TESTERS WANTED! ×

I hit the Epic...and I liked it

4Left

Things get crazy when you jump to Ludicrous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygE01sOhzz0

The crown on those would naturally need to be a plaid design.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

• 1 month later...

I don't see a lot of chatter in the forums about this driver but wanted to give my impressions. While I did hit it on the launch monitor, I think it's better to describe my range and on course results.

First off, before I took this to the course, I tweaked the settings on the range until I found a combination that was giving me the ball flight I wanted and seemed to be spinning optimally. I have 5 different shafts that I could use in this driver but I am hitting the Rogue I/O 70 X-Stiff the best, which is the same shaft I used in my XR16 SZ. I started with the weight forward, since that's what I used in the XR16 SZ, and was actually spinning the ball too little. Then I moved the weight to back and it was like magic, Not only did I look like I was carrying it further, but it made the driver a bit more forgiving and it felt better. I played the XR16 SZ at 8.5* and I play the EPIC SZ at 8*.

On the course, the longest driver I ever mustered in my 5 months with the XR16 SZ was 295 (I had one at 303 but it took a huge bounce of the cart path). For reference, I measure all my distances with my Gamegolf GPS. In my first 3 rounds with the EPIC SZ, I've hit two drives in the fairway over 300 (303 and 305). I'm hitting it ridiculously straight and have a plethora of confidence with it in my hands. Keep in mind, I also switched to the Chrome Soft X during this period, which works really well with this driver, so that could be part of the extra distance I'm seeing as well. All I know is that I love the driver so far and hope I can keep hitting it at this level. It is EPIC!!

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I don't see a lot of chatter in the forums about this driver but wanted to give my impressions. While I did hit it on the launch monitor, I think it's better to describe my range and on course results.

First off, before I took this to the course, I tweaked the settings on the range until I found a combination that was giving me the ball flight I wanted and seemed to be spinning optimally. I have 5 different shafts that I could use in this driver but I am hitting the Rogue I/O 70 X-Stiff the best, which is the same shaft I used in my XR16 SZ. I started with the weight forward, since that's what I used in the XR16 SZ, and was actually spinning the ball too little. Then I moved the weight to back and it was like magic, Not only did I look like I was carrying it further, but it made the driver a bit more forgiving and it felt better. I played the XR16 SZ at 8.5* and I play the EPIC SZ at 8*.

On the course, the longest driver I ever mustered in my 5 months with the XR16 SZ was 295 (I had one at 303 but it took a huge bounce of the cart path). For reference, I measure all my distances with my Gamegolf GPS. In my first 3 rounds with the EPIC SZ, I've hit two drives in the fairway over 300 (303 and 305). I'm hitting it ridiculously straight and have a plethora of confidence with it in my hands. Keep in mind, I also switched to the Chrome Soft X during this period, which works really well with this driver, so that could be part of the extra distance I'm seeing as well. All I know is that I love the driver so far and hope I can keep hitting it at this level. It is EPIC!!

xflex u son of a lol jokes man ur swing speed must be 110ish or more

Bags

Yes sir, right around that. I've worked really hard the last couple of years, around the time I turned 40, to increase my swing speed by hitting the gym hard. I think I was closer to 100 a couple of years ago.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

You have the answer in your reply. The Beyond Epic.

I got to hit the Epic 3W and boy is that an easy stick to swing, and longg. I'll still be looking at the BBA816 assuming the price will drop a smidge this year. Not swinging the Krank as well as I would like to be.

Don't waste your money. The 815>>>816 line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver- Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha Double Black Diamond

3 Wood- Callaway 815 Big Berth Alpha

3 -5 Hybrids Callaway Apex

6-PW- 2014 Callaway Apex Pro

50,54, 58 Wedges- Callaway MD3

Putter- SeeMore FGP

Ball- Kirkland Signature and Snell MTB

Don't waste your money. The 815>>>816 line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all honesty probably going with the 2016 M2 3HL. I was able to carry identical distances with that and the Epic.

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

I have seen similar results, but went with the Standard epic over the SZ. Have hit a couple 300+ which I haven't seen since my 20s, and am averaging over 275 on good strikes measured with Arccos 360. Love this club.

Love the avatar! We never see those in the wild around my stomping grounds. Been a looong time since I had any.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased and was fitted for the Epic SZ, however after playing several rounds with it, I have gone back to the previous GBB. I have installed an extra weight in the head and the Aldilia NV 75 shaft installed is just giving great results. 

I may look to get the Rogue in 75 gram, to test that out, when I got fit for they only had the 65 gram.

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Taylormade M2 15*  
Callaway XR OS Hybrid 19* 
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 3 50*, 54*, & 60*
Cleveland Huntington Beach # 1
Ball: Taylormade Project (a)
@usmc23112

Every time I see this thread title, "I kissed a girl and I liked it" pops into my head. Then I start envisioning Katy Perry jumping up and down and it's all downhill from there.

Carry on, nothing to see here.

As I opened this thread to read what you wrote Bones, the same thing happened to me. Except mine took a left hand turn and went down the road where instead of riding in on a lion during the half time show it was the giant Epic head showing the jailbreak technology from the PGA Show and yea....you get the picture...

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

As I opened this thread to read what you wrote Bones, the same thing happened to me. Except mine took a left hand turn and went down the road where instead of riding in on a lion during the half time show it was the giant Epic head showing the jailbreak technology and yea....you get the picture...

If the sharks weren't there, it isn't even worth mentioning haha

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

Archived