TESTERS WANTED! ×

What other obsessions do you have?

Peaksy68

I'm into coffee, football and lifestyle design.

Podcasts are a huge part of my day. Guys like Tim Ferriss and Abel James are big influences of mine.

I have all kinds of pour over devices, a high end espresso machine on the way and a high end companion grinder, and am really far down the rabbit hole of different origins/tasting notes.

The Raiders are one of my true passions in life outside of golf and the other things listed. There is nothing more important to me on game day than watching them play. I can't describe the passion I feel towards seeing them successful. Let's just say there have been moments I can remember that have effected me personally more than a lot of experiences in my life. It's such a powerful game. We are finally back baby! Man does it feel good.

I understsand about the Raiders. I've been a fan since I was 8. Next season will be 50 years. I've had to step back and get a grip...lol. The last 14 years were killing me! I was a miserable $@!%# on game days. Football isn't worth it..lol. It does feel great to be viable again!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understsand about the Raiders. I've been a fan since I was 8. Next season will be 50 years. I've had to step back and get a grip...lol. The last 14 years were killing me! I was a miserable $@!%# on game days. Football isn't worth it..lol. It does feel great to be viable again!

I agree with you, the problem is emotion sometimes steps outside of our control! Haha. Love it though!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• 1 month later...

From the time I could walk and hold a ball I've bowled; in high school I started to play football and rugby. I coached all 3 and bowled in a couple competitive leagues for a couple years after high school. But now I work shift work out of town so can't commit to anything really. During the winter I've started going to shinny hockey at the local rec plex, and golf during the summer. Nice rum and whiskey is also something Ive taken interest in lately

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Outside of golf it's mostly photography and my kids. Purchased a drone last year for aerial photography and landscapes but with twin toddlers it doesn't get taken or much haha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

My little girl

Basketball, used to play for the school team, now only watch NBA games

Tennis

Video games, currently playing Overwatch and WoW (yes, after quitting many years ago). Used to play CS competitively and Dota 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I've had one "toy car" (1981 Mercedes 380 SLC) for about 13 years and now that I'm an "empty nester," I've started to get more interested in vintage/fun cars.  Picked up a 1968 Cutlass Convertible last year and have a 2013 Mercedes SLK that's "the wife's car," (not a classic, but still a lot of fun to drive)

I had so much fun looking for a vintage car, now that I have one, I'd like to have another - lol

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Other than golf, what are your other obsessions.

For me it's coffee, wine and recently barbecue has crept in.

Ive been roasting beans in my shed for about 10 years, and the coffee I make on my high end espresso machine is as good as any I can buy in a cafe.

I've got a tiny Shiraz vineyard out the back which is finally starting to produce. First batch is ok, but I'm looking to improve this vintage.

I got interested in BBQ about the same time I joined MGS, last Easter whilst holidaying in Hawaii. Since then I've cooked up some great pulled pork with homemade rub and homemade North Carolina style BBQ sauce. Trying to build my skills before attempting a brisket.

attachicon.gifIMG_0584.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0585.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0587.JPG

My brother in law has had some great success in catering and food trucks and they have a line fantastic rubs and sauces. Rocky Top BBQ in Charlotte NC. I love grilling smoking etc as well and the wine thing is even easier. Cheers

David Taylor

StealthPlus2 Driver and 3W

Paradym 5-A

Taylormade High Toe 54, 58

Ping Oslo putter

ProV1x

Currently, it is to lose some weight and keep it off.   I currently have two sets of pants to accommodate my varying waist size.   I definitely do not want to purchase a third set.   My wife and I will be attending a wedding in a few months so I need to fit into one of my suits which I currently don't.   I do not want to purchase a new one that I will not use again for some time.

Currently, it is to lose some weight and keep it off.   I currently have two sets of pants to accommodate my varying waist size.   I definitely do not want to purchase a third set.   My wife and I will be attending a wedding in a few months so I need to fit into one of my suits which I currently don't.   I do not want to purchase a new one that I will not use again for some time.

I know the feeling.  However, after traveling for 45 years and wearing suits most of that time, I will not wear another one.  I got rid of all but one, and I haven't worn that one in over 2 years.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Boating, car restoration and photography for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I know the feeling.  However, after traveling for 45 years and wearing suits most of that time, I will not wear another one.  I got rid of all but one, and I haven't worn that one in over 2 years.

LOL, I went the opposite way, as I often had to crawl under floors or in ceiling areas to run cable at work I seldom wore a suit at work.  I own more suits now than I ever did during my working career.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I play guitar. Electric and acoustic. I also like woodworking, so that has gotten me started building guitars. I'm now in the process of gathering hand tools to get into traditional woodworking, no power tools at all. It's almost like golf. The sound of a hand plane going across a board has the same beauty as forged irons banging together in rhythm while walking the course.

I guess I'm a pretty solitary guy as I play golf alone much of the time and woodworking is something else I can do by myself.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I play guitar. Electric and acoustic. I also like woodworking, so that has gotten me started building guitars. I'm now in the process of gathering hand tools to get into traditional woodworking, no power tools at all. It's almost like golf. The sound of a hand plane going across a board has the same beauty as forged irons banging together in rhythm while walking the course.

I guess I'm a pretty solitary guy as I play golf alone much of the time and woodworking is something else I can do by myself.

I'm a Cabinetmaker. I didn't post my other "obsession" because it's kind of what I do for a living.... but not really...lol.

I love 18th century furniture. I taught myself how build Queen Ann and Chippendale furniture, carve ball and claw feet, scallop shells, acanthus leaves, etc....

I built kitchens, baths, and all kinds of cabinetry for homes for years. I built pipe organs for 5 years with Schantz Organ Co. Now, I build trade show exhibits. My first love will always be 18th century furniture and the techniques of those craftsmen of 250 years ago.

I've always been intrigued with violins and often thought about learning to build them, but that is another trade/skill that is related, but entirely different than cabinetmaking! Good luck with your Luthier hobby!

I'm a Cabinetmaker. I didn't post my other "obsession" because it's kind of what I do for a living.... but not really...lol.

I love 18th century furniture. I taught myself how build Queen Ann and Chippendale furniture, carve ball and claw feet, scallop shells, acanthus leaves, etc....

I built kitchens, baths, and all kinds of cabinetry for homes for years. I built pipe organs for 5 years with Schantz Organ Co. Now, I build trade show exhibits. My first love will always be 18th century furniture and the techniques of those craftsmen of 250 years ago.

I've always been intrigued with violins and often thought about learning to build them, but that is another trade/skill that is related, but entirely different than cabinetmaking! Good luck with your Luthier hobby!

Thanks Silver and Black. I gathered that you worked wood in another post when you mentioned you had a Stanley Bedrock. Are they really better than the Bailey's? I've grabbed a few Baileys cheap and let the collectors drive up the bids on the Bedrocks.

Cool that you also build furniture. I am getting closer to that level. I like mid century designs and would like to make a few of my own pieces in the future.

I am currently a stay at home dad that daydreams of someday getting back in the workforce. I considered perhaps making a career change and becoming a cabinetmaker, but not really sure it's for me or not. I really have lost interest in power tools, mostly because I have three kids and after hearing them running and screaming all day, the last thing I want to do is run a noisy saw.

I went to school for film editing and spent many years working on television shows. My hobby of woodworking eventually led to being asked to build props and set pieces for shoots, which I really enjoyed.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

I gathered that you worked wood in another post when you mentioned you had a Stanley Bedrock. Are they really better than the Bailey's?

They are a little heavier and a little better made. They are/were Stanley's top of the line planes. Bailey's are just fine.... I have several. If you really want high end planes, look at Lie-Nielsen. He makes some of the best planes you can buy. Most are based on the Stanley Bedrock design, but are even better made and higher quality. I own 6 Lie-Nielsen planes.

My Grandfather became a woodworker when he retired. Cabinets, furniture, stuff for Church, you name it. There will never be a more happy reminiscense than the smell of oak through the planer in Papa's shop.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

They are a little heavier and a little better made. They are/were Stanley's top of the line planes. Bailey's are just fine.... I have several. If you really want high end planes, look at Lie-Nielsen. He makes some of the best planes you can buy. Most are based on the Stanley Bedrock design, but are even better made and higher quality. I own 6 Lie-Nielsen planes.

I've been looking at Lie Nielsen back saws. Really nice, but I think I might go with the Veritas saws to start. The Veritas are probably he best bang for the buck saws out there right now. I've got a couple old Disston panel saws to start, a rip and crosscut for rough dimensioning stock.

It's another path to spend $$$, just like golf

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

I've been looking at Lie Nielsen back saws. Really nice, but I think I might go with the Veritas saws to start. The Veritas are probably he best bang for the buck saws out there right now. I've got a couple old Disston panel saws to start, a rip and crosscut for rough dimensioning stock.

It's another path to spend $$$, just like golf

Veritas is a quality tool. I use one of their block planes at work. You can't go wrong with anything Lie-Nielsen makes, but it it is pricey stuff. As they say.... you get what you pay for. Lie-Nielsen is a life time tool. Actually, a many life times tool. They are a joy to use. Having said that, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a well tuned Stanley. They perform admirably. Look how many are still around. They are definitely a quality tool.

And yes (no?)....... it is not a cheap hobby! But, unlike golf, once you have your tools, if you buy quality stuff, you have them for life.

Archived