TESTERS WANTED! ×

The air down there....

StrokerAce

Would not catch me dead in these things.

NEVER.

EVER.

EVER.  

http://thebiglead.com/2017/02/07/nikes-new-air-jordan-i-golf-shoes-look-decent/

air_jordan_i_golf_original.jpg

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

definitely not my style either, not sure where high tops come in to golf.  BUT, many will like them and wear them, more power to them.  Might be a generational thing

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Not a fan. I prefer the more classic look for shoes. I'm sure this will appeal to a younger set though.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Reminds me of a time I was sitting in a Golf Club grill with a lady friend and she saw some dude wearing a pair of cowboy boots with spikes in the them. (I know -  Texas) She remarked how cool that was. I immediately scoffed and told her the dude's a goof-ball. My friend is a big tennis fan and used to play a mean game in her day. She then went on to inform me how Pu$$y golf shoes looked on men. LOL That's when I said, "so it'd be cool to see your big time tennis player boy wearing cowboy boots at Wimbledon?" What do you think her response was to that?  Of course not she said and besides it wouldn't look good on a tennis court. Thank you I said. But it went right over her head.

She's an idiot. And... a $hitty golfer too.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Doesn't really matter what we think.  They will sell out in .5 seconds.

That said I have no problems with these.  I'd probably wear them too, just never going to buy them.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Reminds me of a time I was sitting in a Golf Club grill with a lady friend and she saw some dude wearing a pair of cowboy boots with spikes in the them. (I know -  Texas) She remarked how cool that was. I immediately scoffed and told her the dude's a goof-ball. My friend is a big tennis fan and used to play a mean game in her day. She then went on to inform me how Pu$$y golf shoes looked on men. LOL That's when I said, "so it'd be cool to see your big time tennis player boy wearing cowboy boots at Wimbledon?" What do you think her response was to that?  Of course not she said and besides it wouldn't look good on a tennis court. Thank you I said. But it went right over her head.

She's an idiot. And... a $hitty golfer too.

I actually had a pair of Cowboy Boot golf shoes back in the day. Some outfit from Texas sent them to my old man and my old man hated Cowboy boots of any shape form or fashion. Guess who wore them? Me of course.

On the original subject I would wear them for the ankle support but then again since I have been on certain meds (Hydro Pills) since April of 16 my ankle swelling and pain has went away. I actually have walked 27 holes in the last two weeks in my low top Nike Luneron shoes. For the record I used to be a FJ Classic man until they got so darn expensive. Right now I have a pair of Dry Joys (freebie) and those Nike ones which were also a freebie

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I'm on the fence with these. Love their looks but I'd need to try them on before buying to see how the swing felt in them.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Doesn't really matter what we think. They will sell out in .5 seconds.

That said I have no problems with these. I'd probably wear them too, just never going to buy them.

What if they were BOA? Lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

At first I thought you meant the tights, but those shoes aren't the worst thing

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I'd wear them, but I'd never pay the price thats going to be on them.

I will also wait on the price but we do have a Nike outlet store here. I can see big sales on them with some of the kids taking the spikes out and wearing them. or just wearing the spikes down

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

definitely not my style either, not sure where high tops come in to golf. BUT, many will like them and wear them, more power to them. Might be a generational thing

Their not much my style either, however I would consider wearing them since I have bad ankles. With that said I would not pay what they cost. I'd rather tweak my ankle and keep on playing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Would not catch me dead in these things.

NEVER.

EVER.

EVER.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/02/07/nikes-new-air-jordan-i-golf-shoes-look-decent/

attachicon.gifair_jordan_i_golf_original.jpg

I'm sure Nike & MJ are crushed. You should buy them ALL, to make sure they're never seen on any course, anywhere, LOLZ.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

• SPY VIP

I wanted a pair the second I saw them. Foolishly I thought this release would be different and I'd have a reasonable chance to get a pair by logging on and buying from the website. 

But....they never showed up on the site and once the inventory message showed "unavailable" you could hop on any number of auction sites and happily pay $400 for a pair...

Such a freakin' joke...and yes, I still want a pair..

Basketball..yes, golf..no!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Dating myself here but I actually had these same pair of the very first AJ when they came out in the 80's. remember my parents not being able to believe they were $60.00 New (boy how I wouldn't love to spend only $60 on shoes for my children and myself today). But back on topic... not my fancy at all for golf, but I can see where these brands are marketing the younger crowd with these flashy off the wall shoes... be on the look out for them this summer on your course, bet they're worn by the under 25 crowd....

Where were the big cats playing a major the past couple years that footing was such an issue, Chambers Bay? Anyone recall?

I can definitely see the benefit of high top ankle support in certain situations. One of the worst ankle rolls in my life came from a misstep into a bunker; I was done for weeks. If the manufacturers can keep them light while adding ankle support I can envision situations (cold, wet, lumpy) where I'd want them on my feet. But I'm also the guy who wears old TrueLinkswear PHXs everywhere I go.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

• SPY VIP

Where were the big cats playing a major the past couple years that footing was such an issue, Chambers Bay? Anyone recall?

I can definitely see the benefit of high top ankle support in certain situations. One of the worst ankle rolls in my life came from a misstep into a bunker; I was done for weeks. If the manufacturers can keep them light while adding ankle support I can envision situations (cold, wet, lumpy) where I'd want them on my feet. But I'm also the guy who wears old TrueLinkswear PHXs everywhere I go.

I just want them b/c of how they look. Those original shoes were a significant part of my childhood. Still trying to find a pair!

Archived