Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Club of the Year.

Sschaffer24

As much as I want to say my irons. I think I got the most out of my Nike Vapor driver. My best rounds come from good position off the tee. It's not the longest driver on the market but I can control it and that's the important part for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

For me the go to club was my Ping Anser 3w set at 14*. I did put a new shaft in it this year and it is a wonderful combination. Speeder 757 tipped and inch in x flex does wonders. I did end up getting a full new bag near the end of the season and there is a contender for next years club in that bag and its the Wilson V4 2 utility iron. I wish my putter was the star of the show I have greatly improved since getting the Edel E2 but I'm still not the most consistent on the putting surface. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

So far, it's wedges or fairway woods most of you guys are choosing. I went with the flat stick.

Why do you guys think our choices are such? Is it a representation of what we are strong in and the club's that reinforce that? Or the opposite?

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

... I think one of the few clubs that make very little difference technically is the putter. As long as you have the right type of putter for your technique it is really about confidence. I hit the middle of my putter with regularity so something like the Evnroll isn't an improvement for me, especially since there isn't a heel shafted model for my gate stroke. I see and hear many players lose confidence in a putter and once that happens it is difficult to get it back, especially if you are a habitual putter changer. 

... I still use an ancient designed 8802 style putter, a Bobby Grace 6330 that does use a roll technology insert that seems to make a small difference on muni greens but not hard and fast greens. It is simply a personal preference and as stated earlier, I have full confidence in that style. I have shot even par blading my 60* for an entire round when my son borrowed my putter and forgot to put it back in my bag. I still do that occasionally when greens are being fertilized or for a practice round which makes blading my 60* from the collar of just in the deep rough something I am used to doing. 

... Don't get me wrong, if you think a new putter is an improvement for you, it probably is. But more because you have a new found confidence, not because it is technically better for your stroke. Unless of course you are just a bad putter with inconsistent contact, and then something like the Evnroll may indeed be a technical upgrade. Otoh, technical advancements in woods (more so than irons) is something we can appreciate almost immediately if your current club is not taking advantage of the advances made like slot technology or a deeper and lower cg that still produces mid to low spin. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

As long as you have the right type of putter for your technique it is really about confidence.

This is spot on in my opinion. I keep reading about people that judge putters by looks and say it will give them confidence. I understand the it makes me happy approach but if you want to improve your putting find the right configuration that works for your stroke. Then you can find the look you like and apply technologies that will help you on Miss hits.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It came really late in the year but since it was delivered in 2016, I'm picking the Sentio Sierra Putter I was selected to test for MGS. I can't believe how much I enjoy using this thing and the confidence I have with it. I feel like I got really lucky to test something that fits me so well. I would have never even of looked at this putter if it wasn't for MGS. Hopefully next year I'll be saying it was the Callaway EPIC SZ driver I used for almost the entire year.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Mine would have to be my MLA Tour Classic Putter, I love this thing and it is the club I have the most confidence with on course.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

RTX-3 Wedges..

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

My club if the year would have to be my TM R1 driver. Hitting 67% of the fairways and when I miss I am still not in much trouble. Of course replacing it is on the top of my list. Will be spending time evaluating other clubs to see if it can be replaced.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

For the second year in-a-row, my X2 Hot Pro 20* hybrid. No other club in my bag performs like this one, and no other club is as dependable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Archived