Our Sponsors

Hmmm this TittleX has me interested for my winter golfing blues.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

For the price it seems like a pretty good value. I'm sure there's a cost for extra courses, but it beats sitting in front of your computer playing WGT...

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

They're not up on the KBS website yet, but Golfworks has them listed -- and they seem to be 15 grams lighter per shaft per flex. So C-Tapers in stiff are listed at 135 grams, the S-Tapers are listed at 120 grams.

Very psyched to have these lined up for Forum Testing!

I just looked and it seems like they're the same weight as C-tapers. Where S flex is 120g for both.

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I just looked and it seems like they're the same weight as C-tapers. Where S flex is 120g for both.

Doh! You are correct - I was looking at the parallel tip specs for the C-Tapers.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Enjoyed the Wilson booth, the Bettinardi booth to the point we did some youtube videos also.

I want to see the AR golf and confused them with another company that wanted to build putters after I fitted them

Yonex had a big presence, I am trying to figure if that was because Bridgestone  and Mizuno didn't show.

did you get to the golf mechanix booth? tool were very cool,,,,,

• Like 1

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Enjoyed the Wilson booth, the Bettinardi booth to the point we did some youtube videos also.

I want to see the AR golf and confused them with another company that wanted to build putters after I fitted them

Yonex had a big presence, I am trying to figure if that was because Bridgestone  and Mizuno didn't show.

did you get to the golf mechanix booth? tool were very cool,,,,,

I like how Wilson does the show -- fun booth at Demo Day and a modest conference room at the show to conduct some business.  

Can't express how much I liked the Yonex stuff -- mercy!  We did have a running gag through the show - heard from Yonex, Honma, Epon, Yamaha -- "we're spending the year trying to figure out North America." Once you get it, let the rest of us know!

Did not get to check out GolfMechanix - one of the many that slipped through he cracks. 

• Like 3

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Great stuff Barbs.

I also agree with the Wilson booth strategy.

Great display on Demo Day. See and hit the stuff. Then conduct business in the meeting room during the week.

Which is exactly what I did with our rep after you left.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Doh! You are correct - I was looking at the parallel tip specs for the C-Tapers.

Do you know if these will still have the counter balanced feel to them?

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Do you know if these will still have the counter balanced feel to them?

Nope - didn't get into it that deeply. 

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• SPY VIP

I like how Wilson does the show -- fun booth at Demo Day and a modest conference room at the show to conduct some business.  

Can't express how much I liked the Yonex stuff -- mercy!  We did have a running gag through the show - heard from Yonex, Honma, Epon, Yamaha -- "we're spending the year trying to figure out North America." Once you get it, let the rest of us know!

Did not get to check out GolfMechanix - one of the many that slipped through he cracks. 

The good news for the consumer, is all of these primarily Japanese companies are going to make some effort to figure it out - First step is getting to know who they are, what they make, how are they different, yada yada yada - and then can they come up with some type of plan to be successful in this market - 

Certainly a story we'll be working on!

• Like 1

Great pics and vids, thanks for all of the great work.  I especially like the look of everything Yonex and the Cleveland flag wedge. 

The Volvik balls reminded me of Vision balls in some of their designs.
  • Like 2

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash with Mitsubishi C6 Red 50 R-flex  shaft
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

I find it interesting that Yonex is at the PGA show if their stuff is not really available in the US. Are they looking to get into the US market this year?

Really like that Bettinardi queen b. Looks great.

Thanks for the update and pics.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Thanks to all that attended and reported all the new stuff coming out this year! Now to figure out what will make it into the bag... Lol

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Thanks to all that attended and reported all the new stuff coming out this year! Now to figure out what will make it into the bag... Lol

MDGolfHacker

I have a few catalogs you can browse...ha   Beyond that I spoke to seveal of our local reps who almost all agreed to doing a demo day out here this year.  Now just to make it happen!!

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12