GolfSpy Barbajo

New Tour Ball From Wilson Staff

Our Sponsors

Wilson Staff is announcing a new tour level ball today: a re-introduction of the FG Tour Urethane - a 4-layer ball with a soft, cast urethane cover.

Barnes will be playing the FG Tour ball this weekend.

The new FG Tour Urethane lists for $44.99/dozen - Wilson doesn't have a formal release as of yet as this is a "soft launch' (get it??) for green grass accounts. It is available on their website though

• Like 3

The original FG Tour ball was one of my favorites. Scored some of my best sounds with it. Killer with the wedges (in a good way)

• Like 2

I still have some older model FG Tour's and they are very good balls. I bought mine at a close out (super cheap) at Academy couple of years ago. I actually played one a week or two ago. However, at $44+ for a doz I'm out.

• Like 1

I still have some older model FG Tour's and they are very good balls. I bought mine at a close out (super cheap) at Academy couple of years ago. I actually played one a week or two ago. However, at $44+ for a doz I'm out.

I'll let Wilson know. They'll be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I probably shouldn't do this, but what the hell.

Costco's Ksig 4-piece tour level urethane ball is gone, and Wilson announces a new tour level 4-piece urethane ball.  Huh!  Never made the connection.   :D

• Like 8

Looking forward to giving these a round or two.

Very interested in getting some in hand.  Heard from  the rep last fall, that this would be a ball you definitely want to try, and he's not one always prone to hyperbole.   Maybe I can score a dozen or so from him next week!!

I probably shouldn't do this, but what the hell.

Costco's Ksig 4-piece tour level urethane ball is gone, and Wilson announces a new tour level 4-piece urethane ball.  Huh!  Never made the connection.   :D

I was thinking the same thing when I read this a few minutes ago. You beat me to it though--- It is funny how old SMART minds think alike.

Now it this thing goes like the K-Sig 4 piece ball does I may have to change my ways and pay $44 a dozen for them no joke and adapt to them. See my post on the Kirkland Ball thread I posted a few minutes ago

• Like 2

Can't wait to try these! I loved the original FG Tour.

• Like 1

I will try some as I've always been a fan of the FG tour ball (actually liked the original best).

Will try a sleeve of these but the market is moving with Costco and companies like Snell and Vice putting out good urethane balls at a much lower price point.

Sent from my SM-G935T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wonder how these would compare head to head with the duo urethane that run at $38. Looks like the difference is that the duo U are 3-piece.

I'm really looking forward to trying this one out. I love the feel and length of the original but I simply could not spin them enough on the short irons and wedges. I always saw at least 6-10 feet of rollout.

Wonder how these would compare head to head with the duo urethane that run at $38. Looks like the difference is that the duo U are 3-piece.

The Duo-U is 55 compression.  Tour level balls are higher compression; the old FG Tour was 75 I think, so I would expect this new tour urethane to be 70-75 compression.

• Like 1

Anyone do any testing with these FG Tour balls?

Anyone do any testing with these FG Tour balls?

I've got 5 dozen ready to go, but I haven't been able to get out yet. The short game spin is what I'm interested in with these. The previous FG Tour was great in every category except spin. I couldn't get a full 60 wedge to not roll out.

Bought a couple doz of these a couple weeks ago.

Lower launching, and soft around the greens, staying in the bag for the rest of 2018.

Bought a couple doz of these a couple weeks ago.

Lower launching, and soft around the greens, staying in the bag for the rest of 2018.

Thanks for the input. I'll stick with what I have

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks for the input. I'll stick with what I have

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

What ball are you gaming?