#16 ole gray

ole gray

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,317 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Handicap:14

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:36 PM

Great pics Blue and I like ya dog too :D ..  No doubt he's a stud pup! ;) 

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Fusion 10.5  / 44.5 in shaft with 12 gr weight

:callaway-small: Razr X  2, 3, & 4 Hybrids

:callaway-small: Razr XF 5 - SW Irons

:cleveland-small: S Wedge

​Odyssey Works #1 Versa Putter

Tester: Bushnell Tour V4/Tour Rangefinder

#17 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 5,120 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA
  • Handicap:10

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

Alright, time to compose some thoughts in this space.

I have taken the T1100 out for a range session as well as played a round with it on the course (plus warm-up).

Initial impressions of the shaft were posted earlier in the thread.  It's absolutely stunning to look at in person.  The first range day, I was on the range by myself for most of the session and the second half of the session, a couple of guys that came to hit balls walked up.  One asked if I was hitting a steel shaft in a driver, that's how stunning the chrome paint is on this model. It's just nice to look at.  

With that out of the way, let's talk about performance.  The first day range session, I spent 15-20 balls getting the head adjusted after warming up.  It ended up coming out that I cranked it one marking open from standard on the 9.5 2017 M2 (I could not get one of the new all aluminum adapters because no one had them so I used a 2 degree adapter from last year with the plastic ferrule).  This wasn't for launch conditions, per se, just to have the driver sit how I like it at address, slightly open.  I then alternated shots, 3 balls at a time from my 2016 M1 440.  The one thing I noticed, head for head, was that the new M2 was a little louder (not pertaining to this review, but worth mentioning none the less).

I hit them side by side and the 9.5 with the HZRDUS launched at the same height as my 8.5 M1 440.  I don't hit the ball really high (I tried to get to 17/1700 a few years ago and just couldn't get there).  My average launch usually is around 12-13 degrees.  Going up in loft with this shaft, I was able to replicate the same launch conditions as before.  I don't have a TrackMan of FlightScope and my local course doesn't have one either.  I generally don't do launch monitor stuff until after I adjust it on the range then play it on the course and decide whether it's reliable or not before I worry with renting time on a monitor.  If it's not going to make the bag, I'm not spending the money.  Sorry, just how I do things.

I can say that this combo performed well on the range.  I really want to try the shaft in the new M1 as I loved that head when demo'ing it.  That said, I think my M1 has some spider cracks on the crown (as I mentioned before) and I want to send it in for evaluation and see what TM does.  I bought it new and the retailer I purchased from will send it in for me.

The shaft worked very well for me.  It's stiff, but not overly boardy to me.  It has the distinct feel I like when my aggressive transition kicks in and has the almost bullwhip feel right at impact when it unloads, which is another feel I really like.  I swung it normal and then swung out of my shoes and the shaft handled both with ease.  I don't know that I have enough in the tank to ever worry about overloading the shaft and throwing something at it that it can't handle.  This one does feel a little stiffer than the HZRDUS Black Handcrafted I've been playing, but that's a good thing. I can draw it and hit a fade, but it's not as much curvature as before which is also a good hing for me as I tend to overcook those shots a little at times.  The shaft really seemed to just want to go straight though.  I played 18 the next day (Saturday) and hit some REALLY good drives.  On one hole (#4 at the home course), I carried it right around where I normally finish up off the tee.  I ended up with a little side hill partial wedge shot in which I really managed to booger up.  I didn't hit my irons particularly well at all that day and I couldn't scramble if you gave me a frying pan and half a dozen eggs.  But the one thing I did manage to do well was get off the tee.  I murdered the driver on nearly every hole I hit it on.  Several in spots I normally play from or slightly inside of them.  The feel of the shaft was exceptional all day and the distance was spot on and I was just about able to point and shoot all day with it.  Had I been able to do anything other than get off the tee, I could've possibly scored pretty decently.  I did manage to kill a drive on #18 (dogleg par 5) and had a 56* left in.  Stuffed the approach to about 4 feet and 2 putted for birdie (one of those days, and I've never eagled that hole since it was converted to a par 5.  Only one on the course I've never eagled). 

Overall, if I were to recommend the shaft to someone, it'd be someone that likes a little stiffer feel and that appreciates really feeling the shaft load and unload.  It does play slightly stiffer than the previous HZRDUS, but it's not overly harsh while doing so.  I think the shaft will get a lot of traction with the public for those that are inclined to spend the coin on it.  

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M1 430 w/ Project X HZRDUS Black Handcrafted or Aldila Rogue X 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade SLDR TS 13* with Aldila NV 75X
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
5-7I : Tour Issued Adams CB2 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour issue S400 hardstepped 1x
8-GW: Tour Issued Adams CB1 w/ Dynamic Gold S400 hardstepped 1x

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Mannkrafted MA/44 Sick n Twisted Mini 34", 71* lie, 4* loft

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

#18 mulliganman

mulliganman

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

Alright, time to compose some thoughts in this space.

I have taken the T1100 out for a range session as well as played a round with it on the course (plus warm-up).

Initial impressions of the shaft were posted earlier in the thread.  It's absolutely stunning to look at in person.  The first range day, I was on the range by myself for most of the session and the second half of the session, a couple of guys that came to hit balls walked up.  One asked if I was hitting a steel shaft in a driver, that's how stunning the chrome paint is on this model. It's just nice to look at.  

With that out of the way, let's talk about performance.  The first day range session, I spent 15-20 balls getting the head adjusted after warming up.  It ended up coming out that I cranked it one marking open from standard on the 9.5 2017 M2 (I could not get one of the new all aluminum adapters because no one had them so I used a 2 degree adapter from last year with the plastic ferrule).  This wasn't for launch conditions, per se, just to have the driver sit how I like it at address, slightly open.  I then alternated shots, 3 balls at a time from my 2016 M1 440.  The one thing I noticed, head for head, was that the new M2 was a little louder (not pertaining to this review, but worth mentioning none the less).

I hit them side by side and the 9.5 with the HZRDUS launched at the same height as my 8.5 M1 440.  I don't hit the ball really high (I tried to get to 17/1700 a few years ago and just couldn't get there).  My average launch usually is around 12-13 degrees.  Going up in loft with this shaft, I was able to replicate the same launch conditions as before.  I don't have a TrackMan of FlightScope and my local course doesn't have one either.  I generally don't do launch monitor stuff until after I adjust it on the range then play it on the course and decide whether it's reliable or not before I worry with renting time on a monitor.  If it's not going to make the bag, I'm not spending the money.  Sorry, just how I do things.

I can say that this combo performed well on the range.  I really want to try the shaft in the new M1 as I loved that head when demo'ing it.  That said, I think my M1 has some spider cracks on the crown (as I mentioned before) and I want to send it in for evaluation and see what TM does.  I bought it new and the retailer I purchased from will send it in for me.

The shaft worked very well for me.  It's stiff, but not overly boardy to me.  It has the distinct feel I like when my aggressive transition kicks in and has the almost bullwhip feel right at impact when it unloads, which is another feel I really like.  I swung it normal and then swung out of my shoes and the shaft handled both with ease.  I don't know that I have enough in the tank to ever worry about overloading the shaft and throwing something at it that it can't handle.  This one does feel a little stiffer than the HZRDUS Black Handcrafted I've been playing, but that's a good thing. I can draw it and hit a fade, but it's not as much curvature as before which is also a good hing for me as I tend to overcook those shots a little at times.  The shaft really seemed to just want to go straight though.  I played 18 the next day (Saturday) and hit some REALLY good drives.  On one hole (#4 at the home course), I carried it right around where I normally finish up off the tee.  I ended up with a little side hill partial wedge shot in which I really managed to booger up.  I didn't hit my irons particularly well at all that day and I couldn't scramble if you gave me a frying pan and half a dozen eggs.  But the one thing I did manage to do well was get off the tee.  I murdered the driver on nearly every hole I hit it on.  Several in spots I normally play from or slightly inside of them.  The feel of the shaft was exceptional all day and the distance was spot on and I was just about able to point and shoot all day with it.  Had I been able to do anything other than get off the tee, I could've possibly scored pretty decently.  I did manage to kill a drive on #18 (dogleg par 5) and had a 56* left in.  Stuffed the approach to about 4 feet and 2 putted for birdie (one of those days, and I've never eagled that hole since it was converted to a par 5.  Only one on the course I've never eagled). 

Overall, if I were to recommend the shaft to someone, it'd be someone that likes a little stiffer feel and that appreciates really feeling the shaft load and unload.  It does play slightly stiffer than the previous HZRDUS, but it's not overly harsh while doing so.  I think the shaft will get a lot of traction with the public for those that are inclined to spend the coin on it.

How does this compare to the Hzrdus Yellow and Red in terms of launch and spin?  Do you need to bee at a certain swing speed to play this one?  It seems folks like the yellow and you can find some reviews out there.  There isn't much I've found on the Red.  I know the Black is going to likely launch too low for me. 

#19 mulliganman

mulliganman

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

How does this compare to the Hzrdus Yellow and Red in terms of launch and spin?  Do you need to bee at a certain swing speed to play this one?  It seems folks like the yellow and you can find some reviews out there.  There isn't much I've found on the Red.  I know the Black is going to likely launch too low for me. 

#20 Mister2cool

Mister2cool

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Handicap:5

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:02 PM

I have Black, Red and now T1100. Can't compare to Yellow for ya since I don't have it. T1100 is significantly lower launch and lower spin than the Red, which is suppose to be Mid\mid. I get roughly similar launch and flight with T1100 on a 12* SLDR head and Red on a 10* head. 

Oh yeah.. the T1100 is totally incredible to look at... 

20170125_225818.jpg

#21 jayjay0808

jayjay0808

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Handicap:+2

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

I have Black, Red and now T1100. Can't compare to Yellow for ya since I don't have it. T1100 is significantly lower launch and lower spin than the Red, which is suppose to be Mid\mid. I get roughly similar launch and flight with T1100 on a 12* SLDR head and Red on a 10* head. 

Oh yeah.. the T1100 is totally incredible to look at... 

attachicon.gif20170125_225818.jpg

Those are some sexy shafts!

In my bag:

Driver: Tour Edge E8 Beta, 8.5° Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Wood: Tour Edge E8 Tour 14.0° Diamana S+ 70X

Hybrids:  :ping-small:  Rapture Driving Iron X-Stiff

Irons:  :taylormade-small:  PSI Tour 3-PW DG TI X-100

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX-3 52&58 DG TI S-400

Putter:  :nike-small:  Method Origin B2-01 

Ball:   :srixon-small: Z-Star XV 5

#22 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

• Members

• 5,120 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:26 AM

How does this compare to the Hzrdus Yellow and Red in terms of launch and spin? Do you need to bee at a certain swing speed to play this one? It seems folks like the yellow and you can find some reviews out there. There isn't much I've found on the Red. I know the Black is going to likely launch too low for me.

Launch and spin are both the lowest in the HZRDUS family. The T1100 feels most like the Yellow in the hands as its counterbalanced as well. It launches a little lower than the black for me and kills spin more. It also has a little more kick to it than the yellow. It's a more lively yellow that's also a little more tip stable, if that makes sense

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M1 430 w/ Project X HZRDUS Black Handcrafted or Aldila Rogue X 

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

#23 Mister2cool

Mister2cool

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Handicap:5

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:54 AM

Had another range session today trying to finalize which combo I'll go with for my round on Monday. In the end I still find the T1100 worked better with my 12* SLDR than 10* one. I had a very hard time getting consistent with 10* head and was getting some wild shots, and I think it's because I was trying too much to get the launch a little higher and stay in the air a bit longer.

One other thing I noticed is that the shaft will expose your swing flaws without mercy. Granted that SLDR 430 isn't the most forgiving head by any means, but with the Red, I could still get away with some bad swings, and there's none of that with T1100. You make a bad swing, you see it clearly in the results, especially as I went down on loft. The shaft can handle all the power you put in, but you do have to stay in rhythm. Think paddle to the floor the entire way down all the way to finish.  

A last note, as I went back and forth with different shafts, the Black started to feel like a telephone pole. As I am getting use to T1100, The extra vibration and 3 extra swingweight points when using Black were clearly felt and my wrist protested. 

#24 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

• Members

• 5,120 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:42 PM

The T1100 reacts better for me when I stay smooth instead of really going after it from the top. Smooth, my swing speed clocks 113-114. I can crank it up going full bore to 118-119. But the patterns tend to spread on me. For me, thinking smooth from the top works better with this shaft. It can handle it all and when I nut one going full bore it's a bomb. But smooth from the top results the most consistent flight

In The Bag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Our Sponsors