Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

My Edel putter fitting

Orange Hog

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent the weekend playing with some buddies down in Orlando so I got in 5 rounds with the new Edel putter.  One of the guys commented how well the ball got rolling off the face, which I hadn't really noticed until he said something.  He was spot on, though.  I've not had the ball skip after impact thus far.  The ball rolls end over end so smoothly every time.  Distance control was really good and I didn't record a single 3-putt in 5 rounds of golf, so that's a positive note.

I need to keep working on reading greens better.  The ball went exactly where I wanted it to go but the misses were directly from mis-read putts, so that's all on me.

All that said, the Edel continues to impress beyond my wildest expectations.  I've got a tournament coming up in 2 weeks so it will be battle tested very soon.

• 2 months later...

Damn it, Hog!

Now I have to hit the Edel side by side vs the EVNROLL!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• 1 month later...

I liked this review so much that I booked an Edel fitting for next week. I'm a good putter, but streaky. Have used all sorts of styles, brands, counter weights and alignment aids. Recently started using Aimpoint to read putts. It cleared up the charter in my brain. I'm hopeful that this fitting will do the same with the actual putter. Thanks.

Archived