Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Club of the Year.

Sschaffer24

Hey guys!

Watching a video from Buzza Golf today gave me an interesting idea. It's his 2016 Club of the Year.

The key is, he isn't choosing a club that isn't in his bag.

So let's confine it.

What's your club of the year from 2016 that is/was in the bag? What makes it that for you?

What are your contenders?

My club of the year bar none is my Edel Willamette putter. This thing is just so rock solid and saves me time and time again when I'm on the course.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

My Wilson Staff PMP wedges, love the feel, and feel like I'm trying to 'score' when I'm inside 100yds now (never used premium wedges before, always just what came w/ the stock set)

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I don't have anything in my current bag newer than 2005!

Doesn't have to have been released in 2016! What is YOUR club for the season? There has to be a top dog out of the bag...

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

It'll be interesting to see what percentage of people answer this question with a short game weapon. Especially with how feel based this game is from inside 100 yards... Maybe that's a sign we are overthinking a little bit?

Jlukes, what loft on the M2 wood?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

It'll be interesting to see what percentage of people answer this question with a short game weapon. Especially with how feel based this game is from inside 100 yards... Maybe that's a sign we are overthinking a little bit?

Jlukes, what loft on the M2 wood?

15 which is incredible for me. Since 2013 I've been gaming my fairway wood at no lower than 16 degrees to increase launch/carry. I tried the 16.5 hl M2 and actually launched it too high. I was able to get the 15* which just gives me stupid distance (about 255 carry off the tee and around 245 carry off the deck) and a beautiful high launch

That's fantastic man! Isn't it beautiful when we find something that works for us?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

SLDR :)

Tried all kinds of other drivers and after I came back to this it was like hitting the Staples Easy button off the tee.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Oh man it would have to be a toss up between the 915 driver or the Adams fairways and that old TM rescue I learned to hit with a few mods of course. Darn those 2013 Cally X Forged irons aint bad either. I made more wholesale changes to my bag in 2016 than I ever have in 1 year since I have been playing darn near 50 years. Of course my old beloved 588s are still in and I added back an old friend with the Vokey 252 gap wedge

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

#1: tour edge exotics XCG6, 15* 3-wood. Easily beats every club in the bag.

#2: Callaway MD3 wedges are the second. Not so much for the full shots, but more for when I miss on the full shots and need to get up and down. I chip and pitch the ball extremely well with many different wedges, so I had to show some love for them.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

No new clubs for me in the bag, unless you count the bag, lol. New sun mountain four 5. Replaced an ogio exo bag. Now this year, I'm thinking of replacing pretty much everything in the bag...

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Can't wait to see the report of SLDR vs. Epic. You should vlog that Meyer!

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

SLDR :)

Tried all kinds of other drivers and after I came back to this it was like hitting the Staples Easy button off the tee.

Ditto

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Mine will be a repeat winner, the Cleveland wedges!

They just ooze awesomeness around the greens.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

For me the best club of the year is the TaylorMade ATV 60* with 7* bounce, lob wedge.

It is my sand wedge that has saved me so many shots out of the bunker for par or out of the fringe it is not funny.

From the fairway I hit it 85-90 yards and with my swing and a Pro V-1 it sticks on the green.

Made 2 birdies today using it.

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

So far, it's wedges or fairway woods most of you guys are choosing. I went with the flat stick.

Why do you guys think our choices are such? Is it a representation of what we are strong in and the club's that reinforce that? Or the opposite?

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I have to say, without any doubt, my JPX-EZ 3 wood. I just love this club, absolutely rock solid off the deck and loooong.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Not sure...my bag got a complete makeover last year. Cobra Bio Cell was replaced by Cobra King Ltd then by Powerbilt AFO DFX. Cobra fairway & hybrids replaced by Bombtech 3W and 4H. Cobra Bio Cell irons, replaced by Cobra F6 irons and SCOR wedges replaced by Cobra F6 Wedges. Then, to top it off, my Bellum-Winmore putter was replaced by the Guerin EVNRoll E6.

A lot to consider for Club of the Year....so I'll have to say it's the EVnRoll E6 putter.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Wow Foz! A lot of changes for you!

Why the Evnroll over everything else?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

For me it is easy, my putter.  Bought it on a Friday and it paid for itself over 36 holes on the weekend.  The return on it is better than anything that I could hope for in the stock market.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

For me it is easy, my putter.  Bought it on a Friday and it paid for itself over 36 holes on the weekend.  The return on it is better than anything that I could hope for in the stock market.

Hahaha. Now that's a great perspective.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Wow Foz! A lot of changes for you!

Why the Evnroll over everything else?

I guess because I use it on every hole and I have improved from putting in the mid 30's to 29-31 per round.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

That's huge/awesome improvement man!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Archived