What other obsessions do you have?

Got into amateur astronomy last year. I live in one of the cloudiest parts of the country so it's makes us appreciate the clear skies when we have them. Also makes good rain gear for golfing essential in this area.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you like to twist people words around. Nice hobby. I personally like sarcasm.

Classic cars!   1957 Chevy Belair in Surf Green. Turns 60 years old this year. Ive had it for almost 13.  

I like this list.   And since you didn't ask but I'll tell you anyway  did I tell you the funny story about the time I broke a course record in the morning, and would have re-broken the record that

Posted Images

My gym workouts are a passion and I suppose obsession. I go four days a week and I always leave feeling better than when I arrived.

If you can bottle that motivation and sell it, you'll be one very wealthy Woodshed Owner
  • Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Well maybe I should have said more alive cause half the time we feel half dead  :D  lol

Seriously I can walk in the gym tighter than a tic on a Georgia hound.  I work out an hour or so including elliptical  for 20 minutes, do some light weights, and then cool down with stretches.  Hell when I walk out, I feel like I can breath better, not so stiff as before and I have a little pop in my hop. 

I seem to always have a hitch in my get-a-long.   :(

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I love darts. I throw a bit everyday and watch all the PDC and BDO stuff I can catch on TV/stream.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Got into amateur astronomy last year. I live in one of the cloudiest parts of the country so it's makes us appreciate the clear skies when we have them. Also makes good rain gear for golfing essential in this area.

My brother has a couple of nice telescopes. Boy it sure makes ya feel insignificant when looking at star clusters or galaxy clusters
  • Like 2

You need to move to Bend!   :)

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Now that I have retired, I plan on a lot of reading. My Mom collected Dean Kunz paperbacks so I gave a great start. I also have a set of Clancy novels(not Jack Ryan) to go through as well. I am also interested in reading some KY history....I have several books.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

You need to move to Bend! :)

Bend and their 300 days of sunshine a year plus all their golf courses and microbreweries would be a fantastic place to live. If only they had more job options there. If I had a job where I could work remotely Bend would definitely be a place I would consider.

• Like 1
:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Bend and their 300 days of sunshine a year plus all their golf courses and microbreweries would be a fantastic place to live. If only they had more job options there. If I had a job where I could work remotely Bend would definitely be a place I would consider.

Working in Bend would by definition be "Working Remotely"..     

(I love that place. We spend at least a week there every year)

• Like 1

Driver -   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Working in Bend would by definition be "Working Remotely"..     

(I love that place. We spend at least a week there every year)

Me too!  We are just never there at the same time!!

Me too!  We are just never there at the same time!!

We are going this year for the Solar Eclipse.  August 19-26

• Like 1

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

We are going this year for the Solar Eclipse.  August 19-26

Nope!  Can't make it then.  Guess we will have to play in the Valley sometime this year.

• Like 1

Nope!  Can't make it then.  Guess we will have to play in the Valley sometime this year.

I'm not too sure how much golf will be played on this trip anyway..  Final weeks of preseason XC training for my kid (very high mileage), and its our 24th anniversary that week. I might be a little preoccupied.  

• Like 1

I love darts. I throw a bit everyday and watch all the PDC and BDO stuff I can catch on TV/stream.

One Huundddrreeed and eeeeeighty. Said in my best drawn out British accent

• Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'm into coffee, football and lifestyle design.

Podcasts are a huge part of my day. Guys like Tim Ferriss and Abel James are big influences of mine.

I have all kinds of pour over devices, a high end espresso machine on the way and a high end companion grinder, and am really far down the rabbit hole of different origins/tasting notes.

The Raiders are one of my true passions in life outside of golf and the other things listed. There is nothing more important to me on game day than watching them play. I can't describe the passion I feel towards seeing them successful. Let's just say there have been moments I can remember that have effected me personally more than a lot of experiences in my life. It's such a powerful game. We are finally back baby! Man does it feel good.

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Podcasts are a huge part of my day. Guys like Tim Ferriss and Abel James are big influences of mine.

I have all kinds of pour over devices, a high end espresso machine on the way and a high end companion grinder, and am really far down the rabbit hole of different origins/tasting notes.

The Raiders are one of my true passions in life outside of golf and the other things listed. There is nothing more important to me on game day than watching them play. I can't describe the passion I feel towards seeing them successful. Let's just say there have been moments I can remember that have effected me personally more than a lot of experiences in my life. It's such a powerful game. We are finally back baby! Man does it feel good.

Ahhh!  Coffee.  I never drank coffee until I was 40 years old when I had to travel several time zones, get up the next morning at 6am, and conduct interviews starting at 8am.  I started having coffee for breakfast, then while working, and even at dinner.  I finally realized that I couldn't get the amount of sleep I needed, so I would only drink two cups in the morning.  THEN, I started going to Russia.  Their coffee is more like espresso, and I liked it.  I found that I liked coffee better when it is freshly ground, so I bought a Grind 'n Brew coffee maker about 10 years ago.  It has been having "issues" for the past year, so I finally splurged and bought a Technivorm Moccamaster coffee maker and burr grinder.  Wow!  Now anything else seems like flavored water.

Now you get to go watch your Raiders play in Vegas. You can visit Jmikecpa. Upgrade!

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Ahhh!  Coffee.  I never drank coffee until I was 40 years old when I had to travel several time zones, get up the next morning at 6am, and conduct interviews starting at 8am.  I started having coffee for breakfast, then while working, and even at dinner.  I finally realized that I couldn't get the amount of sleep I needed, so I would only drink two cups in the morning.  THEN, I started going to Russia.  Their coffee is more like espresso, and I liked it.  I found that I liked coffee better when it is freshly ground, so I bought a Grind 'n Brew coffee maker about 10 years ago.  It has been having "issues" for the past year, so I finally splurged and bought a Technivorm Moccamaster coffee maker and burr grinder.  Wow!  Now anything else seems like flavored water.

Oh Kenny... Be careful my friend. The coffee world is similar to the golf world. Instead of always chasing 10 more yards you chase a more consistent grind. A better ratio, extraction, etc. It never ends!

I love it though. It's like a chemistry experiment I get to control every morning, and one I get to judge my own performance on. It really is rewarding simply from the ritual alone.

If only the damn business was profitable... Haha.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Now you get to go watch your Raiders play in Vegas. You can visit Jmikecpa. Upgrade!

Very excited about this! It sucks for Oakland in the end, and if I had grown up with them in my back yard or something I would feel slighted, but them moving is on the city/county not on the organization. You can only play in a dumpster for so long. You know? It sucks so much for the city though to deal with a decade of terrible teams, to finally have an insanely bright future and yet watch the team walk off into the sunset. I expect Raider Nation to stay together though. We have a way of doing that. It'll be so rewarding to see this team play in a new place. Man do they deserve one.

• Like 1

Jones Utility Golf Bag.