Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ping K15 Iron - 2011

GolfSpy_X

Looks nice, I never liked the green colors in their Rapture line... but I think it will confuse the average consumer since it's a DIFFERENT line with the Titanium face insert like Rapture V2 but it looks almost exactly like the G15 irons.

We shall see... drivers look good, too.

MY BAG

Driver:      Titleist 917D3 9.5, Fuji Speeder Pro Tour Spec 74 s-flex

Fairway:   Cobra Fly-z+ 15* x-flex
Irons:        Ping i25 4-PW (yellow dot), dynamic gold X100
Wedges:   Cleveland RTX 2.0 60*, TaylorMade TP EF 54*
Putter:       Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2, name stamped, II black oxide finish

Grips:        Golf Pride New Decade Midsize +2 wraps

• SPY VIP

I agree with you...I think there could be some confusion for the guy in the shop looking at the racks of clubs. He would never think to look at these as a new release. He would most likely think they were he G15 if he did not look very closely. Good point.

Looks nice, I never liked the green colors in their Rapture line... but I think it will confuse the average consumer since it's a DIFFERENT line with the Titanium face insert like Rapture V2 but it looks almost exactly like the G15 irons.

We shall see... drivers look good, too.

#TruthDigest

Slightly different than the G15s with a Ti face insert, I'm not totally sold on these, reason being I'm not sure how much of an improvement the insert will have vs. the G15s, My guess would be not much if any, however if the Ti insert is CNC milled, well than I'm sold!!!,lol

Titleist 909Dcomp 10.5º Aldila Voodoo svs6, 44" | Titleist 909F3 15º 18º | Ping Anser Forged, 3 - pw | Ping Tour W 54º 60º | SC Studio Select Newport 33" | Titleist ProV1x

I agree with you...I think there could be some confusion for the guy in the shop looking at the racks of clubs. He would never think to look at these as a new release. He would most likely think they were he G15 if he did not look very closely. Good point.

I want to say a new color scheme would do them some good, but Ping has had trouble in the past with their clubs being ugly, and a lot of people really like this color scheme.

When are the Anser forged irons coming to the US?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived