TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tiger WDs from next two tourneys

JBones

Could this be a sign that Tiger is officially done?  I don't think that will be determined until after The Masters.

I think he should take more time off, if he really wants to come back and be competitive.  He is probably exempt for 800 years, so that shouldn't be an issue

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

He needs to stop pumping so much iron...otherwise it's time for the fork.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

What happened to more competitive reps? Hope it's not a physical thing. I wonder if his mental game isn't there yet. Would love to watch him in person.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

He needs to stop pumping so much iron...otherwise it's time for the fork.

I'm always for exercise to help a golfer improve but I think Tiger is definitely going about it the wrong way. He should be doing workouts more similar to Rory's. Not the local meathead on the sauce's routine. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

maybe he should stay here and play also......not sure why these guys make a huge trip to Dubai when they could play in the WMPO (appearance fee I assume)

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

perhaps he should think about a few tourneys on the web.com tour?

He doesn't need the money...

Less pressure on him to perform...

Might get a win under his belt to boost his confidence...

probably a few more reasons to do it as well.

Must be hard to make a comeback with all the world watching and knowing what you "used to be".

Not quite the same as when Jordan came back to the Wizards but he's just not the same player anymore.  I think he's coming around to it, but when he swings so hard with an iffy back it doesn't take much to do damage.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

• SPY VIP

At this point TW isn't giving any realistic indications he can regain any sort of form where he can make a cut, let alone compete.

TW is going to do things his way and that's part of the reason he won 14 majors and right now that's the reason he can't tee it up and be competitive. 

The only thing we can definitively state right now is TM isn't getting quite the ROI they were hoping for...

He's still getting 90% of the talk on golf channel... nothing against Tiger, but c'mon!

I think that he truly loves the game, but he needs to come to terms with his physical limitations. I hope that he can soon come to terms with putting his efforts into the business and philanthropic side of the game before making a total mockery of himself.

No one, love him or hate him, wants to remember him as he is currently - with a grimace on his face, and playing worse than we do...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Must be hard to make a comeback with all the world watching and knowing what you "used to be".

Not quite the same as when Jordan came back to the Wizards but he's just not the same player anymore. I think he's coming around to it, but when he swings so hard with an iffy back it doesn't take much to do damage.

I'm pretty sure I'll play a web.com event before tiger will.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Not quite the same as when Jordan came back to the Wizards but he's just not the same player anymore.  I think he's coming around to it, but when he swings so hard with an iffy back it doesn't take much to do damage.

Right now he wouldn't make the cut there either.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Right now he wouldn't make the cut there either.

Wow....cruel

Can you imagine the headlines if he missed the cut in a web.com event?

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Not quite the same as when Jordan came back to the Wizards but he's just not the same player anymore. I think he's coming around to it, but when he swings so hard with an iffy back it doesn't take much to do damage.

He only has something to lose playing on Web.com. if he wins is because he's mf'n Tiger Woods, if he loses then his mental game is gone forever. Plus the crowds would be just as big. Look at the attendance for the tournaments he committed to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Wow....cruel

Can you imagine the headlines if he missed the cut in a web.com event?

Yeah, that's why he would never play in a web.com event.  Evershady is right.

He can only play if healthy, but it can only be a PGA Tour event now.  I pretty sure he got appearance money to go to Dubai, but that was not a good choice considering his schedule, health and practice time.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

With the schedule he decided to implement and the amount of lifting he is doing again...how could he not expect this to happen. Y'all are right, Tiger will be Tiger. I just don't see the path back to form without another long time off. Although I really hope I'm wrong and he can be competitive again.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I can't imagine he would fly coach to Dubai for anything less than a mill... I read he received a 7 figure "appearance" fee... That's 20 years of working for the average guy. Bad back or not a guaranteed million just to show up?? Not bad. Not bad at all...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

So I read somewhere he doesn't lift like he used to. Yes he is still in the gym but that is a good thing for someone who not that long ago couldn't get out of bed. Going across the world for a tournament was stupid even if the appearance fee was big, he should have taken another week then went two tournaments in a row. I get him shutting it down for the next two weeks now that it flared up will be interesting to see what happens from here. I love watching him so I'll keep hoping for his return to form.

• SPY VIP

So I read somewhere he doesn't lift like he used to. Yes he is still in the gym but that is a good thing for someone who not that long ago couldn't get out of bed. Going across the world for a tournament was stupid even if the appearance fee was big, he should have taken another week then went two tournaments in a row. I get him shutting it down for the next two weeks now that it flared up will be interesting to see what happens from here. I love watching him so I'll keep hoping for his return to form.

I don't think there are many who wouldn't want to see TW tee it up and play well - but the reality is he's so far away from being able to do that, it's not reasonable to expect much at this point. Even worse is it doesn't seem like he's making decisions which are in his best long term golf interest - 

I don't know that he's physically capable of a full schedule like he's done in the past with his back and knees, and I don't think he will win another major with all the current players out there but he might get a few more regular wins in the right fields. It's not like he's forgotten how to play to that high level it's just that he can't physically do it like he used to. Maybe if he would adjust his game to match where he is physically with his injuries he could play a little easier but as long as he tries to swing like he did before the surgeries I think he'll keep hurting himself. My grandfather always talks about how good Freddy Couples has been even with his back problems, maybe Tigger needs to take a look at what he does.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Tiger who?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I read the opposite. That his team is getting pissed off at him because he's lifting twice a day and won't listen to them.

I could be wrong but I don't think Tiger is eligible to play in web .com events. He has exemptions to play in all of these events (except WGCs).

Plus Tiger would never play the web tour. For the reasons mentioned earlier. ^^

PLUS the sponsors and PGA tour would lose their minds and be so unbelievably pissed that we was teeing it up on the web.

I read the opposite. That his team is getting pissed off at him because he's lifting twice a day and won't listen to them.

Last I heard him say in some interview on golf channel is he's focused more on core work and things like that. I wouldn't be shocked if he's still power lifting but I'd hope he's smarter than that.

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Last I heard him say in some interview on golf channel is he's focused more on core work and things like that. I wouldn't be shocked if he's still power lifting but I'd hope he's smarter than that.

I hope the same but old habits die hard. And its hard to tell someone who is that succesful that they don't know what they are doing.

I hope the same but old habits die hard. And its hard to tell someone who is that succesful that they don't know what they are doing.

True. He does look much slimmer than he used to though so many he's finally on board

True. He does look much slimmer than he used to though so many he's finally on board

I would venture to say, that is from being laid up for so long after his surgery. Muscle atrophy is bound to happen after such a serious back surgery where he was bed ridden for so long.

Which is another reason why he would be lifting twice a day. To get back what he once had.

​I dunno man. I hope I'm wrong but Tiger is definitely a hard headed dude and the multiple places I read that he's lifting twice a day have seemed to be in the know lately. Lets hope they are full of $hit.

I really hope this was just that he tweaked it on the long flight. I still have no clue why he would put his body through that on a commercial flight. Not like he is scraping by for money. Backs are tricky. Hopefully this break is all he needs. The way he made birdies at the hero got me really excited but that seems like a lifetime ago

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I really hope this was just that he tweaked it on the long flight. I still have no clue why he would put his body through that on a commercial flight. Not like he is scraping by for money. Backs are tricky. Hopefully this break is all he needs. The way he made birdies at the hero got me really excited but that seems like a lifetime ago

I couldn't believe it when I heard he was flying commercial to Dubai. It just made so much sense for him to just play Phoenix. Money or no money.

Archived