Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Who else's new years resolution was a diet?

Zeasy

I picked up 20lbs over the last 6 months as relationship comfort made me soft, lazy and a little too gluttonous. Started a diet on January 1st and am down 11 lbs so far. Goal is 185! Anyone else dieting for a new years resolution? 

What I've given up:

bread

starches

cheese

sugar

coke

cake

chips

What I've gained:

______

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Started mine as well. Hope to drop bout 10 pounds a month until June or so then I'll reevaluate

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• SPY VIP

I'm back on the healthy eating plan as of Jan 1. I'd gained 6 pounds (171 now) since starting my new job in November. So the goal is to get down to 160lbs for golf season.

Food wise I've cut out pretty much everything you have. I drop breads, pastas and junk foods etc. Coffee with cream and sugar is my vice that I don't give up.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I'm back on the healthy eating plan as of Jan 1. I'd gained 6 pounds (171 now) since starting my new job in November. So the goal is to get down to 160lbs for golf season.

Food wise I've cut out pretty much everything you have. I drop breads, pastas and junk foods etc. Coffee with cream and sugar is my vice that I don't give up.

Get in the gym and get rid of them pipe cleaner arms lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I picked up 20lbs over the last 6 months as relationship comfort made me soft, lazy and a little too gluttonous. Started a diet on January 1st and am down 11 lbs so far. Goal is 185! Anyone else dieting for a new years resolution?

What I've given up:

bread

starches

cheese

sugar

coke

cake

chips

What I've gained:

______

so everything good then?

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

so everything good then?

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

Pretty much. My GF is keeping me motivated. The prize at the end of the tunnel is a week long cruise with unlimited drinks. Last year I almost fell off the boat and I was keeping myself reserved. This September I'm going hard.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I dreamed about an 18" Lenny's Sub with a bag of sour cream and onion chips the other night. I cried a little when I woke up. I've probably cut my caloric intake by 1200 calories. 😧

My only "cheat" food is deviled eggs.

Picked us some swing speed, though.

Started the trial pack from Herbalife this week, today is the last day of the trial, I will see tomorrow morning how it worked for me. If it worked well, I will start with 1 month and see how it works from there, I will only weigh myself once a week or once every 2 weeks. My starting weight was 264. I am lookin to lose 30-35 lbs.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Not a diet per say, but more of an intense gym workout. Now I can really beat up those misbehaving clubs, ;)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Started a lifestyle change in May of 2016.

Switched to a Paleo lifestyle (Wild Diet) and have followed it intensely since I started. Had two breads for a week each for vacations, and the cheat meal every Saturday. But it's become a lifestyle. I've lost 80 pounds so far and as of this morning am officially under 200 pounds for the first time in what has to be at least 10 years. Good for everyone who made these choices! I wish everyone the best of luck!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I'm down 13.5 lbs!

Good for both you guys! Let's keep it going!

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Good to see I am not alone. I've been finishing up school and moving to a new town and found 20lbs followed me.

I've switched to carb cycling and that's helped in the past. Currently at 211 but 185-190 is my "I feel great" weight.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Started a lifestyle change in May of 2016.

Switched to a Paleo lifestyle (Wild Diet) and have followed it intensely since I started. Had two breads for a week each for vacations, and the cheat meal every Saturday. But it's become a lifestyle. I've lost 80 pounds so far and as of this morning am officially under 200 pounds for the first time in what has to be at least 10 years. Good for everyone who made these choices! I wish everyone the best of luck!

That's awesome Shawn! I do something similar to the paleo diet, foods that I am suppose to avoid are so hard to get off the first 14 days.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I've been into the fitbit for tracking steps for about a year now and have found it helps. I also log food and any other exercise on myfitnesspal.

I had a blowout over the holidays but am slowly working the weight gain off. My wife is joining Weight Watchers this week, so we'll be able to support each other in the eating department.

I want to try and lose about 30lbs by the end of the year, which I think is doable.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have been altering my diet for the last six months. All my travel makes it tough but at least I am feeling better than I have in a long time.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Fireinthehole, thanks man! 

I appreciate the kind words tremendously. Making this change has been the single largest initiative I've ever made in my life, and also the most impactful. You're 100% correct that the first 14-21 days are the hardest to get through, but once you do that and see your progress it's game over. For me it was anyway. At this point, there's no way I'm stopping.

To everyone else, great job on those life decisions. It's not easy to stick to something especially if it goes against the norm. Just stick with it!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

What I've given up:

bread

starches

cheese

sugar

coke

cake

chips

What I've gained:

______

good work man Im 7 over 221 at 6'5" 215 I feel my best

Bags

My main resolution was to jog 700 miles this year. Not counting treadmill. I'm at 36 miles so far. I've dropped 5 lbs already

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Wish I could jog again, josmi15. I have overstretched ligaments on my left ankle and have to wear a brace when golfing. I try to not wear it at home but must sometimes. My wife walks twice a day around our neighborhood and I would like to join her. They want surgery but I w/b off my left foot for 4 months. So, I guess I'll stick to eating less. Need to lose 30 lbs.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Wish I could jog again, josmi15. I have overstretched ligaments on my left ankle and have to wear a brace when golfing. I try to not wear it at home but must sometimes. My wife walks twice a day around our neighborhood and I would like to join her. They want surgery but I w/b off my left foot for 4 months. So, I guess I'll stick to eating less. Need to lose 30 lbs.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

sorry to hear that you'll have to eat less!!!

Seriously, sorry to hear about you having to wear a brace

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Down 16 lbs as of this morning

Mine was to try and use all of my vacation days this year. I had 2 weeks left over last year. That's missing out on a potential of 10 mid-week golf rounds. :(

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Mine was to try and use all of my vacation days this year. I had 2 weeks left over last year. That's missing out on a potential of 10 mid-week golf rounds. :(

You need to take a golf trip!  When I was still working I could only carry over 240 hours into the new year.  In order to do that I had to schedule a trip or two away from home because if I planned on taking only a day or two here and there, it never happened.  Now that I have retired, I still do it even though I don't have to anymore.  Nice just to get away once in awhile.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You need to take a golf trip! When I was still working I could only carry over 240 hours into the new year. In order to do that I had to schedule a trip or two away from home because if I planned on taking only a day or two here and there, it never happened. Now that I have retired, I still do it even though I don't have to anymore. Nice just to get away once in awhile.

For sure. One on these years I want to go down and do the Bandon courses.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Archived