TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Edge Media Day

First day of PGA Show week is in the books - spent at Lake Nona Golf Club at the Tour Edge Media Day.

Tour Edge headlines the event with a batch a other companies to spread the word. Snell Golf, Golf Pride were the big names - but there were a bunch of smaller companies with interesting offerings.

Here are some pics...

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG

This is a putting monitor from Ireland called Hole More Putts. (Holemorepitts.com). It's a little tablet that mines a ton of data about your putting stoke and offers online tutorials based on what it sees.

IMG_1920.JPG

IMG_1919.JPG

Dean Snell spoke about his My Tour Ball and gave us the true story about how the Get Sim got its name. If the golf thing doesn't work out, he could do standup.

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_2098.JPG

IMG_2099.JPG

New grip coming from Golf Pride - MCC's and MCC Plus 4's with Align technology. - a ridge on the back of the grip to make sure your grip is lined up properly.

More pics to post - but I'm really sleepy. Will get more up in the am.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Thanks for the info and pics. Appreciate ya hard work

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Here are some more media day pix -- Tour Edge has some new stuff...

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1935.JPGIMG_1936.JPG

That's the XJ-1 driver - super light driver, Kevlar crown, 911 Titanium body - which Tour Edge says is lighter than the normal titanium used in drivers and an SP700 Beta Titanium face. A 45 gram Fujikura Speeder is stock, and the overall driver weight is 265 to 290 grams. It's target is golfers with swing speeds in the 70-90 mph range.

IMG_1937.JPGIMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1942.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

This the the new EX10 line of metal woods - should be out in February. Big news here is the Graphite Design stock shaft in both the driver and fairway. Hybrid has a Recoil stock. There's also a Beta version of the fairway wood.

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

Tour Edge is also releasing a set of forged cavity back irons, due in April.

Had the chance to hit the irons and metal woods on the range - really liked the driver. The standard FW flew high for me, preferred the Beta model, and the irons are wonderful, although Tour Edge admits they probably won't sell a ton of them.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

IMG_1956.JPG

Lots of stuff on display at the range....

IMG_1957.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

This is a training aid called Swing Coach. Gotta admit, I didn't get it...

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

New shoes from Sketchers. Have never tried their shoes, but price is $100 for the spikeless, $130 for the spiked.

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1965.JPG

New GPS watch from Sky Caddie here. Big news is that it includes tags for shot tracking. Don't need your phone, so it combines shot tracking capabilities with a GPS - what makes a ton of sense if you're looking for both.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Couple of other quickies...

50691402880__914D3CF4-2CDF-4CFF-A925-5B3D6A0F2C26.JPG

50691406581__398D5DFA-4D64-4CAD-8F25-FBD54F08DC2F.JPG

Biodegradable golf tees - single use, and the return to the earth. No idea of the price.

Belt has a divot tool built in to the tip. Kinda cool - again, no idea of the price.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Here are some more media day pix -- Tour Edge has some new stuff...

attachicon.gifIMG_1925.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1935.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1936.JPG

That's the XJ-1 driver - super light driver, Kevlar crown, 911 Titanium body - which Tour Edge says is lighter than the normal titanium used in drivers and an SP700 Beta Titanium face. A 45 gram Fujikura Speeder is stock, and the overall driver weight is 265 to 290 grams. It's target is golfers with swing speeds in the 70-90 mph range.

attachicon.gifIMG_1937.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1939.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1942.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1944.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1945.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1946.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1950.JPG

This the the new EX10 line of metal woods - should be out in February. Big news here is the Graphite Design stock shaft in both the driver and fairway. Hybrid has a Recoil stock. There's also a Beta version of the fairway wood.

attachicon.gifIMG_1952.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1953.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1954.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1955.JPG

Tour Edge is also releasing a set of forged cavity back irons, due in April.

Had the chance to hit the irons and metal woods on the range - really liked the driver. The standard FW flew high for me, preferred the Beta model, and the irons are wonderful, although Tour Edge admits they probably won't sell a ton of them.

Wow the driver looks like it has a deep face which I'm guessing will be a low spin head?

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Some great pics, thanks.

The shoes & driving iron have me in ponder mode.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Swing coach. When you swing the club the ball is released and goes in the direction the face is pointing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Couple of other quickies...

50691402880__914D3CF4-2CDF-4CFF-A925-5B3D6A0F2C26.JPG

50691406581__398D5DFA-4D64-4CAD-8F25-FBD54F08DC2F.JPG

Biodegradable golf tees - single use, and the return to the earth. No idea of the price.

Belt has a divot tool built in to the tip. Kinda cool - again, no idea of the price.

Aren't all wooden tees biodegradable? It's pretty much what I use.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

The irons look really good. Might have to hit them 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Dig the TE FW, very nice! If they decreased the badging in the back of the irons to be like their CB pro wedges

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

The Exotics look terrific........I like the clean look of the irons too.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Took in tour edge on the last day, The folks there are very knowledgeable and approach the game like a business (thats a good thing)

I don't understand the snell thing though, If you are going to sell only via the internet why go to a show that all about selling to a rep, shop or store. I here all kind of good things about the ball  just cornfused

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Took in tour edge on the last day, The folks there are very knowledgeable and approach the game like a business (thats a good thing)

I don't understand the snell thing though, If you are going to sell only via the internet why go to a show that all about selling to a rep, shop or store. I here all kind of good things about the ball  just cornfused

Snell didn't have a booth at the show - they did take part in the media day to get the media up to date on what the company is up to and where it's going -- biggest news there is that they're slowing going to move into select retail channels in 2017 - mostly proshops. Snell says they're going to take it VERY slowly to keep growth under control.  He also had private meetings with media folk (there were a TON of us) - so I can't speak for any meetings he may have had with pro shop owners/buyers, but he was busy with the media.  

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I like deals for golfers but the snell things seems like a hard road to hoe. I hope it works out for him.

maybe I should look into it.

Went to the hole out booth. it was getting some traction but it seemed they were still in the project phase.  This would be a retail item. I was trying to wrap my head around making it into a fitting tool.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I like deals for golfers but the snell things seems like a hard road to hoe. I hope it works out for him.

maybe I should look into it.

Went to the hole out booth. it was getting some traction but it seemed they were still in the project phase.  This would be a retail item. I was trying to wrap my head around making it into a fitting tool.

I'm not convinced on what they're thinking as far as price goes -- it's a lot of tech and data, but $459 is steep.  I could see pros using it for lessons, but a retail version in the $250 range could make it.

One of the things I like about Snell is that he really doesn't want to dominate - his goal is to stay small and only grow very slowly so that the business in manageable.  He really doesn't want to take on Titleist or any of the others - just wants to sell some golf balls and make some money within in his business structure.  He wasn't giving out volume, but he did say his business grew 400% in 2016.  Says he and the kids will spend evenings putting balls into packages and getting them ready for shipping, etc.  Small operation - but he keeps his costs under control.  Doesn't have to be big to make a nice living...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Isn't the "ridge" on the back of the grip old technology made "new" again? I recall a long time ago when grip choices were few I used to always re-grip with the green Golf Pride Victory grips. They had a subtle ridge you could feel under your lower hand. I see now on the GP site that they're re-releasing the Victory grip. In the old days they didn't last long I recall because they became slick and hard pretty quickly.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Awesome coverage again, loving those Align grips and Exotic Driver!!

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Archived