TESTERS WANTED! ×

Grips: What are you playing now?

MGoBlue100

One negative comment on the DTX...  if you have trouble pulling clubs and getting them back into the bag, the DTX will be worse.  On my trip to AZ this month I used my old carry bag to save weight.  My clubs kept binding in the bag.  That doesn't happen as much with my SM cart bag.

Oh by the way, TSA did this to my bag when they pulled the clubs at the airport.

IMG_0615.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One negative comment on the DTX... if you have trouble pulling clubs and getting them back into the bag, the DTX will be worse. On my trip to AZ this month I used my old carry bag to save weight. My clubs kept binding in the bag. That doesn't happen as much with my SM cart bag.

Oh by the way, TSA did this to my bag when they pulled the clubs at the airport.

attachicon.gifIMG_0615.jpg

I don't understand the TSA & their fetish with destroying the packing you've done, especially of your golf bag. Useless agency, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I don't understand the TSA & their fetish with destroying the packing you've done, especially of your golf bag. Useless agency, IMO.

And they certainly don't put the clubs back in the same place!!  I have a collection of TSA search cards they place in the travel bag.  I leave all of the old ones in there!  Some airports search bags electronically, but mine isn't one of them.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

NDMC for me but may check out the new SS grips when its time for my next grip change

I liked the NDMC.  I had them before I went Pure.  My only issue with them was they barely lasted a season before they got slick, and with no glove, that is no bueno!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally regripped a few clubs with the Pure DTX. Feeling was different but I did like them.

I noticed they felt thinner than my lamkins even though both are midsize and both had one layer of tape.

Anyone notice this or is it just me thinking it's thinner because of the difference in texture?

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a bunch of Gripmaster Pittards wrap grips.  Good feel, good tack, and they are wraps.  I can't get behind stitchbacks.

Tour Issue Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero 9° / Graphite Design P9003 TX  OR  Tour Issue Taylormade M1 430 9.5° / Graphite Design P9003 TX                        

Tour Issue Callaway XHot 3 Deep 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX                    Tour Issue Callaway XHot 3 Deep 13° / Project X T1100 95g 6.5

Tour Issue Titleist 915Hd 17.5° / Graphite Design DI-105 X                                Tour Issue Callaway BB Alpha 815 18° / Graphite Design DI-105 X

Scratch AR-1 v2 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7                                        Raw Bridgestone J15CB 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7

Scratch FIT 54°DS and 60°DS / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7                            Bettinardi H2 Forged 54° and 60° / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7        

Rotating 8802 style putters

Lamkin UTX have been solid for me, and the price you can find them for vs GP, makes them a keeper for me!!!

WITB: 

TM 2017 M1 440 w/ Aldila Rogue Silver X

TM 2016 M1 15* 3 Wood w/ Aldila Rogue Silver X

TM 2016 M2 4 Rescue Hybrid w/ Aldila Rogue Black S

TM PSi Tours P - 3i (One too many clubs :D ) w/ DG Tour Issue X100

Titleist SM6 60,56,52 w/ DG Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

TM Spider Tour Red

Titleist 14 way bag  :)  :)

MCC+4 for me. Might try out some new grips later this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Going to try my first Pure DTX grip on a fwy wood...

pure.jpg

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Just regripped the MacGregors over the weekend with Pure wraps -  midsize, and am toying around with the JumboMax. I ordered a couple more of them this weekend - the junior size based on JumboMax's recommendation. We'll see how it works out.

Have NDMC in Platinum on the Wilson's - maybe the nicest looking grip in the lineup.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Recently switched to Pure grip pro. So far am liking them. I just got a Pure Big Dog for a putter as well, feels nice.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Switched my factory golfpride multi compound grips over to the MCC plus 4 grips for this season. The added thickness on the bottom of the grip reduces the need for extra tape. Awesome feel and can't wait to play this season.

What's In My Bag...

Driver:  Looking for a new one.....

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small:  Great Big Bertha Fairway 2015, 14°, Aldila Rouge Silver 60 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Epic 18° Hybrid

Irons:  :callaway-small: 2015 XR Pro: 5-PW, KBS Tour-v90, Golfpride MCC Plus 4 Grips

Wedges:  :callaway-small:  MD3 Wedge in 50°(GW), 54°(SW), and 58°(LW), True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: Odyssey Works #1 Versa with a Superstroke mid-slim 2.0 counter weight grip

Ball:  :callaway-small: Chrome Soft or :bridgestone-small:

Shoes: Puma Disc Ignite & Skechers Elite

Bag: 2016  :callaway-small: Hyperlite 5

Gave the Pure DTX a try but fell back to the Lamkin REL Ace 3GEN. Just ordered 10 to replace a few and save the rest.

I did do the free superstroke grip so who knows, I may like it.

Anyone play them (the S tech)?

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I re-gripped last year with Golf Pride MCC Plus 4's and I love 'em.

The textured cord up top helps my stability and the larger lower hand prevents me from gripping too tightly with my right hand.

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 and Gripmaster leather for the putter!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver-    Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Aldila Rouge Max 75X 

3 Wood- Callaway GBB Epic 15 Aldila Rouge Max 85X

Hybrid-   Callaway GBB Epic 19 UST Recoil F4

Irons-      Callaway CF Apex 16'  4-PW S300

Wedges- Titleist SM6 GW/SW/LW S300

Putter-    Ping Anser Sigma G w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0

Ball-        Bridgestone B330/ TaylorMade TP4/ Titleist ProV1

Grips-     Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grey

Put the Iomic Sticky 2.3's on my Irons.

Like them so far as I have always been a smaller handle/grip guy since my baseball days. Standard Full Cords were tried and true for me, and the smaller butt on the Iomics is different but not an issue for my irons. 

Had my top 100 of 2107 down the street put them on and as the review here pointed out with these sizing can be the thing. Having gone to a plus 3-4 for knuckle pain these are great for that, but did need some attention to get them there.

After sizing one to 'spec' the rest were done. Long story short; 2 had to be redone.

And the Iomic Midsize will get a look in the future for consistency per size.

The Star Tour Star non taper is an awesome grip for me and my woods, now. Blow on and tight, I was told. And again sizing, per stretch on these for woods, was the thing that needed some additional attention.

Having had the pro shop at hand grips were an easy and regular thing to have messed with especially as one size fit all. In the end for one who is a picky sort where his sticks are concerned its time to roll the sleeves up and get er done diy style.

Archived