go back to visit and play golf. Been in Canada this past 21+ years, lived in Medicine Hat and experienced the hottest summer and coldest winter on record and escaped to Vancouver, been here since but still travelled a lot. Really impressed with the look of the Boz golf balls and looking forward to trying them out. I will be chipping and pitching a good bit with them first, want to get a feel before I lose the first one off the tee. These things look so good they should have GPS trackers built in.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

Whats wrong with guys that hit the ball 300 and shoot in the 70's? I've always hit it 300yds; it's taken me a helluva lot of work to shoot in the 70's.

There's nothing wrong with that, it's more the "The Internet Can Make You Be Whoever/Whatever You'd Like To Be" syndrome. Did you know that I'm a neurosurgeon? I also have two part-time jobs: archaeologist and crime-fighting vigilante. LOL- that sort of thing. If you're a true bomber and can really shoot in the 70's- that's awesome and admirable. It just seems that on certain forums everyone's busy keeping up with the Jones', at the sake of reality.

As for this ball test- I'd like to participate, if I could. If people haven't guessed by now, I "shy away" (to put it meekly) from the "Big Boys" and their marketing hype.

Got my package last night. AWESOME!!! REALLY wanted to hit the course after work today and do some testing but wouldn't ya know... broke my glasses this morning. Now its a trip to the eye doctor instead of the golf course. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

Boz... the glove fits great compared to the FJ medium. Thanks also for all the extras! I really can't wait to get out on the course with all this stuff!!

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I got home from work today and found my package waiting on the table. I was very excited at the contents (even though I'd seen the pics of others' boxes): 18 balls, hat, visor, glove, stickers, towel, hat clip...and I might be forgetting something. Really unbelievable. My wife asked, "How did you get all that for free?"

Very preliminary review: I carpet putted each of the balls tonight against the Penta (which is the standard bearer for how a ball feels off a putter, it's absolute butter). I can safely say that each of Boz's balls more than held its own against the Penta and the tour ball was virtually indistinguishable. Based on the putter, I would have no problem putting any of these balls into play.

I am hoping that I will be able to get these out for a little short game work one evening this week. I will be sure to report back when I do.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

so what is the deal with the Russell ball? Is it the same as the Gel V yellow? Assuming the Gel Vs are the round numbered ones that come in Pink, Arctic, and Yellow and the Gel

hendricks97

Russell holds a special place in the Vision line up. He is one of the original little Aussie battlers whose name came up after much banter and discussion. To assist all of you, and by posting this link I am in no way trying to promote another site, here is how Russell came to life. He is a different ball all together from the other UV Balls (yellow) balls that you have to trail.

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=4&t=1799&qpid=30473

If you have a few spare days you could also try and wade through the posts in Vision Golf Ball Test thread. Though I must warn you that whilst there is a lot of top information in that thread there is also a lot of general banter between users. :angry:

I am sitting back in the land down under watching on with great interest as to how you lot over there are finding out about what we have been lucky enough to have used for a while. If you have questions post and I ma only to willing to assist where I can. The technical stuff is for Boz anything else is fair game.

My Vision Care Package was sitting at my front door when i got home last night......and what a care package it is!

Logo Towel, glove, hat, visor, tees, ball marker and 18 of the ugliest golf balls I have ever seen.

That's right...they may be ugly, BUT I really like the idea of being able to easily ID my ball.

I can't wait for the rains to subside in Central Florida so I can give them a spin.

I want to start with the putting green, then will progress to using in my normal rounds.

Let me say that I am very impressed with the quality of the Vision Logo accessories. As this stuff is not made in the USA, I looked at how differently the hat & visor is made realative to others. They are both great quality & value. One is going to be able to notice the Vision logo from a distance (good marketing).

I tried the glove on....WOW! terrific fit, especially for one who has a Cadet Medium hand. I like the texture and look forward to using it on the course.

Thanks Boz

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).