Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Angle Of Attack

Any thoughts on improving the angle of attack on a driver, I seem to be hitting down or have a negative AOA at impact.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I do the same.

One club pro suggested I move the ball 2-3 inches up from just inside foot where it usually is positioned.

Not an easy thing to do because it felt so uncomfortable at first. But it is feeling better and I'm getting the ball more on the up swing now.

Still a work in progress though.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I try to have a little more spine tilt away from the target.  It's hard to have a negative AoA if you maintain about a 15-20* spine angle through impact.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have to keep my head behind the ball and move it forward in my stance.  I think that's the consensus in here.

tee-off-4.gif

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Honestly I'd recommend visiting with a pro. Easy to get into bad habits doing self help.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

try this:

That's what I'm talking about!  Good video.  Just be careful that you don't flatten out the shoulders before impact.  Spine angle should stay the same or slightly increase at impact which allows the head to stay behind the ball.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Any thoughts on improving the angle of attack on a driver, I seem to be hitting down or have a negative AOA at impact.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

start with driver in middle of your stance at address ball position off front foot big toe and swing up through impact should help

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Chiming in with my two cents.

I battle this too. I tried changing my swing, but it just wasn't worth it in the end.

I found it easier just to use technology to my advantage.

I'm playing a 12* driver and keeping the spin low by going to a 430cc head and a low spinning shaft. There are workarounds to it - you just have to be creative!

Archived