Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Searching for a new putter

clarkie3333

I am a 3 handicap and I did just spend my own money on a new putter.  Got an Evnroll ER5.

A great place to start looking would be the last few Most Wanted Putter tests.

https://www.mygolfspy.com/category/golfs-most-wanted/

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

You've just been given $400 for Xmas and you need a new putter. And your a 3 handicap. Which putter do you choose?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've tried the new Ping Answer 2 and I'm in love. I do want to try the EvnRoll as well. Same sort of technology in the face I believe.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Can't reccomend an Edel fitting enough

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

If you can, have a look at MLA. EVNROLLs sound really good too.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I would try the Directed Force. I played out at Whisper Rock before moving to Texas and saw it in the bag of a few pros. Feedback was pretty solid. Bob Tway cleaned up with his. Apparently Goosen is using it now, McCord had one, and there were at least 3 more guys out there with it in the bag. I was a bit shocked.

**edited to clarify, I did not play there regularly, I was an invited guest 1 time.**

I have been taking part in the 2017 putter tests and my advice is to try everything you can get your hands on. Every putter has a different feel and you might surprise yourself with what you like or don't like. I have learned a lot about what I like regarding looks; however that doesn't translate to performance.

Also from what I have learned from my putting instructor is that you need to find the putter that fits your stroke which is more than a straight, slight arc, and strong arc designation.

When trying the putters find the one that consistently starts the ball on your intended line.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

You can do some things on your own. The best drill/test you can do is to put a dime on the floor about 16"

In front of a ball and see if you can roll the ball over the dime. Use shirt and long strokes the one that you roll over the center of the dime most consistently is the best fit for your stroke

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

You can do some things on your own. The best drill/test you can do is to put a dime on the floor about 16"

In front of a ball and see if you can roll the ball over the dime. Use shirt and long strokes the one that you roll over the center of the dime most consistently is the best fit for your stroke

This is great advice. I'll try my putters out on this.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

This is great advice. I'll try my putters out on this.

I will tell you that with the wrong putter or when your stroke isn't working it can be frustrating. You should see trends then you can work to resolve any issues

It is my go to practice drill. I just putt about 100 balls over the dime at home. No need for a hole since I am just working on starting the ball on line

Archived