Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Evnroll Blog Post - Discussion?

Sschaffer24

Hello everyone!

As I'm sure a large number of our readership does, each morning when I get to work I have a certain set of tabs that I open and check. One of those is the MyGolfSpy blog.

This morning started the same way it always does and lead to one of my favorite reads of the year, the Evnroll highlight post of our member testing.

Let's think of this for a minute. On a website where we are all about #powertotheplayer and being #datacritic, on the same site that broke the Costco story to the golfing world, we are able to showcase what YOU guys do for us every day here in the forums.

It's just nice to give the members some recognition. I know how much work goes into these reviews (they aren't easy) and the guys from the Evnroll thread killed it, but let's not forget what the rest of the testers of 2016 put on the forum. Being blunt, you guys crushed it.

Great job!

Thanks for all the hard work this year!

So what did you guys think? Do you like having a spotlight on reviews throughout the season? Does it add or detract from the experience? Would love to hear thoughts!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

First off thanks Shawn. As a participant in several reviews I know the amount of work that they take. I truly appreciate the ability to ineract with reviewers when considering purchases. I've bought or not bought base upon MGS reviews and that interaction,

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'll echo Shawn's statements -- the hardest part of writing that piece was cutting down the number of quotes from the testers.  There was so much awesome analysis and commentary that I hated cutting some of it out, but it had to be done otherwise we have another epic of "War And Peace" proportions.

And you know what the worst part of it all is?  After writing it I had this nagging urge to get fit for an Evnroll. I think my Edel knows what's up -- and doesn't like it.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Barbajo!

That's huge news. You have to document that for us if you do...

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

That just means you tell it like it is jlukes. That's a great trait to have.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

The only issue that I have with nine is that it's eliminated an excuse for misses. I can't blame the putter, it's all on me now.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nothing like turning the spotlight back onto the player, huh Rev? Haha.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

As one of the reviewers I was thrilled to see the Blog piece. O think it did a good job of capturing some of the many thoughts we had.

I would certainly like to see it continued with future reviews where the staff feels it's warranted.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

You guys did a great job, no doubt. Our members consistently put an excellent product out there in there reviews. I just loved the airtime to show that to the general public.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I just exchanged my ER1 for the ER5. I think the hatchback will help me with my alignment of the putt vs the blade. Playing 9 holes tomorrow so will see how it does. Have high hopes for it. Liked the ER1 but think this is better suited for my abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I'll just affirm what has already been said and encourage MGS to do more of it. If nothing else, it reminded me to check out the evnroll thread for updates. Nice way to drive folks to the forum as well.

Barba, I really liked how tight and concise it was. I think you always want to err on the side of brief versus over-long. As said above—head to the forum for a deep read.

And Shawn - like you, I check MGS every single morning - always bummed when there isn't a new post. The only problem is I check it several times through out the day too! At some point, the work I get paid to do needs some attention!

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Wow... who puts on "Huge" tournaments in February? Where do you live? Are you by chance playing Rivera? 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I must have been out if it.......  I didn't even see the Blog Post.

It was a pleasure doing it,  believe it or not, the best part of doing it was talking to Guerin Rife.

Good to see some of my pictures mad the Big Time......

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

• 2 weeks later...

As a follow up on this I played yesterday with a guy who hadn't seen my putter.

He is a very good player who once was a tremendous player, D1 played at Colorado in the early 80's.

He was very intrigued by my putter and asked how I like it. I told him that while it's still not battle tested I love the distance control and consistency.

He was more than intrigued when I didn't three putt a single time the hole dead and hit every long putt to within 2 feet.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

How about their beautiful Lefthanded models. Aren't they nice.

Good one!  I've always liked "facetious".  I suspect they will show up eventually.

I guess the Evnroll putters are not for me.  I tried several models at the PGA Superstore in Scottsdale, and none of them felt good to me.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Still rolling the rock with my EVNROLL

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Good one! I've always liked "facetious". I suspect they will show up eventually.

I guess the Evnroll putters are not for me. I tried several models at the PGA Superstore in Scottsdale, and none of them felt good to me.

I'm kind of glad they don't have them, one less putter to want to give a try. I've got some gift cards for Cally and I don't know what to buy, but I am liking the o-works putter. I'm trying to be good and not buy it, but it's essentially free with the gift cards.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody ponder why ER2 seems to be doing slightly better in SG18 than any of the other models (I guess not ER7, but def all the others)? I actually would guess Er6 would do the best because its design probably has the highest MOI.

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

Tsi3 Ventus TR Blue

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

0211 ST 4-GW Axiom 125

Mizuno T22

Flat stick - who knows

Can anybody ponder why ER2 seems to be doing slightly better in SG18 than any of the other models (I guess not ER7, but def all the others)? I actually would guess Er6 would do the best because its design probably has the highest MOI.

Having gamed the ER6 for 3 months now, I can honestly say that it is absolutely terrific on the long balls. I still struggle a bit with 3 footers.....need to concentrate on my alignment.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

^ Right, this seems to fall in line with the data. ER6 great from long distances, but people seemed to struggle with it up close. Is it an alignment issue? I find that design extremely easy to line up, which is about 80% of the reason why I currently game a Ketsch TR.

I figured the ER6 would naturally be what I gravitate toward (it is) but seeing it perform kind of poorly in testing has me second guessing. I'm obviously going to go get fit properly for one of these putters, but now I'm very much interested in the ER2 and the ER7.

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

Tsi3 Ventus TR Blue

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

0211 ST 4-GW Axiom 125

Mizuno T22

Flat stick - who knows

Archived