Our Sponsors

Is anyone using or working on the Leadbetter A Swing?  I started trying it to try and work on eliminating my blocks and blocked fades.  I have been working on it and have developed a hook.  Any advice from people working on this swing would be appreciated.

Is anyone using or working on the Leadbetter A Swing? I started trying it to try and work on eliminating my blocks and blocked fades. I have been working on it and have developed a hook. Any advice from people working on this swing would be appreciated.

I am working on it and have not encountered your issue but there's videos on you tube for swing fixes you may want to check out. For me I went from hitting blocks right to hitting pretty straight with maybe a 2 yard fade. Also for the first time I can reliably draw the ball as well but prefer to eliminate one side of the course when I can.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

In the bag:

King Cobra F7 10.5* with Fujikura Pro 60 S flex 44.75"

Ping Anser 16.5* with TFC 800 S flex

Mizuno JPX900 19* with Fujikura Pro 70 S flex

Ping I20 4 - PW with CFS S flex

Ping Gorge Tour 50*, 54* & 58* with CFS S Flex

SeeMore FGP Milled 36.5"

Mygolfquest,

Thanks for the reply.  I followed your advice and found this video (

) on the setup.

Drawing my right foot back helped out a ton.  Thanks for pointing me at youtube, I had forgotten that there was so much information on YouTube about the A Swing, much of it published by Leadbetter himself.

The hook, my greatest Enemy.... I don't use that A swing method but something I have to watch out for when the lefties hit is I have a tendency to get flat on my backswing and the arms get stuck behind my body trying to catch up, if that happens then to prevent a right side miss my hands flip closed at the last second to try and square the club face which more often than not leads to a hook. Hope that swing works out for y'all

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.