Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Custom Mallet Taking Shape in the Garage

We have had more than a few requests for mallets, recently LaMont put his hands to one of the Pamlico raw heads and this is what came out the other end. There are pictures of this one, next to the base head and a Cameron, for comparison sake, as well.

The head and hosel are 1018 carbon and tip the scales at 368 grams, as it sits. We would have plenty of room for milling a cavity, as one way of bringing the overall weight down, if needed. We could also use face milling as a way to take off a good amount, and still have a very solid feel and sound at impact.

Check out the pictures and let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Chris

2010_07220001.jpg

2010_07220003.jpg

2010_07220006.jpg

2010_07220005.jpg

2010_07130002.jpg

Chris Jordan

23836_1246921490608_1156541241_30561961_4305609_s.jpg

Sunset Beach Custom Putters

Email me

Driver: Adams Fast 10 w/ Matrix Ozik TP6HD

3 Wood: Nickent 3dx Tour 3+ w/ UST Mamiya Black

5 Wood: Bridgestone J38 / Motore F1

Hybrid: TM Rescue TP 22* w/ UST Mamiya Black

4-PW: Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity w/ Project X

52* and 58* - J38 Black Oxide w/ Project X

Putter - SSB Ocracoke in Oil-Rubbed Bronze

Ball - Srixon Z-Star Tour Diamond or Bridgestone B-330S

I personally love the symmetry of this putter. I've always had an issue with the shape of the Cameron that you've pictured here for that reason. Now I just want to see another example of that torched finish you showed on the left handed putter, and I'm sold!

I personally love the symmetry of this putter. I've always had an issue with the shape of the Cameron that you've pictured here for that reason. Now I just want to see another example of that torched finish you showed on the left handed putter, and I'm sold!

If you look at the website under the custom free options tab in any of the putters you can click on the finish options to see examples. I will see if I can dig up some other examples as well.

Chris Jordan

23836_1246921490608_1156541241_30561961_4305609_s.jpg

Sunset Beach Custom Putters

Email me

Driver: Adams Fast 10 w/ Matrix Ozik TP6HD

3 Wood: Nickent 3dx Tour 3+ w/ UST Mamiya Black

5 Wood: Bridgestone J38 / Motore F1

Hybrid: TM Rescue TP 22* w/ UST Mamiya Black

4-PW: Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity w/ Project X

52* and 58* - J38 Black Oxide w/ Project X

Putter - SSB Ocracoke in Oil-Rubbed Bronze

Ball - Srixon Z-Star Tour Diamond or Bridgestone B-330S

• 5 weeks later...

I spent some time, yesterday, dressing up the flange on this rascal. Hand-peening is something I did on one test putter, a few months ago, but I had not tried it on a SSB or MannKrafted, until this one. I started with a very small radius on the punch and it looked more like messy snow. I softened the tip a bit, creating a larger radius and went over it a second time. It looks much better after the second lap, but still has some need for a little more effort. I'll be working on it when I have some free time, or to break the cycle of work that HAS to happen.

Hand-peening is not an uncharted territory in golf. I remember seeing it in several areas, as a kid growing up in Montana, as well. A lot of the old time bars and hotels had this type of finish, on a much larger scale, decorating the tin ceilings of their establishments. I am not sure that everyone will flip for it, but that is what putters are all about................we all have our preferences and there is someone working to fill everyone's order for that "Dream Putter."

Thanks for checking out this latest work and have a great week!

LaMont in AZ

2010_08240005.jpg

2010_08240004.jpg

2010_08240003.jpg

I love that finish... I have the same type of hammered finish on my wedding band... Very original... Love it...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Archived