TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf tees?

SuperDave

I switched to the Bugle Tee http://www.bugletee.com a few rounds ago and have really enjoyed it. I love having the same tee height every time. I bought two of them to try both driver heights and like the shorter one. I've been driving it well with them but that probably has more to do with the EPIC SZ that found its way into my bag a few weeks ago as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I switched to the Bugle Tee http://www.bugletee.com a few rounds ago and have really enjoyed it. I love having the same tee height every time. I bought two of them to try both driver heights and like the shorter one. I've been driving it well with them but that probably has more to do with the EPIC SZ that found its way into my bag a few weeks ago as well.

For almost ever I put my ball on the tee and then place my driver behind it quickly to see where things are. I pretty much know at that point if I have my ball tee'd correctly. It's all part of my pre-shot routine. So.. I guess I'll just stick to the ole tried and true method. But testing the 4-Yards More tee was a fun little experiment for the day.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Lady Davies used to do this to keep the ball low off the tee, she would make sort of a divot with the club and then set the ball on top. Look it up on you tube to see how she did it.

I basically do the same thing when hitting a fairway wood off the tee. For some reason and I know it is in my head I absolutely can not hit a fairway wood off of any kind of peg tee

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I tried a brush tee today - anyone else tried them? They take the guess work out of the ball height, but like plaid said above - i check that as I set up anyway.

I didn't see any difference in performance, but I still like to chew on the wood tees.

I basically do the same thing when hitting a fairway wood off the tee. For some reason and I know it is in my head I absolutely can not hit a fairway wood off of any kind of peg tee

I'm the same way! . I guess that's why I gave up on fairway woods and used hybrids for the longer shots and short par fours. It's almost like I have the yips with a fairway wood. No it's a fact that I get the yips with a fairway off a tee

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I found a blue martini tee awhile back and just tossed it in my bag. I then found a blue martini tee that has a stopper on it to provide the same height. I tossed it in my bag.

Last week I decided to try them, so I used the regular one with the wind and the one with the stopper on it into the wind. So far I like them. Today, after the round, a buddy tossed me a white martini tee....so now I have 3!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I found a blue martini tee awhile back and just tossed it in my bag. I then found a blue martini tee that has a stopper on it to provide the same height. I tossed it in my bag.

Last week I decided to try them, so I used the regular one with the wind and the one with the stopper on it into the wind. So far I like them. Today, after the round, a buddy tossed me a white martini tee....so now I have 3!

I keep those big headed puppies in my bag.  Problem being too many other shaky old basta*ds must like em too.  They're kind of hard to find in my neck of the woods unless I run over to Atlanta. I suppose I could order them online if I can remember to do so...   :wacko:

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I keep those big headed puppies in my bag. Problem being too many other shaky old basta*ds must like em too. They're kind of hard to find in my neck of the woods unless I run over to Atlanta. I suppose I could order them online if I can remember to do so... :wacko:

Foz, OG - you.guys see the "Golf Shop Thieves" vid? There's a great line at the end!

I'd gotten some pink ones for.my wife, and - yes! - I've borrowed one from her from time to time :)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I use those wood tees that are rather longer in length that are white with blue lines on them.   Using the line, I feel that I consistently tee the ball at a consistent height.   For tee shots with an iron,(somewhat rare for me), I first look around for a broken tee.  

I use these: http://www.flex-head.com/

They have a lifetime warranty...if you break one, send it back to them and they'll send you a new one.

I'm one of the 1-4% that have had one break and sure enough, I got sent a new one.

I thought I was the only one on this planet using these things....... I use em for driving off the tee box.

For Par 3's I dont use a tee.  I just give the grass a little bump with my iron an place the ball on top of it..... 

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Foz, when you use them, lean them forward as far as you can without the ball falling off.  Of course you have to put less of it in the ground when do that so you get your desired height.  An LPGA pro told Martha to do that; gets more distance.  She loves those tees.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Foz, when you use them, lean them forward as far as you can without the ball falling off.  Of course you have to put less of it in the ground when do that so you get your desired height.  An LPGA pro told Martha to do that; gets more distance.  She loves those tees.

I'm guessing around an inch longer off the tee?

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I'm guessing around an inch longer off the tee?

It's more than that!  I think the ball actually spins less and it rolls and rolls.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks KennyB and sportsfan....I'll try it later today.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I use the short wooden tees for iron and hybrids. For my driver I use the martini tees.

https://cdn.3balls.com/images/product/large/1034000/1034561-aaa.jpg

Same here, I like the martini tees, they last forever and easy to find.  Plus, don't have to spend a long time bent over (and getting dizzy) to balance the ball on the tee. Hey, priorities change with age! 

In the bag:

Driver:  Ping G 400 Max

Fairway: Ping G 400, 7 w

Hybrids: Ping G 25,  4

Irons:  Taylormade P 790, 4 through P

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM 7,  54  and 58

Putter:  Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

Foz, when you use them, lean them forward as far as you can without the ball falling off. Of course you have to put less of it in the ground when do that so you get your desired height. An LPGA pro told Martha to do that; gets more distance. She loves those tees.

I tried leaning the tee forward this weekend......Boom! Saw 224 and 230 with the Triton!

Archived