TESTERS WANTED! ×

Odyssey O-works new line

Kor.A.Door

Anyone check these out on Callaway site, it sounds like Toulon had a hand in the making of these. They look pretty nice, but I haven't heard too much about them. The site shows that shipping will start 2/17/17. I'm kind of interested, but not sure.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'm also interested in trying them when they come out.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Callaway had a demo day a couple weeks ago, the had one O Works to play with.

Felt good, but I am going to cut my putter buy down big time this year.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Definitely want take a look at these putters, very nice colors and cool concept

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• 1 month later...

I used to have a Versa Tank #7 and regret getting rid of it. Found the O-Works version of it and loved the feel. Just don't know if I want to spend the $$ on another putter

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

We brought them in this year and the feel is far better than previous years. More solid is the best way to describe it.

I like the color combination along with the sight lines.

To me, the best thing they did was offer up models that had something other one shaft offset.

I personally liked the tank models. but found the #9 to work best and I am not a fan of the shape. Maybe I will be going forward.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I pulled the trigger on this bad boy after several hours of testing at the PGA Superstore. Coming off of a few years of putter switching and indecisiveness I've found my gamer.

Sent from my SM-G920P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

IMG_20170313_155059.jpeg

Driver - Ping G30 9* set to 9.6*(x)
Woods - Callaway XR Pro 3 wood(x), Nike Vapor 5 wood
Irons - Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW  Project X Rifle 6.0  1/2" long
Wedges - Callway Mack Daddy 2 52*, PM Grind 56*, 60*
Putter - O-Works #1W  35in 1* flat 
Ball - Chrome Soft with Truvis Tech or Chrome Soft X

I have the 1W. Bought it on a whim..... great putter but I'm sticking to my old trusty anser. For sale!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver-    Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Aldila Rouge Max 75X 

3 Wood- Callaway GBB Epic 15 Aldila Rouge Max 85X

Hybrid-   Callaway GBB Epic 19 UST Recoil F4

Irons-      Callaway CF Apex 16'  4-PW S300

Wedges- Titleist SM6 GW/SW/LW S300

Putter-    Ping Anser Sigma G w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0

Ball-        Bridgestone B330/ TaylorMade TP4/ Titleist ProV1

Grips-     Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grey

I purchased the new O Works two ball putter. Game changer. Eliminated a lot of three putts just based on feel. I'm a 8 handicap and can see it dropping just because of the feel I get with the putter.

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased the new O Works two ball putter. Game changer. Eliminated a lot of three putts just based on feel. I'm a 8 handicap and can see it dropping just because of the feel I get with the putter.

That's good to hear, I love the look of the new 2-ball better than any of the rest of the line, especially the black shaft.

WITB
Driver: :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha udesign
Woods: :callaway-small: XR 3w, 7w
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX EZ Forged 2016 4-G
Wedge: :ping-small: Eye 2 Gorge S
Putter: Odyssey Works Versa 2-Ball Fang

Ball: :callaway-small: Supersoft 2017

That's good to hear, I love the look of the new 2-ball better than any of the rest of the line, especially the black shaft.

These feel very different from previous models from Odyssey, I thought I would like them, but after putting with them they didn't feel right. You may want to try one a few times before purchase. The black shaft is a cost upgrade as well. The are a very nice putter, but it didn't work for me, and clearly by starting this thread I was all in on one until I putted with one. Just keep your options open when looking.

I love the look of these. But I fooled around with these in the shop and hated the feel. I played a tournament for a business trip in Cali a couple weeks ago and they had the 1W Original Works Tank and I drained everything. I won a $100 gift card for the shop at the course and they had the works tank for $120 bought one and shipped it up home.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I currently use the evnroll Er2, which is a GREAT putter. I love everything, but I feel like if I am outside of 20 feet I can't get the ball to the hole. I ordered the 1W O-works because I loved the feel of the putter when I tried it out. I wanted to compare the two to see if the O-works could compete inside of 10 feet, but give me some help when I screw up from afar. 

Plus all the pros are switching to this insert which must say something. Its one thing to play the clubs, but a lot of the pros don't seem switch inserts for their putters easily.

Andrew - Lexington, KY

Handicap: 12

Righty

Driver:  Taylormade M1 2017 Project X HZRDUS Black 70 x-stiff

4 Wood:  Callaway Rogue Project X HZRDUS Yellow 85 x-stiff

Hybrids:  Titleist 816 h1 21* Diamana D+ White 90hy

Irons: Srixon Z 565 4i, Z 765 5-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges:  Callaway MD3 50* & 54*, PM Grind 58* Project X 6.0

Putter:  Callaway O-Works Two Ball 34"

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft X

Bag:   Ping Hoofer 14

Why is there never a #8 option in the Odyssey lines anymore? What was the last #8 offering? Metal X Milled? Black Series Tour Design maybe?

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

New models sighted at the Valero Texas Open. #5, 5CS, 2MCS, 330M (black), 2W (black), #1 (black), and 3T (Rory's proto). Not if/when these will come to retail, but Oworks looks like the committed line for Odyssey in 2017. Still no #8 though...

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Why is there never a #8 option in the Odyssey lines anymore? What was the last #8 offering? Metal X Milled? Black Series Tour Design maybe?

The last one I remember was the Metal X version, I don't recall seeing it in the milled collections.

Tried out the Oworks 2ball and #2 this week. Found the new insert to be really hot off the face with minimal feedback. Granted, I've been playing with the Sentio Sierra soft blade for the last four months, but I wasn't as impressed as I was with the White Hot Rx line. 

• 1 month later...

Archived