Our Sponsors

Major mixed bag...

Driver- lamkin REL

Fairway & Hybrid: GP MCC +4

4i-PW: GP tour wrap 2g

50/55/60 wedges: pure P2 wrap

I love the comfort and feel of the MCC+4 for the longer clubs, keeps my grip tension lighter but like the wrap feel for the irons and wedges.

The ease of install and tackiness of the Pure grips is a big selling point. You don't need the gun, just a air tool with a small tip

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Accra TZ5 Proto 65 M5 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Tour Blue 75X 

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, TT DG S300 HS 1x

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX 45.8, 50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S300

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not meaning to jack the post or anything. I've already commented on my grip choice. But... I'm been getting myself setup to start re-gripping my clubs after about a 2 decade layoff. So today I mounted

I don't understand the TSA & their fetish with destroying the packing you've done, especially of your golf bag. Useless agency, IMO.     Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've been using PURE for 3+ seasons now.  I love them.  If you prefer to install them traditionally with tape and solvent you can absolutely do that.  I play the PURE Pro grip and have no complaints.

Posted Images

Lamkin Crossline ACE currently.  I have always played Lamkin.  As I have said before, I have issues  ^_^.  I can't stand anything on my hands.  I have never been able to wear a watch or gloves.  Lamkin has always served me very well given I can't wear a glove.

• Like 3

Not meaning to jack the post or anything. I've already commented on my grip choice. But... I'm been getting myself setup to start re-gripping my clubs after about a 2 decade layoff. So today I mounted a new vice. Ain't it purdy?

attachicon.gif20170205_133358.jpg

Pretty clean in there; just sayin'

• Like 1

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Driver Graphite Design AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - AW)  KBS Tour 130x

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Wedges (54, 58)
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

Not meaning to jack the post or anything. I've already commented on my grip choice. But... I'm been getting myself setup to start re-gripping my clubs after about a 2 decade layoff. So today I mounted a new vice. Ain't it purdy?

attachicon.gif20170205_133358.jpg

I found that a plastic container (9"x14") from Walmart is cheaper that aluminum turkey pan, to use as catch pan.

Also use a small funnel inserted into end of grip to pour solvent.

But all this is if you're not blowing grips on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

For those who haven't but are thinking of doing it their selves.

Tee is to keep solvent in grip. Poor solvent in grip, poor from grip to shaft remove tee & funnel, slip grip on. Poor back to solvet using funnel. And pretty much Wala. 20170206_145337.jpg20170206_145402.jpg

20170206_145255.jpg

• Like 1

For those who haven't but are thinking of doing it their selves.

Tee is to keep solvent in grip. Poor solvent in grip, poor from grip to shaft remove tee & funnel, slip grip on. Poor back to solvet using funnel. And pretty much Wala. 20170206_145337.jpg 20170206_145402.jpg

20170206_145255.jpg

Buy a cheap spray bottle, and use that to spray it into the grip instead of using a funnel, I also just put my finger over the small hole instead of Using a tee.

• Like 2

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I was also in the market for grips and after a bunch of research, including this site, went with the Pure pros. They are supposed to be similar in style to the Lamkin Crosslines I have been using on my irons but I like the many color options and they sound like they are durable. Also very intrigued by the installation with air so will give that a try.

• Like 1
:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Was in the SuperStroke S-Tech Midsize and they were really good. But have gone back to the good old Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize

In my bag:

Driver: :honma: TR20 460 9.5* Vizard TR20 60X

Wood: :mizuno-small: ST200 TS Dimana D+PLUS Limited Edition 70X

Hybrids: :mizuno-small: CLK 19* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX

Irons: :honma: TW 747 Rose Proto 4-PW Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: :honma: TW-W4 52*, 56*, and 60*Modus Tour 125 Wedge 

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I'm a Best Grips convert.

Years ago I gamed them on my clubs and loved them, but wanted to move to more of a standard grip to test them out. So I switched to NDMC's and they were nice grips. With the new set though I went all Best Grip MicroPerfs and couldn't be happier. Tackier than anything you'll get your hands on (not sticky, tacky. There's a noticeable difference) and yet comfortable to hold. They have a great slightly tapered feel and just look classic.

If you get them, realize they are expensive (but they'll likely never wear out) and also that you have to have them installed properly due to the ridge on the back.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I'm with Shawn, I'm also a Best Grips convert. I used to exclusively play Golf Pride MCC. I went to Texas to play with a few members, including the BestGrips owner. It was an absolute downpour, but we played anyway. The first 4-5 swings I took, the club flew farther than the ball, meanwhile Mr BestGrips was just swinging away with no issues. I swung one of his clubs and I was hooked. I ordered a set as soon as I got home and every club I've owned over the past 5 years has had a Best Grips MicroPerf on it.

• Like 1

For you guy's that play the Pure DTX, I don't use a glove, do you think I'd have any issues switching from the Pro to those?

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've been using the CP2 last year or two I guess. GP bills them as the softest grip they make but I don't find them that way personally. Prior to switching to the CP2 I tried some version Winn Dri-Tac and removed them after one round. Felt like a sponge to me.

Grips are a pretty personal thing for sure. I'll be re-gripping soon.

Switched to the CP2's last year for this reason:

A reduced taper design allows for even grip pressure in each hand

What a difference!  Didn't realize such a minor thing would help...but it did for me.

• Like 1

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

For you guy's that play the Pure DTX, I don't use a glove, do you think I'd have any issues switching from the Pro to those?

I recommend trying one, I use them without a glove but I could see where some people would not care for them without a glove. If you've used a cord grip without a glove and were fine with it then you should be ok...

• Like 2

I do not wear a glove, haven't in about 10 years.  I switched to Pure Pro about 4 years ago and while I like them, I tried the DTX when it first came out and loved them.  If you haven't played cords before, they will certainly feel very rough.  I played cords before I went with the Pure Pros, so going to the DTX was not a big deal.  After playing them for awhile, they will feel normal.  I like them because I feel like I can hold onto the grip a little lighter and still maintain control.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”