TESTERS WANTED! ×

Club Champion or Aloha Golf

Anyone been to either?

Looks like Club Champion is running a 50% off promo and Aloha Golf is popular (especially with tour players).

How do either compare to your free demo day club fittings (where you can't get a thorough test of your own irons). 

It looks like both are fairly expensive too.

I'm not familiar with Aloha, I've heard great things about Club Champion though.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I've used club champion in Rockville MD and had a great fitting experience. Did a whole bag a few years back and was pleased with the overall results. As far as setup goes they are hard to beat. Have almost every shaft/head combo out there. Be advised, the end product can get costly. The main benefit for me was an understanding of what shaft profiles fit me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That seems to be my impression too. The end result may be an exotic shaft paired with a 2017 head. It may be the optimal product, but I would much rather save $400+ by not going with PXG paired with a basileus shaft. Something I can get OEM would be perfect or even a 2016 comparable product.

I called club champion and they seem to fit players 5 handicap - 24 handicap. Aloha golf has players from the PGA Tour and mini tours stop by to get their gear checked. Seems cool.

That seems to be my impression too. The end result may be an exotic shaft paired with a 2017 head. It may be the optimal product, but I would much rather save $400+ by not going with PXG paired with a basileus shaft. Something I can get OEM would be perfect or even a 2016 comparable product.

I called club champion and they seem to fit players 5 handicap - 24 handicap. Aloha golf has players from the PGA Tour and mini tours stop by to get their gear checked. Seems cool.

They really didn't try to up sell me on anything which was nice. I walked in with a notion of what I wanted and they fit me for something completely different. They make their living on the fittings, not the club sales, at least that's my impression.

I've used club champion in Rockville MD and had a great fitting experience. Did a whole bag a few years back and was pleased with the overall results. As far as setup goes they are hard to beat. Have almost every shaft/head combo out there. Be advised, the end product can get costly. The main benefit for me was an understanding of what shaft profiles fit me.

This (shaft profile) is what I'm going for with my new driver

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Definitely - i'm looking for the best shaft combination too.

I called a couple of places in the Bay Area and it seems like unanimously the go-to place is Joe Kwok. But he charges $160/hour and he needs at least 3 hours for a full fitting. Kind of pricey.

probably hold off until a trip to Las Vegas in March and check out Aloha Golf

• 1 month later...

Archived