TESTERS WANTED! ×

120+MPH Swing Speed (Driver shaft recommendations)

I do not claim to be an equipment guru, so i need a little help. 

Here are the shafts iv researched but open to suggestions.

Hzrdus Black 6.5 75g

Tour AD GP 7x

Kuro Cage Dual Core XT

Tensei White Pro TX

Matrix Black Tie 70m4

Iv hit the Hzrdus, have yet to hit the others... Supposedly one of the fitters in the area is supposed to have access to "all" Mitsubishi shafts at the beginning of Feb. So hopefully hell have the dual core and tensei. 

Reference 

917d3 w/ Diamana 70x (first several shots were with 3w)

917d3%20and%20917f3_zpssv4ycp4m.jpeg

Black tie in the M1 head

M1%20Black%20Tie%2070m4_zpsyo6faav5.jpg

Epic SZ w/ 70x whiteboard

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPJHoKfB2o_/?taken-by=wphelps

Last few years my miss has been a snap hook, but i feel like we can attribute that to the shaft. i was playing the Oban Devotion XX. 

The biggest thing for me is finding something i can play with that is consistent from a loading standpoint whether im swinging at 75% or 95%. The most stable shaft iv hit thus far has been the Black Tie, surprisingly. 

Suggestions welcome. 

Goal:

Low launch, low spin

11-13*/1800-2100rpm

Driver: 917D3 with Whiteboard 70x & Epic SZ (shaft testing)---Need help
Fairway Wood: 917F3 with 80X Whiteboard, Testing Epic SZ 3w as well (shaft testing)---Need help

Hybrid: Titleist H2 19* w/ Whiteboard 90x

Irons: Miura/Steel Fiber 110

Wedges: Titleist SM5 56, SM6 52

Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Ball: ProV1x/Callaway Chrome

Veylix has a left proof shaft. I believe it's the arcane. Try that.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

To my mind, the better results seem to come from using a slightly heavier shaft looking at the numbers. 

This will definitely help with consistency from a loading standpoint and tempo.

Notice the big difference between the Whiteboard and the Black Tie in terms of ballflight - the Diamana gives a lot higher launch and a steep descent angle, robbing you of overall distance  - but the dispersion is good.

The Black Tie on the other hand gives a good lower trajectory and good down range descent angle giving good carry and roll - but the right dispersion let lets it down, suggesting that the weight is good but the profile is slightly too stiff. Maybe try the Whiteboard in heavier weight therefore?

The TourAD GP will only increase launch and spin at the 7X spec - Hzdus would be better. Not much experience of the Tensei or the Kuro Cage dual core, but the specs look slightly softer overall than the Diamana. 

My first option would be get fitted for shaft weight first to see what makes you most comfortable swinging, then make a choice from then. My hunch says D+ Limited 80x and a bit of fine tuning with the M1 loft and weight.

Get back to us with the results.

You have already named most of the stuff I would point you in the direction of. I'm a big fan of my 80x Ahina which is a similar profile to the whiteboard. Just another weight class up. 

Oban Kiyoshi Black 75 is in that same class as well. Speeder 7.2 TS is nice.

I'll probably think of some more soon enough.

Also a fitter may pop in and suggest something but it seems to me like you may be eyeing a little too low of spin. I think most of "attainable" ideal numbers are in the 12-14* launch range with 2200-2400 spin rates. At least if you want something you can keep in the fairway. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

duplicate...

Also above poster is a fitter  :rolleyes:

great numbers Im amazed at how far Bryson Desanbeau (spelling) hit his tee ball being single plane. Im a single plane guy and Im 6'5" 220 and only hit it 250ish but in play 85-90% of the time.

homer kelly golfing machine force leverage etc physics equation is all it is - Love this game!!

Bags

Try rogue silver 125 as well. I would agree to stay with the heavy weight on the shaft. You're probably looking at tipping a lot of these an 1" as well depending on how firm you want the tip to feel.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

You have already named most of the stuff I would point you in the direction of. I'm a big fan of my 80x Ahina which is a similar profile to the whiteboard. Just another weight class up. 

Oban Kiyoshi Black 75 is in that same class as well. Speeder 7.2 TS is nice.

I'll probably think of some more soon enough.

Also a fitter may pop in and suggest something but it seems to me like you may be eyeing a little too low of spin. I think most of "attainable" ideal numbers are in the 12-14* launch range with 2200-2400 spin rates. At least if you want something you can keep in the fairway. 

+1 for the Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2 tour spec. I was told by OBAN and their fitter i worked with that the equivalent would be a Kiyoshi Black 65 05 with the weight being 72g and the 75 being 83g.

I am using a Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70x, but it is tipped 1" only because it was free from TMAG vs the Speeder 7.2

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

To my mind, the better results seem to come from using a slightly heavier shaft looking at the numbers. 

This will definitely help with consistency from a loading standpoint and tempo.

Notice the big difference between the Whiteboard and the Black Tie in terms of ballflight - the Diamana gives a lot higher launch and a steep descent angle, robbing you of overall distance  - but the dispersion is good.

The Black Tie on the other hand gives a good lower trajectory and good down range descent angle giving good carry and roll - but the right dispersion let lets it down, suggesting that the weight is good but the profile is slightly too stiff. Maybe try the Whiteboard in heavier weight therefore?

The TourAD GP will only increase launch and spin at the 7X spec - Hzdus would be better. Not much experience of the Tensei or the Kuro Cage dual core, but the specs look slightly softer overall than the Diamana. 

My first option would be get fitted for shaft weight first to see what makes you most comfortable swinging, then make a choice from then. My hunch says D+ Limited 80x and a bit of fine tuning with the M1 loft and weight.

Get back to us with the results.

Agreed on right dispersion with the m1, we were adjusting the weights as we went. The last several swings were the final result (weight back, neutral on the fade/draw)

Tour AD hard to find but will be going to golf galaxy and hitting an employees 6s GP, just to get an idea on feel. 

Everything that iv read, it seems like the Tensei may be the best bet. Ill look around for 80x in a diamana  

Fairway Wood: 917F3 with 80X Whiteboard, Testing Epic SZ 3w as well (shaft testing)---Need help

Try rogue silver 125 as well. I would agree to stay with the heavy weight on the shaft. You're probably looking at tipping a lot of these an 1" as well depending on how firm you want the tip to feel.

What exactly does tipping mean? pardon my ignorance lol What does that entail and what does it actually do?

What exactly does tipping mean? pardon my ignorance lol What does that entail and what does it actually do?

Tipping makes the bottom of the club more stable. Guys that have a lot of speed obviously flex the shaft more. It makes the staff play stiffer overall without changing the shaft weight. Just to give you an idea, I swing between 115-121 and I have a Rogue Silver 70X tipped an inch. Here's a quick explanation and a couple of examples from Fujikura http://www.fujikuragolf.com/tip-trimming-suggestions/

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Tipping makes the bottom of the club more stable. Guys that have a lot of speed obviously flex the shaft more. It makes the staff play stiffer overall without changing the shaft weight. Just to give you an idea, I swing between 115-121 and I have a Rogue Silver 70X tipped an inch. Here's a quick explanation and a couple of examples from Fujikura http://www.fujikuragolf.com/tip-trimming-suggestions/

Makes sense

Well, it's not that simple actually. I've posted this topic to help explain why.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18091-setting-the-record-straight-on-tipping/

Hit the Tour AD GP today. Crossing off list, too spinny

Hit the Tour AD GP today. Crossing off list, too spinny

All the tour AD models have spun too much for me. At least all that I've tried.

I have a guy that has the hook up on tour issue Tensei White/orange and KKDC XT...but is going to cost some $$$$$ 

I have a guy that has the hook up on tour issue Tensei White/orange and KKDC XT...but is going to cost some $$$$$

That's a bad "hook up"

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

That's a bad "hook up"

Not the best but better than nothing i suppose. It will counter balance the two actual hook ups i do have lol

• 2 weeks later...

ACCRA  FX470 the TZx line 400 series.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Try to Aldila Rogue 125MSI 75 TX i/o and then thank me later. We have near identical swing speed and ball speed and this shaft has been amazing for me. You can get "blemished" shafts on ebay fromI guy named ShirtDaddy I believe. He works for Aldila and sells their paint blemished shafts.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Try to Aldila Rogue 125MSI 75 TX i/o and then thank me later. We have near identical swing speed and ball speed and this shaft has been amazing for me. You can get "blemished" shafts on ebay fromI guy named ShirtDaddy I believe. He works for Aldila and sells their paint blemished shafts.

+1 here.

Not sure how this one slipped my mind.

Archived