TESTERS WANTED! ×

domenic.dc | WITB

Driver: Titleist 915D • Aldila Rogue Silver 60 110 MSI Flex S

Fairway: Titleist 915F • Diamana S+ Blue 70 Flex S

Hybrids: Callaway XR • 18° 22° • Project X 6.0 Flex S

Irons: Ping i E1 • 5-U • CFS Distance 110g Flex S

Irons: Callaway Apex Pro • 5-PW • Rifle Project X 6.0 Flex S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 • 50°F 56°M 60°K • Callaway Mack Daddy • 64°PM GRIND (hat tip to Phil)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Bag: Titleist 14-Way Stand Bag • Black

1483858939497.jpg1483858956077.jpg1483858980457.jpg1483858993484.jpg1483859003247.jpg1483859011990.jpg1483859023285.jpg

Sent from my LG-H812 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I can finally say that I am fully satisfied with the final product. I don't foresee any new additions to the bag for quite some time. Aside from maybe a mallet style putter to experiment with (Ping Cadence Ketsch Mid, TM Itsy Bitsy Day/Dj, or a Bettinardi).

Sent from my LG-H812 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Clubs that no longer make the "Game Day" bag but I have kept in reserve include:

Titleist 910D Diamana Kai'li 65 (Blue) Flex S • Titleist 910H Diamana Kai'li 80 (Blue) Flex S • Cleveland CG12 52° • TaylorMade Rossa siena 4 SuperStroke Slim 3.0

I like the mixed brand set up. Especially like the Cally irons I am messing around with a set of Call 2013 forged myself.

BTW The clubs are backasswards for me to hit------  BTW I give all you leftys the business over that

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

That's a good looking bag and both sets of irons are purty! :D 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Sharp looking set-up, like the mixed bag.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Great setup. What ball do you like to roll?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Callaway Rouge ST Max Driver, Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Fairway, Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Hybrid, Tensei AV Blue 75 S

PXG 0311 XP G3 Irons 5-GW, True Temper Elevate Tour S

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Wedge 54º, 60º, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

I like the mixed brand set up. Especially like the Cally irons I am messing around with a set of Call 2013 forged myself.

BTW The clubs are backasswards for me to hit------ BTW I give all you leftys the business over that

Thank you! My first set of irons were Callaway Big Bertha. I have since played TM Burners and Ping G25. I moved into the Ping i E1 (based on what I felt was a successful run with the G25's) when I decided I wanted to game a 'player' iron. However, like youself I wanted to experiment with a forged iron. I have never played a forged iron and I have always played stock shafts (CFS and CFS Distance with Ping) and was eager to also experiment with a premium shaft. Not a knock at all on the CFS shaft as I have had no complaints. I was more curious than anything. The Apex Pro ticked all the boxes for me...forged, rifle project x shafts, and what I feel are the nicest looking 'player' irons to come out in some time. I know performance wise the Apex Pro were inspired by the Callaway 13's that you are experimenting with based on tour feedback.

No worries! I hear it all the time. I like to say that I am just a part of the Big Lefty's cult.

Nice looking equipment and welcome to the forum.

When you have a chance go to Settings and the Profile and provide us information.

location, hcp, etc, etc.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Great setup. What ball do you like to roll?

I would previous play any premium ball I could get my hands on during sales including Z-Star, Chrome, Pro v1, TM TP etc...

Based on playing all of the different brands I settled on the Pro v1. I dont have any data just basing it on what I feel inspires the most confidence at address. Im sure it is bias and influenced by brand recognition and tour dominance. That is why I was so intrigued with MyGolfSpy ball testing. Breaking it down to the nuts and bolts so to speak accomplishes something that I can't or won't do on my own. I currently have about 100 Pro v1's in m reserve so it will remain my gamer for the next few seasons but I will definitely be more educated when its time to decide on a new gamer. I wont just pick the B330S because of Tiger!

Nice looking equipment and welcome to the forum.

When you have a chance go to Settings and the Profile and provide us information.

location, hcp, etc, etc.

Thank you for the wecome! Do I have the ability to update the profile on the mobile app for android or does it have to be done via desktop?

I don't see an option in the settings to update my profile. Thanks!

Thank you for the wecome! Do I have the ability to update the profile on the mobile app for android or does it have to be done via desktop?

I don't see an option in the settings to update my profile. Thanks!

I don't know about the app since I don't use it. 

However, on the top of the desktop website you'll see your name and a drop down list. Check it out.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Thank you! My first set of irons were Callaway Big Bertha. I have since played TM Burners and Ping G25. I moved into the Ping i E1 (based on what I felt was a successful run with the G25's) when I decided I wanted to game a 'player' iron. However, like youself I wanted to experiment with a forged iron. I have never played a forged iron and I have always played stock shafts (CFS and CFS Distance with Ping) and was eager to also experiment with a premium shaft. Not a knock at all on the CFS shaft as I have had no complaints. I was more curious than anything. The Apex Pro ticked all the boxes for me...forged, rifle project x shafts, and what I feel are the nicest looking 'player' irons to come out in some time. I know performance wise the Apex Pro were inspired by the Callaway 13's that you are experimenting with based on tour feedback.

No worries! I hear it all the time. I like to say that I am just a part of the Big Lefty's cult.

I am just the opposite having played forged blades all my life. Of course when I started playing that was all we had. I do not play or practice as much as I used to and the Callys offer me a little more forgiveness. Mine do hit well and have a great feel. Mine are not as stout in the shaft department as yours mine have 5.5 Rifle in them but at my age that is enough shaft for me. Nothing wrong at all with "Big Lefty" I love to watch him play he is a thrill a minute and Bubba is fun to watch too!

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Nice setup. What irons do you find yourself playing more at the moment, the pings or the callaways? How would you compare the feeling between the two? I know the pings are cast but I think they made an effort to make them a bit softer than the previous generations.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Nice setup. What irons do you find yourself playing more at the moment, the pings or the callaways? How would you compare the feeling between the two? I know the pings are cast but I think they made an effort to make them a bit softer than the previous generations.

Thanks! I currently play the Ping i E1 as my primary gamers. They are definitely more forgiving and with the 431 stainless steel (same as glide wedges) being used in this offering the feel is fantastic. The Apex Pro are definitely a "Pro" club and dont offer the same forgiveness. The forged feel in the Apex Pro is second to none but I would say the Pings are not far behind in terms of feel. I am still adjusting to the Rifle Project X 6.0 shafts and dont have the same comfort level yet as I do with the Pings.

I dont drive the ball 300+ nor do I claim too. So it is imperative that I know my distances so that I can better manuveur a course. Everybody wants to go 2 into the green on par 5's that are 500yds but usually not the best course of action when you are 220-240 out.

Archived