TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Town

jamo

Has anyone ever heard of Golf Town? Here is their website.

This sort of makes me think they are canadian, also on their main site they have a little canadaian flag in the top right.

Anyway they are opening one up not to far from me, so I am wondering if they are any good, if they carry used clubs, if they do clubfitting and grips and stuff. I am leaving for college in about a month so it might not even open in time, but I'm now kind of curious.

They are indeed Canadian, sort of our Golf Galaxy if I'm drawing the right inferences from people's comments about them.

They don't carry used clubs, and only some times do trade ins. They will be grips/shaft adjusting for you as well. Club fitting eh... sort of? They will have a bunch of launch monitors and knowledgable staff to help you out if you're looking for a specific club. If you want to do a full club fitting they usually charge for it. I believe it's $90 or so.

Usually pretty good staff, they don't tend to higher wet behind the ear high school kids unless they really know their stuff

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• 3 weeks later...

I shop at the Ottawa, Ontario location and the staff are very knowledgeable and very friendly. They do club fitting for free if you buy em there. They have 4 swing cages with swing analysis, launch monitors and some of the best simulator screens i've seen. They carry all the brands and prices aren't bad. They have great techs that do re-shafting and re-gripping with the customer's needs and wants in mind.

Golf Town! It's like my second home. Pretty much golf galaxy or any other golf store but it's canadian so obviously way better ;)

WITB

Taylormade Light Stand Bag

Titleist 913 D3 8.5 X-Stiff Diamana Whiteboard D+72

Titleist 910 F 15 X-Stiff Matrix Ozik Black Tie 8M3

3 Iron Adams Super DHY 21 X-Stiff Matrix Ozik White Tie Altus HX3

4-PW Mizuno MP32s Project X 6.5 

50,54,58 Titleist Vokey Spin Milled + SM4 DG S300

Nike Method Putter

Golf Town is like the Wal Mart of golf in Canada, or otherwise Golf Galaxy in the states. Im not familiar with Golf Galaxy, just like im sure Americans are not familiar with Golf Town, but in comparison they are the same, lots of stock but zero customer service. So I have heard.

Fairways and Greens

;) :(

Golf Town is like the Wal Mart of golf in Canada, or otherwise Golf Galaxy in the states. Im not familiar with Golf Galaxy, just like im sure Americans are not familiar with Golf Town, but in comparison they are the same, lots of stock but zero customer service. So I have heard.

Sheesh- I feel REALLY left out. No Golf Town, no Golf Galaxy, no Dick's... this sucks. I can't even complain about the ones that I've heard suck, because I don't have first-hand knowledge. :(

• 6 months later...

Not a bad store, also if they don't carry it in store they'll get it for you quickly.

The website really doesn't do the store justice at all.

They do lessons, fittings, demo days, repairs etc. high end right through the spectrum,

I'd love to check one out. But with the nearest being over 200 miles away, that probably won't happen. :(

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I love browse around GolfTown but I no longer buy any clubs or get them readjusted or regripped there. The stock clubs they have are very unpredictable. For example, my good golfing buddy bought some irons there a couple years ago and then last year he took them to Precision Golf to get the lie and length to his liking and it turns out one of the shafts was a ladies shaft. Also, I got a club reshafted there in the summer and the head flew off about a week later on the range. And then last week I got my putter regripped there and they put the new one on crooked. Last week was the last straw, I will still buy balls and other things like that there but as for clubs, stay away.

• 1 month later...

I bought my second set of clubs there - a Jazz set that was supposed to be matched. Not even close! So I had to find a fitter to re-shaft my irons. He did but I still think there are some issues with them. And so that is how I embarked on building my own clubs.

Good place to shop for accessories - if you know what you are looking for and it is on the shelf. Staff there try but when the place gets busy, good luck getting their attention (like any large box store operation I have been in).

Would never buy clubs there or get them re-gripped or re-shafted now that I am doing them myself.

We have two stores here, the one on the northside of town looks terrible on the outside. There are pigeons roosting on the sign just above the main entrance so there is bird guano all over the sign, the main doors and the sidewalk leading into the store. You would think they would hire a pest control company to get rid of the birds and then clean up the mess. Bad first impression and maybe the bird poop all over the place is an ugly omen?

• 2 weeks later...

Being a Canadian, Golf Town is fast becoming the golf "category killer" in Canada; the stores are large, carry almost everything, if they don't have it they can get it; great sales people and customer service; lessons, fittings, repairs and alterations, hitting cages available. It's my golf store of choice.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction 🏌️‍♂️

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke S

:titelist-small: 917F2 15* Diamana Blue 70 S

:titelist-small: 818H1 19* Evenflow Blue 85HY S

:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4-P AMT White S300

:vokey-small: SM7 50.12 F bent 1* weak, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M - S200

:odyssey-small: Black Series 3

RH - Ontario 🇨🇦 and Ohio 🇺🇸

Avg. score 85-92

Archived