1. 1. What clubs have you been fit for?

• Driver
    • Fairway/Hybrid
    • Irons
    • Wedges
    • Putter
    • Never been fit

"Have you ever been fit?"

Yes, I was fit in Nov 1983 when I ran the Tri-Cities Marathon... just under 4 hours.  That was the last time I ran anything more than 100 yards.  I got progressively more unfit every year after that.  That's one of the reasons I took up golf in 1991... It's something I can play without being fit.  However, my game did improve after I got "fitted" for my Ping i20's in 2012.   :lol:

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

For people looking to get fit and are unable to go where they have Trackman etc there are plenty of older style fitters around. Ask them if they are PCS (Professional Clubmakers Society). These folks really know what they are doing and that is without the latest gadgets.

• Like 1

Then why did I charge you that fitting fee lol jk

Cause you said that nothing in life is free...plus you guaranteed my money back if I don't shoot par first time out! :lol:

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0

Hybrid: :Sub70: 949X Pro 2 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Cause you said that nothing in life is free...plus you guaranteed my money back if I don't shoot par first time out! :lol:

That first part sounds a lot like me, not so sure about the second part lol

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Best fitting I've ever had was at Miles of Golf back home in Ypsilanti, MI. I was fitted for driver, fairways, and irons. It was a combination fitting of hitting in an indoor bay out on to the driving range so we could confirm visually with what was being displayed via computer. I was able to choose real targets on the range at various distances so I could test out more than just a 6 or 7 iron. They had every component one could imagine from heads to shafts. Just an incredible experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

I remember a wise old man ( my grandfather) once told me its a poor carpenter who blames his tools..BUT its not that way with golf equipment.

I have my complete bag fitted Driver 3W 5-9 PW AW SW LW, I now swing every club the same way and thus gained considerably greater consistency with accuracy and distance. Tom "Wishon"clubs are great

Clubs I might mention but I will never buy clubs that arent fitted to me and my swing cause I want them to be MY CLUBS FOR ME TO PLAY WITH, just saying!

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I've been fitted for the whole bag. My 1st ever fitting was for a putter, and I was amazed at how much I learned. Everything else has been fitted on grass as well, which I believe is important.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

THIS!

The really good fittings I've been through have been great learning experiences - both about equipment and about my swing.  Static fittings are okay - at least you get length and lie right, but the full Tour Van fitting I went through at 2nd Swing was remarkable (click here for the write up).

What made me really appreciate that fitting was that, two months later, it was completely backed up by a full bag fitting at Wilson Staff - virtually the exact same results for iron shafts and lie, as well as driver (different shaft, but it worked great). 

Putter fittings have also been educational. From Brad Pluth I learned shorter (32") works better for me, with a heavier head. And the Edel fitting (click here) was eye opening, and you're going to have to pull that Edel Willamette out of my cold, dead hands...

At least until I find something newer, shinier and offering immediate gratification.

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSi3  
FW Wood: PXG Gen4 2-wood
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*
Irons:; PXG 0211; :Hogan: Pro Combo; :benhogan-small:FTX Combo;:benhogan-small:'99 Apex Plus; :benhogan-small:'99 Apex blades; :macgregor-small: 2010 VIP irons; :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTZ ZipCore: :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60
Putter: :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: Buckingham; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X; :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV; :wilson-small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo