TESTERS WANTED! ×

Miura Golf Sold

Zeasy

So miura golf has been sold and the new owners will be targeting the pxg market with a $350 a head genesis iron.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I'd really like to see these companies pushing for $350 sets

HAHAHAHAHAHA! How do you pay Uhlein a $7 million "thanks for the last few years of dedication" bonus with $350 sets?

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

By flooding the market with product and selling 100x as much.

Golf's lost the concept of premium and economy. Today, "economy" sets (off the rack and readily available) of clubs are sold at a premium prices in big box stores. What does a $500 driver get you today?

Golf's lost the concept of premium and economy. Today, "economy" sets (off the rack and readily available) of clubs are sold at a premium prices in big box stores. What does a $500 driver get you today?

Buyers remorse.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Does anyone know who bought them?

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Well there already is Miura Giken and TourSpec will be the distributor for Miura as a whole so, sure I can see more premium clubs like that (not that "standard" Miuras are cheap).  The key thing is the family is still involved, ie your clubs can be hand ground by the "hand's of god" and his son...as long as that stays true and they keep building clubs for lefties, they are still top of my short-list this year though my game would probably be better served with i200s (and I would save a LOT of money that way).

There's no doubt that PXG made a major dent on miura sales.

There's no doubt that PXG made a major dent on miura sales.

Yup. I think it's cause they actually advertised. It got people talking bout the brand where miura kinda seems like an inside knowledge kind of brand

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

It'll be interesting to see what route the new ownership takes. And I too believe that PXG and their approach is the cause of this

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Well there already is Miura Giken and TourSpec will be the distributor for Miura as a whole so, sure I can see more premium clubs like that (not that "standard" Miuras are cheap). The key thing is the family is still involved, ie your clubs can be hand ground by the "hand's of god" and his son...as long as that stays true and they keep building clubs for lefties, they are still top of my short-list this year though my game would probably be better served with i200s (and I would save a LOT of money that way).

Pretty sure it is true spec, not tour spec... If recalling correctly, there was some old bad blood between tour spec and miura. Regardless, it's not him as the primary distributor. Don't even think he has a direct account (can't), and gets them in through someone else...?

Just FYI - Working on a piece as we speak addressing this topic and hope is to have it ready to go on Wednesday when Miura will make an official announcement.

Hope they keep up the custom department, like completely changing the shape and grind of their models upon request vs what has been hinted at re lessening their product offerings. Happy w my current clubs, but picking out a grind and doing something like a tour pro could only do was top of my list for the next set, specifically through them. I dont know of any other option to straighten and thin a topline, remove offset, change the toe, etc, and have it all come in to specific target weight by changing the type and grade of steel used. That's building a set from the forged block up. Who else does that? At any price.

More news on the blog!

Looks like they have a plan to not make any big adjustments to fast. That's great news.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

• SPY VIP

Looks like they have a plan to not make any big adjustments to fast. That's great news.

Precisely. Changes are going to be made, but not in such a manner which drastically alters the quality of the product or what people have come to expect from Miura. 

Archived