Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Bloodline Putters

McaseyM

Vijay Singh just won a PGA Tour Champions event using a Bloodline putter.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Was it AJ Tech that made the shaft? didnt have that club but tried a gripless shaft, forget what head I had it on though.

I believe the gripless shaft on the PHD was wound by a company called Exel Composites. They had some proprietary winding tech that was implemented in all sorts of light-weight graphite sporting equipment in the 90s but I don't think they manufacture golf shafts anymore.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

I believe the gripless shaft on the PHD was wound by a company called Exel Composites. They had some proprietary winding tech that was implemented in all sorts of light-weight graphite sporting equipment in the 90s but I don't think they manufacture golf shafts anymore.

I wasn't aware of that, I knew AJ Tech made gripless shafts, who would have thought there would be others  :lol:

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

I wasn't aware of that, I knew AJ Tech made gripless shafts, who would have thought there would be others  :lol:

The AJ Tech gripless shaft had some sort of tensile engineering error that did not react well in colder temps. I remember hearing a lot of horror stories about them shattering over the Winter months. I believe Arnold originally developed the PHD Extreme GL with the AJ Tech gripless shaft in mind but ended up having Exel design a similar product after the durability issues surfaced.

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

The shafts on these putters are not gripless. While not a traditional grip there is a definite grip area. Didn't study it enough to determine if/how to replace. It is round and feels good in the hands; probably somewhere between a superstroke 1.0 and 2.0 in size.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I haven't had it in hand but from analyzing a variety of photos it almost just appears to be whatever their grip material of choice is wrapped directly onto the shaft like old school clubs and baseball bats 

The shafts on these putters are not gripless. While not a traditional grip there is a definite grip area. Didn't study it enough to determine if/how to replace. It is round and feels good in the hands; probably somewhere between a superstroke 1.0 and 2.0 in size.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I haven't had it in hand but from analyzing a variety of photos it almost just appears to be whatever their grip material of choice is wrapped directly onto the shaft like old school clubs and baseball bats

I will try to remember to take a closer look when I goo in for my next round of testing. You are correct it seems like a wrap of some type. My guess is that the grip area of the shaft is not as thick as the shaft below the grip to make basically a seem less transition from shaft to grip.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Bloodline's initial units were truly gripless; then they started offering both options. Seems now the integrated leather wrap is the only build option. They list the leather wrap at 0.995", so the diameter is a touch smaller than the Super Stroke 1.0 and also has a slight taper. But in theory it should provide dramatically better feedback than any Super Stroke product. Very cool that Bloodline was included in MGS testing this year!

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

The AJ Tech gripless shaft had some sort of tensile engineering error that did not react well in colder temps. I remember hearing a lot of horror stories about them shattering over the Winter months. I believe Arnold originally developed the PHD Extreme GL with the AJ Tech gripless shaft in mind but ended up having Exel design a similar product after the durability issues surfaced.

Thanks for the info, I never knew that!!

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

• 3 weeks later...

Vijay Singh just won a PGA Tour Champions event using a Bloodline putter.

Vijay is still rolling the Bloodline R1-J Blade this week at Augusta... and quite well I might add.

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

Archived