Evnroll vs Edel

Our Sponsors

I was sure i was buying the new evnoll x-7 recently released but not to confuse this thread but got a. Chance to try the Bobby Grace sure fir F-18 and it blew me away. Roll board test slightly better than evenroll great feel more adjustability/customization with weighting and interchangable face inserts, toe/heal distance tecnology. Had to go with it and love it so far 3 rounds.

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've toyed with Evnroll putters at the local PGA SuperStore, but haven't really looked at them seriously -- that may have to change.    Love my Edel - unless something changes you'll have to pry it

I have tried evnroll, non fitted Edel, and for the person that asked also MLA.   For me some worked better than others. I don't know the evnroll fitting process but most seem to be face balanced s

A buddy has been visiting from Austin, TX for the past couple weeks. He games an Edel putter...E-1. Beautiful putter. Said he went to the Edel plant and was fitted there. If I visit him, he said we c

Posted Images

I used an Edel for a few years, but recently switched to an Evenroll ER1.  My putting has been much more consistent, and I have almost eliminated 3 putts.

It took a little to get used to the different head weight, but once that was over all good.  

• Like 2

I didn't try the Edel but after reading much of the hype, hitting it a few times in PGA superstore and seeing Evnroll at the top of the MGS Most Wanted I decided to take the plunge.  I found myself in Carlsbad with my family and snuck away to get fit at the factory.  The whole experience was excellent.  I arrived thinking I needed the ER1 or ER2 having always liked more of a blade style putter.  But at the end of it I could not get the ER7 out of my hand.

My putting has improved dramatically and I won't be changing any time soon.  Now if I can just get the driver to go straight work...

• Like 1

Alpine, UT

In the bag:

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic, Diamana M+ 50g Stiff Shaft

3W: Cleveland FL3W, Miyasaki 43g Stiff Shaft

4 Hybrid: Taylormade SLDR Fujikura? Stiff Shaft

4i: Mizuno MP-H5, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft 

5i-PW: Mizuno MP-25, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft

Wedges: 50, 54, 58 degree Mizuno T7 Blue Anodized, Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Shaft

Putter: EVNROLL ER7, Custom Fit 35", 71 degree lie angle and 1 degree of loft

I used an Edel for a few years, but recently switched to an Evenroll ER1. My putting has been much more consistent, and I have almost eliminated 3 putts.

It took a little to get used to the different head weight, but once that was over all good.

Nice, since you have played both what are your thoughts on the difference in feel of the two?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I really liked the feel and their "hype" about the quality of the roll you get from the putter is legit.  What I didn't like was the head weight of the putter (385g).  It always felt super head heavy and I would get "flippy" more often with the ER2 because of it.

Exactly my experience. So I'm waiting for the pro shop to get a lighter head in the length that I want to test it. But 34" with 370g was on the heavy side for me.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

On the other hand, people have been raving about the Edel fitting experience and now I'm curious. I have an Edel fitter about 1 hour drive from here, while the EVNROLL would be off the rack...

Anybody here has any experience between the Edel classic fit and torque balanced?

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say the Edel, putter fitting is excellent, to a point, it fits you for aim and speed, but not for stroke.

So your Edelman will point where you want it to, thanks the the combinations of neck, headshape, sightlines. It's be effective at distance control thanks to the weight, placement etc. It'll fit you for length and lie, which again aid aim.

The flip side is the torque balance suits only a narrow range of stroke. So if your Edel fitter can fit for the entire Edel range that covers all the toe hang option, then it's a no brainer.

I think the holy grail, would be to go and get Edelman, fitted, then ask a good club builder to make you an evnroll to those specs?

If anyone figures out this putting lark, message me immediately!

I never have been a Edel fan boy. And I own one! Admittedly that's mostly because I've never gotten over my lousy fitting experience at the Edel headquarters. The Edel is a decent putter and I putt just as good with it as with any other putter I've owned. Which is good. But honestly, I'll never get the sour taste out of my mouth until I get rid of the Edel. That's just the simple truth.

Someone here will probably call me out on this but; I'm starting to seriously consider an Evnroll.

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I just got my Evnroll ER1.

I did consider an Edel, but the fitting and putter here in Germany go for EUR 600. That's a little steep IMO. Not saying its not worth it, but my putting is not THAT desperate.

• Like 1

Have to say most people grow up and get used to a putter that's almost certainly off the rack, so I think there's a risk in going too far away from what your experienced with.

I often think "what if Jack Nicklaus got custom fit?".

Chances are he'd end up with a Fat grip, a ton of counter weight and a short length? He had none of this and was fairly successful.

Actually Jack was custom fit. At times by his own work. As were most other pros of that era. Jack has even discussed his "back-weighting" of his irons. He said he pretty much played his whole career with back-weighted clubs. His drivers we most certainly in the 43" range at least during the era of Wood drivers. Granted Jack didn't have a launch monitor by his side but he certainly used swing weight scales and loft & lie machines to have his clubs bent to he specs. Those things have been around for ever and are still in use today for custom fittings. Custom fitting isn't new. Pros have always availed themselves of the fitting technology of their time. Only fairly recently have the average Joe been able to get a custom fit.

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Only fairly recently have the average Joe been able to get a custom fit.

I agree. I don't remember all of this cool custom stuff growing up, only thing I remember were Ping irons because they obviously had the dot colors.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

Actually Jack was custom fit. At times by his own work. As were most other pros of that era. Jack has even discussed his "back-weighting" of his irons. He said he pretty much played his whole career with back-weighted clubs. His drivers we most certainly in the 43" range at least during the era of Wood drivers. Granted Jack didn't have a launch monitor by his side but he certainly used swing weight scales and loft & lie machines to have his clubs bent to he specs. Those things have been around for ever and are still in use today for custom fittings. Custom fitting isn't new. Pros have always availed themselves of the fitting technology of their time. Only fairly recently have the average Joe been able to get a custom fit.

Very interesting, I suppose the point I was making was that after a number of custom fits / lessons / endless reading I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that putting is a personal thing and getting too technical might be to my detriment!

I recently heard a quote from Jack on British TV when discussing the recent trend for pistol / claw / left hand low grips.  He said rather dismissively "Its just putting".  Which made me giggle a bit!  It also reminded me of the number of times where I've stood over a putt and known that I was going to make / miss it, if I get this feeling I'm rarely wrong, I'm sure others have the same - so my new goal is to find a putting technique that most often gives me that confidence!

Back on thread!  I think trying both Edel and evn roll is the only way - hopefully one will give you confidence and fit your eye and stroke but its hard to say!

What about mla in the mix?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Agreed!

I have to say, with most high end putter manufacturers; Edel, Bettinardi, Scotty, etc. the difference between putters appears to be subjective at best. They all make gorgeous putters that are crafted to exacting standards but... I wouldn't call them innovative. It's the same designs with new materials, a new insert, more tungsten... Now Evnroll and MLA are actually doing some cool stuff that hasn't been done before! Evnroll's face technology, the MLA alignment tech! That's cool! It seems to be supported by science, and in testing, at least Evnroll seems to be showing well. Even if neither is a true game changer, at least they're looking outside the box and I like that.

So, who wants to try and slap an MLA alignment graphic on top of an Evnroll putter and see if it's possible to miss a putt with all that technology!

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Still not clear on how EVNROLL tech is different from PING's True Roll.

Is it that EVNROLL plays with width and PING is about depth?

If anyone is on speaking terms with Rife please ask. He seems like the kind of guy who would be open to talk about it.

Fozz, you still have his email?

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

If anyone is on speaking terms with Rife please ask. He seems like the kind of guy who would be open to talk about it.

Already spoke to him about this during my fitting.

Ping uses groove depth and only can impact ball speeds.

Evnroll uses with width and shape to impact both speeds and direction. The parabolic grooves provide a gear effect that brings the putts back towards the center line

Here's a more detailed explanation

https://evnroll.com/technology/

8d52742b158c7d29741a28f6090daa86.jpg

861816e7fd032ff535bc9010ba777c1d.jpg

• Like 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

And here's a video of the Evnroll grooves in action

https://youtu.be/Zwj--IqYTj0

• Like 4

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Basically, Ping's grove tech causes miss hits to travel as far as good hits, perfect lag putting. Evnroll's tech not only evens out the distance between good hits and off hits but it actually causes the ball to track back toward the intended line of the putt.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

And here's a video of the Evnroll grooves in action

Thanks for the video jlukes! I had never seen that video before. I pretty much just "believed" in the tech with no way to prove it.

But I'm loving my ER1!

• Like 2

Basically, Ping's grove tech causes miss hits to travel as far as good hits, perfect lag putting. Evnroll's tech not only evens out the distance between good hits and off hits but it actually causes the ball to track back toward the intended line of the putt.

Don't forget.....Rife sued Ping for stealing some of his patented technology a few years ago. That is why the Ping Ketsch putter was removed from the market and replaced with a different groove set.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).