Is anyone using or working on the Leadbetter A Swing?  I started trying it to try and work on eliminating my blocks and blocked fades.  I have been working on it and have developed a hook.  Any advice from people working on this swing would be appreciated.

Is anyone using or working on the Leadbetter A Swing? I started trying it to try and work on eliminating my blocks and blocked fades. I have been working on it and have developed a hook. Any advice from people working on this swing would be appreciated.

I am working on it and have not encountered your issue but there's videos on you tube for swing fixes you may want to check out. For me I went from hitting blocks right to hitting pretty straight with maybe a 2 yard fade. Also for the first time I can reliably draw the ball as well but prefer to eliminate one side of the course when I can.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Mygolfquest,

Thanks for the reply.  I followed your advice and found this video (

) on the setup.

Drawing my right foot back helped out a ton.  Thanks for pointing me at youtube, I had forgotten that there was so much information on YouTube about the A Swing, much of it published by Leadbetter himself.

The hook, my greatest Enemy.... I don't use that A swing method but something I have to watch out for when the lefties hit is I have a tendency to get flat on my backswing and the arms get stuck behind my body trying to catch up, if that happens then to prevent a right side miss my hands flip closed at the last second to try and square the club face which more often than not leads to a hook. Hope that swing works out for y'all

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Oswaldo

• By Calypso55
      Usually, when I find that my swing in out of sync, I go back to hitting balls on the practice tee with my feet together.  And, almost always, the drill results in pure shots.

So, my questions are, what is it about this drill that works so well?  What positive aspects of the golf swing are resulting from this exercise?  And, most importantly, how do I take those aspects and apply them to a standard set-up position and golf swing?

Thanks, group!!!  Always wanting to learn more!!!

Bill

• By GolfSub70
      Just wanted to share a ~1 hour interview with PGA Tour winner and Impact Zone Golf founder Bobby Clampett.  Interview covers his playing days, what he learned as a CBS announcer, then his comments on some current swings and his passion for instruction and the golf swing

Soundcloud link - https://t.co/BvosQ344cJ 
    • By puttingpirate
      So, it may be a little rant-like but I want to improve as quickly as possible without going in circles so I thought I'll ask for an opinion here.

Went for my first lesson - as I've started struggling with 2-5 irons for some reason, so instead of the usual 2h spent on pitching and chipping - we spent some time on going back to basics with the swing.

My impact position was still pretty solid, the body works 'okish' but i wasnt happy with the contact on shots.

So after a few shots the diagnosis was - I'm laying off the shaft too much.

I am consciously doing it, as I've got a fade and want to avoid having a slice.

So I've been told that the hands want to go where the grip is pointing. Which most of the time I'd agree with but I like to have a certain 'feel' that helps me with timing a lot and not coming into the ball steep like hell.

We worked for a while on it, to set the club shaft basically parallel to the target line.

The contact is a bit better, but im back to hitting slices.

Anyway, took it to the course, it wasnt the worst or best. I played fairly ok. And then went for a lesson just out of curiosity with a different guy at a different place as with my current one - seems my long game has stopped progressing/been stagnant for a while.

And he basically turned 180 degrees, said my shaft is too steep, that it should be pointing at about 2o'clock at the top of the swing etc...
      Literally the exact opposite of what I was working on. Also - after that lesson I went to the range, and could not hit the ball for about 40-45 minutes. I felt like I've wasted £70.

But then 2 opposite opinions... Which one is right? How the hell am I supposed to find a coach to trust?
      I have the aspiration to get to scratch within a short period of time.

So yeah... Kind of bummed.

Wood swing: https://www.instagram.com/p/BdNzMkphWAd

Advice?
    • By CabbagePatch
      Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advise. I currently have a set of TaylorMade Speedblades, stiff shaft and my swing speed is between 85 - 95 MPH. I am looking to move over to the 2016 M2 Irons, should i move over to Regular shafts?
    • By skrupa15
      I've been struggling lately reconciling two pieces of advice that I'm sure all of us have heard at one point or another:

1. Hit down on your irons to improve your strike, launch the ball, compress the ball, etc.

2. Hit up with your driver to maximize your carry, minimize spin, etc.

For whatever reason I seem to be getting into a rut, stuck between these ideas.  If I focus on hitting up on the driver, I notice I start hitting everything in the bag thin, stop taking divots (although I've always been more of sweeper), and stop controlling my distances.  If I focus on hitting down on my irons, my drives start spinning too much.  Since I hit my irons a lot more over the course of a round I've decided to focus on striking the irons as I believe it will ultimately save more strokes.

What I'm after is a thought or swing idea that meshes these two pieces of advice so they aren't conflicting with each other so much and dragging my ball striking down.  Maybe I'm being greedy, but I'd rather have one swing that I alter slightly as I go through the bag than "two" swings - one of the irons and one for the driver.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these common tips and how you deal with them regarding your ball striking.

Thanks guys!
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!