TESTERS WANTED! ×

TaylorMade to unveil new 'major' player signing at PGA Show?

pughdog

Anyone else heard the rumours?

It can only be one guy right....

"The more I practice the luckier I get" - Gary Player

R1, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
RBZ, 14.5, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
R11 17 & 22 Rescues, Motore F3 S flex
Rocketbladez Tour irons, 5 - PW,
ATV 50,54,Tour preferred 58 wedges
Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

I haven't heard anything significant. But TWSpot on twitter was saying when Tiger was holding a clinic at Medalist they were shooting a Taylormade commercial. 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Interesting, I bet he practiced with a lot of OEM clubs.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Hadn't heard any rumors, but did just see Tiger post this on instagram.  Guess we will know for sure tomorrow.

Big decision made. Find out tomorrow. -TW

A photo posted by Tiger Woods (@tigerwoods) on

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

So was it just a metal wood deal or all clubs? I'm a little confused about the announcement.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

TW tweeted that he was choosing Taylormade for drivers, fairways hybrids and irons.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So was it just a metal wood deal or all clubs? I'm a little confused about the announcement.

No it's all clubs minus putter

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

No it's all clubs minus putter

Interesting. Wonder what irons he'll play? Assuming something custom?

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Tiger Woods signs deal to play TaylorMade golf clubs Tiger Woods is back off the hard goods market as he will be sponsored by TaylorMade going forward"

He will play TaylorMade irons, woods, driver and wedges in a 13-club deal, according to Jonathan Wall. Woods will continue to use his Scotty Cameron putter.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/tiger-woods-signs-deal-to-play-taylormade-golf-clubs/

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

Good pick up for TM. Even though he has struggled with injuries, he still moves the needle from a marketing standpoint. I am from the generation that started playing golf because of Tiger and will always be a fan. This has to be killer for Nike though, their face of the golf brand going to their ultimate nemesis in Adidas (at least until they sell).

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Good pick up for TM. Even though he has struggled with injuries, he still moves the needle from a marketing standpoint. I am from the generation that started playing golf because of Tiger and will always be a fan. This has to be killer for Nike though, their face of the golf brand going to their ultimate nemesis in Adidas (at least until they sell).

Nike no longer makes golf clubs, he had to go somewhere, I believe he is still wearing his TW branded Nike clothing and shoes.

Nike no longer makes golf clubs, he had to go somewhere, I believe he is still wearing his TW branded Nike clothing and shoes.

I knew that but it is like breaking up with your girlfriend and out of all the guys she could date after you, she has to choose your Wes Mantooth :) yes he is still under contract with Nike for apparel.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I knew that but it is like breaking up with your girlfriend and out of all the guys she could date after you, she has to choose your Wes Mantooth :) yes he is still under contract with Nike for apparel.

Yes Jiro I see your point, good analogy.

TW wearing Nike clothing in the new TM welcome to the family video on website and all over social media

http://taylormadegolf.com/tiger-woods.html

Jason Day is the same way.  In fact, there are tons of guys on tour that are sponsored by nike apparel and play other equipment.  Just like guys like Jordan Spieth and others wear Under Armor.  

Apparel deals and clubs deals are separate for the most part.

I still can't believe he is going to have TM irons in the bag. Of all the choices out there he considered TM irons the best for his game? Or was it who would pay the most to have him as a staffer? Really thought he might go back to Titleist or even go to Mizuno. The article didn't mention if he was going to TM as a investor/player? I can just hear the conversation on the first tee this week. Hey you, Jason, DJ, I own this company so technically you work for me now. If you know what's good for you, you'll let the boss win! Ha ha ha

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I still can't believe he is going to have TM irons in the bag. Of all the choices out there he considered TM irons the best for his game? Or was it who would pay the most to have him as a staffer? Really thought he might go back to Titleist or even go to Mizuno. The article didn't mention if he was going to TM as a investor/player? I can just hear the conversation on the first tee this week. Hey you, Jason, DJ, I own this company so technically you work for me now. If you know what's good for you, you'll let the boss win! Ha ha ha

MDGolfHacker

The irons won't be in his bags for awhile yet.  I read that they are working on developing irons (blades) with him right now and they won't be ready for game action any time soon

The irons won't be in his bags for awhile yet.  I read that they are working on developing irons (blades) with him right now and they won't be ready for game action any time soon

That's what I have read too

I don't think it would have mattered today what irons he played.  As for the TM woods, it wasn't a good start.  Started out trying to hit draws and leaving them in the rough, then later in the round hooking into the rough and hazard.  He was absolutely lucky to only be +4.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I don't think it would have mattered today what irons he played.  As for the TM woods, it wasn't a good start.  Started out trying to hit draws and leaving them in the rough, then later in the round hooking into the rough and hazard.  He was absolutely lucky to only be +4.

Equipment can't fix alignment and swing path issues.

Archived