hckymeyer

DIY Black Putter Shaft (or other colors)

Our Sponsors

The EvnRoll grips are foam core. You're going to play hell getting it off with air. Best method is to use a grip removal tool and a BUNCH of solvent.

Or just get a new Winn Pro grip. They're the same thing

This looks so good!

How do I get the original grip off an Evnroll ER2 without cutting it?

I have a compressor and blow other grips on, but I don't know if it will blow off. Usually iron grips are glued too hard and the air is trapped.

I really want to reuse my Evnroll grip.

I would set the air to only about 20psi and then stick a tee in the hole of the grip end, then remove the tee, and putt a bunch solvent inside, then just very slowly and with short bursts of air work the grip a little until it comes loose, if it seems to be sticking add more solvent the air will escape eventually and it should push the solvent down the grip. Just don't force the air. It will likely come off very easily. Just go slow.

Gracias! This was my first time pulling a grip off using an air compressor and got a small tear in one of the seams. Luckily was easily repairable.

Now, if SuperStroke did a licensing deal with Disney for Star Wars grips, this would come in handy to make some light saber putters @golfspymbp

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I found matte black shaft wraps, super easy to put on and didn't need a new putter shaft.

shaftwraps.comMatte-Black.jpg

putting this order tonight for a few project utters I got lined up.... thanks..

putting this order tonight for a few project utters I got lined up.... thanks..

You could also use heat shrink tubing. I used it several years ago on a shaft.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

You could also use heat shrink tubing. I used it several years ago on a shaft.

Oh yeah I plan on buying heat shrink tubing, not the wraps...

On 5/13/2020 at 6:20 AM, Zen Snake said:

Oh yeah I plan on buying heat shrink tubing, not the wraps...

Word of caution, I did this little project a few years ago.  I ordered the heat shrink online and when it arrived it had wording on it.  It's cheap so I did not bother to return it but I made the trip to Lowes and picked it out myself so I could be sure there was no wording.  It is a super easy project that does exactly what you want. 

1 hour ago, DawgDaddy said:

Word of caution, I did this little project a few years ago.  I order the heat shrink online and when it arrived it had wording on it.  It's cheap so I did not bother to return it but I made the trip to Lowes and picked it out myself so I could be sure there was no wording.  It is a super easy project that does exactly what you want. 

Even better, thanks for the tip...

Love this idea, I know I am a little late to the party on this thread, but just curious. If you put this on without removing the grip (By cutting it down the length of the tubing) would the crease be unbearable? Even if you "hid" it on the back side of the shaft so it isn't visable at address?