Car thread

jlew2144

Ahhh, you just dropped down on my list. Lol. Here's one of my tattoos

attachicon.gifF%20emb.jpg

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I still have one Ford hanging around even if it is in pretty much VIN number only.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough, but I like the thrill of going into a corner at 120-160.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My wife liked the color, so... ;)

AND, my golf clubs fit in the trunk!!

01VetShowroom.jpg01VetteSide.jpg01VetteR-Side.jpg

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

So.............. what is the one car you regret getting rid of?

Mine is a 1970 Hemi 'Cuda: 4 spd. 4:11 Dana rear end, Loud Mouth Lime paint, Mach 1 rear spoiler (dealer option), black interior with Hearst Pistol Grip shifter. Only 657 Hemi 'Cudas made in 1970. Only 147 were 4 spd...... and the Lime green was a rare paint color. If I still had that car, I would have no worries financially going into the future. Live and learn, as they say.

Mine is a 1970 Hemi 'Cuda: 4 spd. 4:11 Dana rear end, Loud Mouth Lime paint, Mach 1 rear spoiler (dealer option), black interior with Hearst Pistol Grip shifter. Only 657 Hemi 'Cudas made in 1970. Only 147 were 4 spd...... and the Lime green was a rare paint color. If I still had that car, I would have no worries financially going into the future. Live and learn, as they say.

Mine was nothing that sweet, but in 2008 I had a Pontiac G6 that was paid off with fairly low miles. A guy I graduated had an SRT4 Neon that "needed just a little work." I was stupid and sold my G6, hoping to fix that SRT4 and make a good profit on it. Turns out it needed a lot of TLC. Had to end up selling it without fixing it. One of the worst purchases I've made. Young and dumb.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

A coworker of mine used to fix up cars in his spare time. He offered to sell me a cherry red Porsche 944. It looked brand new, but not enough room for car seats in the back :-(

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

My 40th Anniversary 2004 Mustang GT convertible. The engine was pulled after 1k miles and was given a full Saleen treatment with a supercharger and custom headers and exhaust. Put close to 800hp to the ground and was a blast to drive. Two young kids at the time made it not as practical to drive them around in. At least I was smart enough to keep my 88 LX drag car and at some point I will get some time to wrench on it a bit.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

As long as your clubs fit in it :)

Sent from my SM-N920T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It's a real drag having to haul clubs in the passenger seat!

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I have a 2002 911 Cab. The only way clubs fit in is if you move the passenger back and lower the back of the seat as far back as it will go. That way my clubs ride very comfortably in the front.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I have a 2002 911 Cab. The only way clubs fit in is if you move the passenger back and lower the back of the seat as far back as it will go. That way my clubs ride very comfortably in the front.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

There is no reason to let a passenger ride in comfort and a chance your clubs could get hurt!!

Well, my 2014 Charger R/T needs new shoes.  When I bought the car, it came with all the bells and whistles, some I didn't want but the price was right.  Now that I need new tires, the 245/45R20 size doesn't look that attractive anymore.  The best deal I could find was at the Dodge dealer which had a buy 3 get the 4th for a dollar.  

So, while waiting I wandered through the showroom and lot.  They have 3 Hellcats... a bright yellow Charger, an all black Charger, and an orange and black Challenger.  The black Charger is the first one I have seen with Hellcat graphics on the side and hood.

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well, my 2014 Charger R/T needs new shoes. When I bought the car, it came with all the bells and whistles, some I didn't want but the price was right. Now that I need new tires, the 245/45R20 size doesn't look that attractive anymore. The best deal I could find was at the Dodge dealer which had a buy 3 get the 4th for a dollar.

So, while waiting I wandered through the showroom and lot. They have 3 Hellcats... a bright yellow Charger, an all black Charger, and an orange and black Challenger. The black Charger is the first one I have seen with Hellcat graphics on the side and hood.

attachicon.gifIMG_0685.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0684.JPG

When I bought my Challenger Hellcat I came close to changing and pulling the trigger on an all black Charger. They moved to the Hellcat badge in 2016 and I believe in 2015 they just had supercharged on the fender. Just saw they introduced a Charger Daytona that I am going to look at this weekend.

WITB 2024

When I bought my Challenger Hellcat I came close to changing and pulling the trigger on an all black Charger. They moved to the Hellcat badge in 2016 and I believe in 2015 they just had supercharged on the fender. Just saw they introduced a Charger Daytona that I am going to look at this weekend.

Yeah, they had a Charger Daytona in the showroom too, but didn't get a look at it.  The all black Charger with the Hellcat graphics was ONLY $63K which is $10K less than the yellow/black one.  I was tempted.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yeah, they had a Charger Daytona in the showroom too, but didn't get a look at it. The all black Charger with the Hellcat graphics was ONLY $63K which is $10K less than the yellow/black one. I was tempted.

That is a steal for that car. My Hellcat was a bit more than that just do to the options that were in it.

WITB 2024

With the current RVs available, it may be somewhat dated, but I have heard it said--that you can live in a car but can't drive a house.   Never the less, at this point in my life, it makes no sense to buy a car that costs as much as my house. 

With the current RVs available, it may be somewhat dated, but I have heard it said--that you can live in a car but can't drive a house.   Never the less, at this point in my life, it makes no sense to buy a car that costs as much as my house. 

I knew a guy that lived in a small Winnebago with his wife and 3 little kids for two years because they didn't have enough money to live in a house.

I leave my sports car at home find myself driving my Honda element more than anything. Plenty of room for my siberian husky and of course the golf clubs. I don't know what it is about this car but I've always loved it and choose it over my other 2 cars daily..

I do the same most days.  My toy is a year old and has 5k miles on it and I anticipate putting about half of that on it over the next year.

WITB 2024

I do the same most days.  My toy is a year old and has 5k miles on it and I anticipate putting about half of that on it over the next year.

Can you really empty the tank in less than 15 minutes?   B)

Can you really empty the tank in less than 15 minutes? B)

It is actually not terrible on gas. I got 19 mpg combined for city and highway over the first 5k miles. It is brutal if it is just city driving but it really is not a car you buy for good gas mileage.

WITB 2024

• 3 weeks later...

Most days, my nice cars are garaged and I drive the "daily beaters" for routine errands.  I live 1 1/4 mile from the paved roads and it takes me almost as long to get my nice cars TO the highway, as it would to drive one of my beaters to town.  My '81 Mercedes and '68 Cutlass live in town and seldom visit my house anymore ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

• 2 weeks later...

My Hellcat turned 1 today. To celebrate we dusted a Vette and a GTO. The Vette hung strong to 120 or so...the GTO looked great in my rear view mirror.

WITB 2024

I enjoy seeing the cars in this post. Some are pretty bad-A$$ too.

Wish I had the guts to go get myself a cool old muscle car.

Hmmm  :unsure:

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• SPY VIP

I had a big post written up in here once documenting the history my cars and when I went post my browser eff'd up and lost it, so I gave the f*ck up lol

Anyways I'll share a photo from my early 90's lowrider years when I spent weekends driving up and down the coast, from Vancouver to LA competing in car shows. Wish I still had the issue, but this ride was featured in Orlies Lowrider Magazine once.

jimmy-beach.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

That's pretty cool. I'd like to see some more of those.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 4 weeks later...

My brother-in-law restored this 1970 Z28 Camaro and is thinking about selling it. Beautiful car and you should see the engine.   Pristine is an under statement. 

19105761_1765438786805716_88374560477601

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 2 weeks later...

My brother-in-law restored this 1970 Z28 Camaro and is thinking about selling it. Beautiful car and you should see the engine. Pristine is an under statement.

19105761_1765438786805716_88374560477601

I think the term I'm looking for to describe that is absolute pure sex, that thing is just so beautiful.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Archived