Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Evnroll vs Edel

Jiro

Let's start a friendly debate. I've been reading a lot of good things on this site about Evnroll and Edel putters. Both seem to emphasize custom fitting and both have some good looking putters in their lines. So for those of you that have tried them or own one, which do you prefer and why?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I need to go try an evnroll. Reviews have been outstanding

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I've toyed with Evnroll putters at the local PGA SuperStore, but haven't really looked at them seriously -- that may have to change. 

Love my Edel - unless something changes you'll have to pry it  out of my cold, dead hands - hopefully not anytime soon.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I've toyed with Evnroll putters at the local PGA SuperStore, but haven't really looked at them seriously -- that may have to change.

Love my Edel - unless something changes you'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands - hopefully not anytime soon.

Why'd you go Williamette over Torqu balanced?

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Short answer is I putt better with it. I have one of each and will pull out the Tourque Balance if I feel like I'm in a bit of a slump - but the Willamette just feels more balanced and I really like the weight.  They put two alignment lines on the Willamette - about the width of the ball - and I believe that helps my aim better than the single line on the Tourque Balance.

That said I can't say I've given the Tourque Balance a really fair, long term shot.  

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Short answer is I putt better with it. I have one of each and will pull out the Tourque Balance if I feel like I'm in a bit of a slump - but the Willamette just feels more balanced and I really like the weight.  They put two alignment lines on the Willamette - about the width of the ball - and I believe that helps my aim better than the single line on the Tourque Balance.

That said I can't say I've given the Tourque Balance a really fair, long term shot.  

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I have tried evnroll, non fitted Edel, and for the person that asked also MLA.

For me some worked better than others. I don't know the evnroll fitting process but most seem to be face balanced so fitting would be more about looks in my mind. Edel fits for aim. MlLA doesn't fit but are also face balance except for their newest which allows for weights to be changed to fit for stroke type. MLA is about better alignment.

What I have learned about putting is to basically fit for impact to ensure the ball starts in line and to focus on consistent setup.

If you have a theoretically perfect putting stroke the arc is equal on both sides of the ball and I need a putter that stays perpendicular to the putting arc. Most strokes are biased either left or right and require that the putter is open or closed to the putting path at impact to account for the bias.

Ultimately you want a putter that will enable you to roll the ball on your intended line. I think edel and MLA try to get you the consistent setup either through fitting or their alignment system. Evnroll is about consistent roll even on off enter hits.

For me I would still have to evaluate which putter model let me setup consistently and stays open at impact to accommodate my left bias. For me face balanced putters have a tendency to miss right.

Since edel has the most options for configuring the putter it probably has the best chance. I would put evnroll next. MLA would be last because their alignment system just doesn't work for me; instead I'd drawing the eyes to the focal spot it drew them away.

Just my $0.02 on the topic

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Very nicely said, cnosil. I have not tried the Edsel or MLA so can't speak for them, but your logic is spot on! I have been a mallet guy mostly, so I have spent most of my putting time on using a SBST putting stroke. If the greens are well kept, you really don't need to have more than a 6" backswing, at most. So you can adjust your bias to SBST with a pendulum type stroke. I was a slight arc but am adjusting.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanks for the compliment. Putting is more complex than people believe. Lots of theories and opinions and facts. Each of us has a level we want to know. Some don't want details while others like myself want to understand the logic and details.

I don't believe believe there is such a thing as a SBST stroke. Just the appearance that it is that way. While I can change my mechanics and setup to eliminate the bias it would alter other things that I am net willing to change. My choice and I emphasize choice is to fit a putter to my stroke. I think that is a better approach than adjusting mechanics to fit a putter.

I know this response is slightly off topic but the bottom lines is that there is a putter that mechanically works for your stroke whether it is edel, evnroll, MLA, ping, Cameron, etc and it is up to the individual to figure out how which putter it is. The key factor is from setup how much rotation is needed to return the putter to the correct impact position

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 1 month later...

The customer service for Evnroll is very disappointing!  I purchased an ER6 from their website after reading a number of favorable reviews.  Their website provided no choices as to weight, grip type, etc., only for length.  When I received the putter is was too heavy at 385 grams.  After multiple attempts to contact them I finally heard back that they have different weights for the putter head.  I requested a 355 gram weight.  Multiple attempts later I finally was told that they mailed me a new weight for the putter.  Ten days later and no weight.  I am returning the putter back to the company.  It's too bad that a company with apparently superior technology cannot execute on basic customer service.  Perhaps Guerin Rife should sell the technology to a company that can execute on it properly.

I've tried them both. Not very impressed with either. The Evnroll did not seem to improve accuracy at all, and the feel to me was blah.

Edel felt ok, but all the weight in the heel of their "torque balanced" putter made it feel like it was closing as I took it back.

No thanks on either.

While in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago, I tried several EVNROLL and  Edel putters at the PGA Superstore.  I can tell within a couple of strokes if a putter will work for me.  Neither felt right for my stroke.  Several Ping Sigma G putters felt better, and I have never been a Ping putter person.  But I may own one soon.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I owned an EVNROLL ER2 and was recently fitted for my Edel E-3, which is now firmly planted in the bag.

I bought the ER2 after trying several of the EVNROLL putters at PGASS.  There wasn't a fitting involved, really just what fit my eye because I think most of their line up (if not all of them) are face balanced.  I really liked the feel and their "hype" about the quality of the roll you get from the putter is legit.  What I didn't like was the head weight of the putter (385g).  It always felt super head heavy and I would get "flippy" more often with the ER2 because of it.

As for my Edel putter, I actually started a thread here on MGS to share the experience and my ongoing thoughts with this putter.  Check it out HERE.  The long and short for me is that you cannot adequately compare the EVNROLL to Edel simply because of the fitting process you go through with Edel.  Someone made a comment that they only fit you for aim and that is absolutely not accurate.  Yes, aim and alignment is a key part of the process but they also fit every other aspect of the putter to you, as well.  Length, loft, lie angle, head shape, alignment aids and weighting.  All of those things will deliver a putter that is built for your unique swing, allows your eye/brain to accurately align the putter to the target, and optimize distance control.

Does the Edel put the same roll on the ball that the EVNROLL does?  In my limited experience with the Edel it's too early to tell.  I haven't noticed any difference but I'm sure there is some subtle difference because you're comparing a milled face to a pixel insert.  The Edel is a bit softer because of the insert but offers a nice "in-between" that is kind of a hybrid between the feel of a milled putter and something like an Odyssey insert.

If you were to ask me what I'd recommend I would tell you to go spend the money to get fit for an Edel and get a custom putter built uniquely for you.  I've sold every putter I own (including the EVNROLL) and will game the Edel until the proverbial wheels fall off.

A buddy has been visiting from Austin, TX for the past couple weeks. He games an Edel putter...E-1. Beautiful putter. Said he went to the Edel plant and was fitted there. If I visit him, he said we can go to the plant. BTFW, my EVNRoll E6 is just getting better & better. Today I made 3 16+ footers, one 25 footer and lagged up several others for rap ins.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

After reading the threads in the Evnroll, and then going through my fitting for my Edel, I don't think it can be said that they are both "fitted" to the golfer. The two companies define "fitting" VERY differently. Sure, someone can compare performance, but to say that they are built to a golfer similarly would be a stretch.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• 2 weeks later...

I got fitted for an edel last summer and I've already purchased another one. The fitting process was thorough and my putting has improved dramatically. I can honestly say 3 putts are very few and far between. Highly recommend! Both putters have 125 grams of weight in the handle.

IMG_1344.PNG

IMG_0822.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got fitted for an edel last summer and I've already purchased another one. The fitting process was thorough and my putting has improved dramatically. I can honestly say 3 putts are very few and far between. Highly recommend! Both putters have 125 grams of weight in the handle.

attachicon.gifIMG_1344.PNG

attachicon.gifIMG_0822.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nice looking putters!

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Have tried both Evnroll and Edel.  Gamed the Edel for 90-days and struggled with how shaft aligns with head and returned to Golf Galaxy.   Prefer the Evnroll ER 7 which has a 1/2 shaft offset.  My putting has continued to improve and am a real advocate for their products. Plus the service provided by Guerin and Travis at Evnroll is not matched by other manufacturers.

just an FYI >>>> I've emailed Travis at EVNROLL a few times before I recently got fit for an ER2 (at the PGA superstore in NJ) and he was clear about the headweights and offered me the option to have one built with or w/o counter balancing.  I chose the counterbalanced version, it takes more of my hands out of the stroke

I was sure i was buying the new evnoll x-7 recently released but not to confuse this thread but got a. Chance to try the Bobby Grace sure fir F-18 and it blew me away. Roll board test slightly better than evenroll great feel more adjustability/customization with weighting and interchangable face inserts, toe/heal distance tecnology. Had to go with it and love it so far 3 rounds.

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 2 months later...

I used an Edel for a few years, but recently switched to an Evenroll ER1.  My putting has been much more consistent, and I have almost eliminated 3 putts.

It took a little to get used to the different head weight, but once that was over all good.  

Mainly a Ping guy

I didn't try the Edel but after reading much of the hype, hitting it a few times in PGA superstore and seeing Evnroll at the top of the MGS Most Wanted I decided to take the plunge.  I found myself in Carlsbad with my family and snuck away to get fit at the factory.  The whole experience was excellent.  I arrived thinking I needed the ER1 or ER2 having always liked more of a blade style putter.  But at the end of it I could not get the ER7 out of my hand.

My putting has improved dramatically and I won't be changing any time soon.  Now if I can just get the driver to go straight work...

Alpine, UT

In the bag:

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic, Diamana M+ 50g Stiff Shaft

3W: Cleveland FL3W, Miyasaki 43g Stiff Shaft

4 Hybrid: Taylormade SLDR Fujikura? Stiff Shaft

4i: Mizuno MP-H5, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft 

5i-PW: Mizuno MP-25, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft

Wedges: 50, 54, 58 degree Mizuno T7 Blue Anodized, Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Shaft

Putter: EVNROLL ER7, Custom Fit 35", 71 degree lie angle and 1 degree of loft

I used an Edel for a few years, but recently switched to an Evenroll ER1. My putting has been much more consistent, and I have almost eliminated 3 putts.

It took a little to get used to the different head weight, but once that was over all good.

Nice, since you have played both what are your thoughts on the difference in feel of the two?

I really liked the feel and their "hype" about the quality of the roll you get from the putter is legit.  What I didn't like was the head weight of the putter (385g).  It always felt super head heavy and I would get "flippy" more often with the ER2 because of it.

Exactly my experience. So I'm waiting for the pro shop to get a lighter head in the length that I want to test it. But 34" with 370g was on the heavy side for me.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

On the other hand, people have been raving about the Edel fitting experience and now I'm curious. I have an Edel fitter about 1 hour drive from here, while the EVNROLL would be off the rack...

Anybody here has any experience between the Edel classic fit and torque balanced?

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say the Edel, putter fitting is excellent, to a point, it fits you for aim and speed, but not for stroke.

So your Edelman will point where you want it to, thanks the the combinations of neck, headshape, sightlines. It's be effective at distance control thanks to the weight, placement etc. It'll fit you for length and lie, which again aid aim.

The flip side is the torque balance suits only a narrow range of stroke. So if your Edel fitter can fit for the entire Edel range that covers all the toe hang option, then it's a no brainer.

I think the holy grail, would be to go and get Edelman, fitted, then ask a good club builder to make you an evnroll to those specs?

If anyone figures out this putting lark, message me immediately!

I never have been a Edel fan boy. And I own one! Admittedly that's mostly because I've never gotten over my lousy fitting experience at the Edel headquarters. The Edel is a decent putter and I putt just as good with it as with any other putter I've owned. Which is good. But honestly, I'll never get the sour taste out of my mouth until I get rid of the Edel. That's just the simple truth.

Someone here will probably call me out on this but; I'm starting to seriously consider an Evnroll.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I just got my Evnroll ER1.

I did consider an Edel, but the fitting and putter here in Germany go for EUR 600. That's a little steep IMO. Not saying its not worth it, but my putting is not THAT desperate.

Have to say most people grow up and get used to a putter that's almost certainly off the rack, so I think there's a risk in going too far away from what your experienced with.

I often think "what if Jack Nicklaus got custom fit?".

Chances are he'd end up with a Fat grip, a ton of counter weight and a short length? He had none of this and was fairly successful.

If anyone figures out this putting lark, message me immediately!