TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bridgestone Launches New Ball: The Extra Soft

Successful hills are here to stay 
Everything must be this way 
Gentle streets where people play 
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Seems as though every ball company out there has been grooving to The Doors, as another member joins the "Soft Parade."  This came in today from  Bridgestone...

Bridgestone Golf Introduces Extra Soft Golf Ball Line

Company Dares Golfers to be Better by Maximizing Distance with Excellent Feeling New Model

(COVINGTON, GA) â€“ Bridgestone Golf â€“ Innovator and manufacturer of premium golf balls, clubs and accessories  â€“  today unveils the new Extra Soft golf ball series, available now at select retailers nationwide and bridgestonegolf.com.

The Extra Soft ($21.99) provides maximum length on all shots for mid-to-high handicappers, without the harsh feel and feedback associated with many balls engineered to improve distance. An enhanced core design creates additional forgiveness off the tee, helping players consistently achieve longer, straighter drives. Extra Soft models will be offered in white, yellow and pink colors.

BSG Extra Soft White.jpg

“After more than a decade of performing golf ball fittings for players of all skill levels, we've learned that golfers have different needs, preferences and budgets,” says Adam Rehberg, Golf Ball Marketing. “With Extra Soft we've developed a ball that feels amazing, but doesn't sacrifice the distance or accuracy that is often seen as a drawback to playing a softer ball.”

Separating Bridgestone from all other ball manufacturers is the company's unique and proven approach to new product development. It introduced a proprietary Ball Fitting system in 2007 and uses the data gathered to drive research and development. This real-world understanding of player needs was a catalyst in the creation of the company's most popular offerings, including the recently launched e6 SOFT and e6 SPEED series ($28.99 per dozen), as well as many more.

BSG Extra Soft Yellow Full.jpg

In addition to the new Extra Soft, Bridgestone Golf designs a diverse portfolio of golf balls to meet the needs of all player performance characteristics, including the B330, B330S, B330RX, B330RXS, e6 SOFT, e6 SPEED, Powerdrive, Laddie Extreme, and Lady. More information on the company's ball, club and accessories offerings are available at www.bridgestonegolf.com.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Wilson Staff -   "We own soft."

Extra soft...  compared to what?

What's the compression?

Not much information on the website:  extra soft core, extra soft cover.  Does it give you extra shots too?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

waiting for the new e6 to come out as well, these are at a little cheaper price point

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I used to like the e5 ball. Played them off and on for a few years. They were the only E series ball with a urethane cover. I looked a few minutes ago on the Bridgestone site and they don't list them anywhere. Only the e6. Guess they dropped the e7 also.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Guess they dropped the e7 also.

I was a fan of the e7. Hope to snatch up a few boxes on clearance in the near future. 

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Kenny is quite the sleuth. Is Bridgestone attempting to pull some wool?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Wonder if that is the replacement for the Treo Soft which was a darn good ball? 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

WAIT A MINUTE!  WAIT A MINUTE!

I seem to remember....  October 2015

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/14656-bridgestones-new-ball-the-extra-soft

This ball is not new!!  New box though.

You would be correct darn near same wording and price too! good catch Kenny

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Wonder if that is the replacement for the Treo Soft which was a darn good ball?

Great ball for the money

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Wilson Staff - "We own soft."

Extra soft... compared to what?

What's the compression?

Not much information on the website: extra soft core, extra soft cover. Does it give you extra shots too?

Tried a few of the recent 'soft' balls... they still have that plastic clicky sound. Even if the compression is under 90, still doesnt compare to what a balata was for feel, even at 100 compression,,, that has to have something to do w the sound.

Bring back a balata, and il play it. Maybe even try a balata hybrid, like the modern 4 piece just wrap it in balata... id like to try that ball.

Tried a few of the recent 'soft' balls... they still have that plastic clicky sound. Even if the compression is under 90, still doesnt compare to what a balata was for feel, even at 100 compression,,, that has to have something to do w the sound.

Bring back a balata, and il play it. Maybe even try a balata hybrid, like the modern 4 piece just wrap it in balata... id like to try that ball.

I say bring back the Maxfli HT-100 Balata and yes you are absolutely correct nothing feels like a wound balata ball

G

Can a company say "SOFT" in another way?

Look at these two companies current offers. How can a sane golfer know what is best for them ?

My goodness my head spins.............

I am sure there is a market for each and every one of the balls otherwise they are dropped from distribution and manufacturing.

I cannot imagine there is much more you can invent and put into a ball especially with the USGA restrictions such as Golf Ball Initial Velocity and Golf Ball Overall Distance Standards.

Everything that is old is new again (Credit to Peter Allen)

Bridgestone
Tour B330
Tour B330S
Tour B330RX
Tour B330RXS
E6 Soft
E6 Speed
Extra Soft - new offering
Laddie Extreme
Powerdrive
Lady Precept

Callaway