Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Edel Single Length Irons.

Sschaffer24

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Saw this on twitter the other day.

What do you guys think? I listened to an episode of Golf Science Lab where they interview David Edel about their new Single Length irons that they are releasing. For those who don't know, Edel was the company who designed Bryson Dechambeau's irons that he gamed before signing with Cobra.

I really love the conversation where he talks about the issues with the shaft. What Paderson is able to do with their individual kevlar fibers in order to tune each shaft is simply amazing. Makes me wonder the difference in performance from one single length to another. These Edel clubs seem to be on a different level than the other offerings.

Thoughts?

Here is a link to the episode for those who want to listen: https://soundcloud.com/golf-science-lab/the-details-about-single-length-irons-w-david-edel

nice clubs its gapping that I would be keen to see if its 10yards like a traditional set

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definitely intrigued, but I don't think single length would work for me. Maybe two lengths with 3-7 being same length and 8-pw. I don't know that I could play a wedge at 6 or 7 iron length.

One interesting aspect to Edel's approach that I read about is they are willing to step the single length irons. So theoretically you could do 5-7 one length 8-9 another and PW-LW another length. Interesting perspective that I don't see many other companies offering.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

One interesting aspect to Edel's approach that I read about is they are willing to step the single length irons. So theoretically you could do 5-7 one length 8-9 another and PW-LW another length. Interesting perspective that I don't see many other companies offering.

My boss bought the F8 One Length, and this is the one comment he has.  He really can't get used to the longer 9 and PW.   He thinks the same thing, maybe 4-7 one length and 8-W a bit shorter but still one length.  I havent read too much on the Cobra F8 yet to see how they addressed that issue, but from what I've heard from a few they did.  Maybe not so much in different length but in some way that affected the ball flight, if I'm making sense?

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Yeah you're making sense Carolina. I think the podcast with David Edel was really interesting because basically due to the type of shaft (graphite) they are able to individually tighten the flex on each shaft based on desired launch characteristics and that allows them to still make them somewhat variable/stepped.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Really like this idea. Great that they are doing this.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

My boss bought the F8 One Length, and this is the one comment he has. He really can't get used to the longer 9 and PW. He thinks the same thing, maybe 4-7 one length and 8-W a bit shorter but still one length. I havent read too much on the Cobra F8 yet to see how they addressed that issue, but from what I've heard from a few they did. Maybe not so much in different length but in some way that affected the ball flight, if I'm making sense?

I think with the cobras, since they have single and variable length in the same head, that one could go 4-7 in one length and 8-W with the variable length and still maintain some continuity in feel/looks. I think that would be a potentially interesting work-around if they currently don't allow for a stepped system.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Archived