Sschaffer24

Evnroll Blog Post - Discussion?

Hello everyone!

As I'm sure a large number of our readership does, each morning when I get to work I have a certain set of tabs that I open and check. One of those is the MyGolfSpy blog.

This morning started the same way it always does and lead to one of my favorite reads of the year, the Evnroll highlight post of our member testing.

Let's think of this for a minute. On a website where we are all about #powertotheplayer and being #datacritic, on the same site that broke the Costco story to the golfing world, we are able to showcase what YOU guys do for us every day here in the forums.

It's just nice to give the members some recognition. I know how much work goes into these reviews (they aren't easy) and the guys from the Evnroll thread killed it, but let's not forget what the rest of the testers of 2016 put on the forum. Being blunt, you guys crushed it.

Great job!

Thanks for all the hard work this year!

So what did you guys think? Do you like having a spotlight on reviews throughout the season? Does it add or detract from the experience? Would love to hear thoughts!

• Like 6

First off thanks Shawn. As a participant in several reviews I know the amount of work that they take. I truly appreciate the ability to ineract with reviewers when considering purchases. I've bought or not bought base upon MGS reviews and that interaction,

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

I'll echo Shawn's statements -- the hardest part of writing that piece was cutting down the number of quotes from the testers.  There was so much awesome analysis and commentary that I hated cutting some of it out, but it had to be done otherwise we have another epic of "War And Peace" proportions.

And you know what the worst part of it all is?  After writing it I had this nagging urge to get fit for an Evnroll. I think my Edel knows what's up -- and doesn't like it.

• Like 7

Very cool. I really try to keep superlatives out of my reviews unless something truly blows me away. The Evnroll is also really solid putter in just about every aspect.

• Like 2

I have the ER1 and love it. It goes right where you aim. If they would make a set of eyes that would aim at the hole, I would buy those. Very happy with the purchase. Sold my Scotty Cameron and won't look back.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

The only issue that I have with nine is that it's eliminated an excuse for misses. I can't blame the putter, it's all on me now.

• Like 4

As one of the reviewers I was thrilled to see the Blog piece. O think it did a good job of capturing some of the many thoughts we had.

I would certainly like to see it continued with future reviews where the staff feels it's warranted.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

You guys did a great job, no doubt. Our members consistently put an excellent product out there in there reviews. I just loved the airtime to show that to the general public.

• Like 2

I just exchanged my ER1 for the ER5. I think the hatchback will help me with my alignment of the putt vs the blade. Playing 9 holes tomorrow so will see how it does. Have high hopes for it. Liked the ER1 but think this is better suited for my abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'll just affirm what has already been said and encourage MGS to do more of it. If nothing else, it reminded me to check out the evnroll thread for updates. Nice way to drive folks to the forum as well.

Barba, I really liked how tight and concise it was. I think you always want to err on the side of brief versus over-long. As said above—head to the forum for a deep read.

And Shawn - like you, I check MGS every single morning - always bummed when there isn't a new post. The only problem is I check it several times through out the day too! At some point, the work I get paid to do needs some attention!

• Like 4

Just picked up the new ER7. With PGA superstore return policy I was able to try the ER1 and ER5 for couple rounds each. Went with the ER7. Hit it the best. Have a huge tournament this weekend so hopefully it pays off.

• Like 3

I must have been out if it.......  I didn't even see the Blog Post.

It was a pleasure doing it,  believe it or not, the best part of doing it was talking to Guerin Rife.

Good to see some of my pictures mad the Big Time......

• Like 1

Wow... who puts on "Huge" tournaments in February? Where do you live? Are you by chance playing Rivera?

Joys of living in Florida. Maybe my view of "huge" is just a perception. Maybe like most things it may just be "average".

• Like 1

As a follow up on this I played yesterday with a guy who hadn't seen my putter.

He is a very good player who once was a tremendous player, D1 played at Colorado in the early 80's.

He was very intrigued by my putter and asked how I like it. I told him that while it's still not battle tested I love the distance control and consistency.

He was more than intrigued when I didn't three putt a single time the hole dead and hit every long putt to within 2 feet.