Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Has anyone switched from progressive length to single length irons ?

The golfer was visually swing harder because they had a shorter club in their hands. Making poor contact

Yes that is what I meant. The minute the golfer got back into the regular rhythm the ball went better 

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Here's my professional* take on single length irons. It's going to be a passing fad-thing. I believe that golfers looking for a cure for a bad game will buy these mostly. Yes sure they probably do have some merit to one degree or another. But at this point in time and with my game (which is still fairly decent) I'm not running with SLI or Bryson DeChambeau.

*I'm actually not a professional golfer and nobody ever thought I was either. :ph34r:

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Here's my professional* take on single length irons. It's going to be a passing fad-thing. I believe that golfers looking for a cure for a bad game will buy these mostly. Yes sure they probably do have some merit to one degree or another. But at this point in time and with my game (which is still fairly decent) I'm not running with SLI or Bryson DeChambeau.

*I'm actually not a professional golfer and nobody ever thought I was either. :ph34r:

Have you ever tried them?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Stroker... I haven't. I have a 2 year old set of custom fitted clubs that I love and play well with. So... not in the market for any new sticks.

Go give them a try. They might be just what you're looking for. As the saying goes.... "you don't have to draw a picture. It's the number you write on the score card that counts."

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Stroker... I haven't. I have a 2 year old set of custom fitted clubs that I love and play well with. So... not in the market for any new sticks.

Go give them a try. They might be just what you're looking for. As the saying goes.... "you don't have to draw a picture. It's the number you write on the score card that counts."

I just think this statement is unfair:

"I believe that golfers looking for a cure for a bad game will buy these mostly."

I understand it's your belief but it just seems like you're passing judgement on something you've never tried.  I know of multiple single handicap/scratch players that use single length clubs.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Plaid...I felt the same way when I first heard about them.   then I got to try them first hand, both the F7 and One Forged, and I saw a real true benefit.   Like any club, you still have to put a good swing on it to get good results, but at least in my mind, taking the same stance for both the 5 and 9 iron, seemed so much  more natural and easy.    

I haven't bitten the bullet yet, but I'm pretty sure i will own a set at some point this year, to give them a real test. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

If I needed a new set of irons, I would seriously give single length a chance.  I did swing the Cobras at the PGA Superstore last month, and if fitted, I could play them.  However, if I did switch, I would likely choose the Edel clubs, even if they do cost more because I think they could be a better fit for my game.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived