67 replies to this topic

#1 Bags

Bags

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:48 AM

Impressive resume 14 majors and I believe 84 tour wins is Tiger done winning? 2nd greatest golfer ever Nicklaus being #1.

I would say yes done - when he came out on tour drove it 40/50 yards by everyone and had the best short game - now prob 30 guys longer or as long off the tee and Tiger has a spotty putter to boot.

Back injury 3 knee surgeries 14 chics and 4 swing coaches later here we are.

Lovem or hatem guy had a hell of run.

curious how others feel about the tig

Bags

#2 aliens8mycow

aliens8mycow

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationLiberty, MO
  • Handicap:7.1

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:19 AM

I think he's done playing at the top level too. I hope that he's done trying...

I get the whole "moves the needle" thing, but watching him wince in pain and withdraw every week is not how people want to remember him. Hearing about Tiger's issues during 90% of the coverage of any given event is coming at the cost of the guys who are actually competing.

He has already developed a lot of business and charity efforts - maybe it's time to focus on those, and play golf for fun when he feels like it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

#3 silver & black

silver & black

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • LocationMassillon Ohio
  • Handicap:me!

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

I hope he isn't done. I understand how it is annoying to hear about Tiger. But, it's because he's the guy that built the monster, so to speak.

All the guys in the past; Jack, Arnold, Gary P., Trevino, Snead, etc.... were great, no doubt. I'll even concede that Jack was the greatest of all time, but Tiger brought golf to the masses. Tiger is why golf is cool. Tiger is why there so many talented young players on tour that can win on any given day. Tiger built the monster!

I think he can be competitive again. I don't think he can regain what he once was. He has to come to terms with his age and physical limitations if he really wants to be competitive again. He's "only" 40. He just has to figure out how to play in the here and now with the way his body is.

Henrik Stenson  is 40, and Sergio is as well. They both compete fairly well!

I don't look for much out of Tiger this year. I think it will take longer to get it all sorted out.

#4 Bags

Bags

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

I hope he isn't done. I understand how it is annoying to hear about Tiger. But, it's because he's the guy that built the monster, so to speak.

All the guys in the past; Jack, Arnold, Gary P., Trevino, Snead, etc.... were great, no doubt. I'll even concede that Jack was the greatest of all time, but Tiger brought golf to the masses. Tiger is why golf is cool. Tiger is why there so many talented young players on tour that can win on any given day. Tiger built the monster!

I think he can be competitive again. I don't think he can regain what he once was. He has to come to terms with his age and physical limitations if he really wants to be competitive again. He's "only" 40. He just has to figure out how to play in the here and now with the way his body is.

Henrik Stenson is 40, and Sergio is as well. They both compete fairly well!

I don't look for much out of Tiger this year. I think it will take longer to get it all sorted out.

tiger is 41 good take tho hopefully he can compete Father Time is a ******

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

#5 silver & black

silver & black

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • LocationMassillon Ohio
  • Handicap:me!

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

tiger is 41 good take tho hopefully he can compete Father Time is a ******

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yea, I can attest to the fact that Father Time wins.... always. Last year at 56/57, I noticed that my distance with driver and irons definitely took a hit. That just means I need to concentrate on fairways and GIR's  instead of a wedge in on most holes!

#6 ole gray

ole gray

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,136 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Handicap:14

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

I'm thinking he is about done as a well cooked pork roast simmering all night in a crock pot. He not only has some body parts that have worn out but his brain is not as strong as it once was.   Golf is a mental game and some of the stuff he has been forced to deal with has played havoc on his confidence.  He may surprise me and pull two or three wins out before turning fifty however I wouldn't bet the farm on it...... 

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Fusion 10.5  /  UST Recoil 44.5 " ® shaft
:callaway-small: Razr X  2, 3, & 4 Hybrids
:callaway-small: Razr XF 5 - SW Irons   
  :cleveland-small:  Smart Sole Wedge
Odyssey  Works #7 Versa Putter

#7 MDGolfHacker

MDGolfHacker

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Handicap:16

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:51 PM

I still say he has atleast 3 or 4 more tour wins and a major left in him. Rocky start as it would be for anyone who's been through all the physical issues, but I can't believe he's done yet. Too much drive in him still.

MDGolfHacker

Driver: LH taylormade.jpgR15 10.5* Aldila.png 95 MSI 70-3.3-S S-Flex
Fairway Woods: LH taylormade.jpgAeroburner 3-Wood 15* Speed Rul-Z 60 S-Flex
Hybrid: LH taylormade.jpgAeroBurner 3 Rescue 19* / 4 Rescue 22* - matrix%20shafts%2080x15.jpg Speed Rul-Z 70 S-Flex 
Irons: LH mizuno.jpg MP-57 1* flat standard loft 5-PW Project X Precision 5.5 
Wedges: LH nike.jpg VR 52*/10* & 58*/10* with V-Rev Grooves True Temper S-400 Dynamic Gold Shafts

Putter: LH bettinardi.jpg C03

#8 Bags

Bags

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:35 AM

He needs to make some cuts 1st

Bags

#9 flaghunter8

flaghunter8

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:17 PM

I've always said to my buddies.. If tiger is healthy he will win some tournaments and maybe a major. Other players in their forties have won why wouldn't tiger? if he's not healthy he won't win.

Sent from my 6045O using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#10 ChiHuskyFan

ChiHuskyFan

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:46 PM

Don't think he's done yet. We've been spoiled in expecting Tiger to win or be in contention every week. With the long layoff and injuries, I think he's just fallen back to the rest of the field.

Sent from my SM-G920P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#11 bmos21

bmos21

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Handicap:4

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:42 PM

I don't see how he can put it back together, but he looks worn out and old. I think with a swing he can't trust and no confidence, he's going to fall on the back thing. It's better then saying I have no confidence or I have no trust in my swing.

Sent from my XT1254 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#12 Bags

Bags

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

bmos agree 100%

Bags

#13 downlowkey

downlowkey

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 345 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Handicap:+.1

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:33 AM

If he weren't regularly undergoing invasive spine surgeries I'd have bet the farm TW's back pain was a psychosomatic manifestation of his fall from most famous/beloved/infallible sporting athlete in history to the even more famous/flawed fodder for bad late night talk show jokes. While TW is the only one that can truly speak to your question, I think the back injury has been undeniably more mentally detrimental. And I focus on that because it has given him an excuse on which to place cause for all his performance woes but even more importantly, it has steered the narrative away from "Can the guy who never missed inside 10 feet still make 'em when he knows that most folks no longer see him as a god?" I hope TW starts asking himself the right questions about the areas his game is suffering most. As long he cares what people think about his public indiscretions, he's doomed to dig deep and find all that's waiting is a very injured ego.

:taylormade-small:          M1 9.5* - Aldila Voodoo SVS6

:cobra-small:         S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S

:nickent-small:           3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG

:adams-small: _Idea MB2 3-PW  - Matrix Program 130 S

:cleveland-small:              588 RTX 2.0 MB  52.10  56.12

:macgregor-small:                  Bobby Grace V-Foil MK5-GT

:bridgestone-small:   B330S

“The most important shot in golf is the next one.” – Ben Hogan

#14 ole gray

ole gray

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,136 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Handicap:14

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:57 AM

If he weren't regularly undergoing invasive spine surgeries I'd have bet the farm TW's back pain was a psychosomatic manifestation of his fall from most famous/beloved/infallible sporting athlete in history to the even more famous/flawed fodder for bad late night talk show jokes. While TW is the only one that can truly speak to your question, I think the back injury has been undeniably more mentally detrimental. And I focus on that because it has given him an excuse on which to place cause for all his performance woes but even more importantly, it has steered the narrative away from "Can the guy who never missed inside 10 feet still make 'em when he knows that most folks no longer see him as a god?" I hope TW starts asking himself the right questions about the areas his game is suffering most. As long he cares what people think about his public indiscretions, he's doomed to dig deep and find all that's waiting is a very injured ego.

Bingo

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Fusion 10.5  /  UST Recoil 44.5 " ® shaft
:callaway-small: Razr X  2, 3, & 4 Hybrids
:callaway-small: Razr XF 5 - SW Irons   
  :cleveland-small:  Smart Sole Wedge
Odyssey  Works #7 Versa Putter

#15 Bags

Bags

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:20 AM

I think he's done playing at the top level too. I hope that he's done trying...

I get the whole "moves the needle" thing, but watching him wince in pain and withdraw every week is not how people want to remember him. Hearing about Tiger's issues during 90% of the coverage of any given event is coming at the cost of the guys who are actually competing.

He has already developed a lot of business and charity efforts - maybe it's time to focus on those, and play golf for fun when he feels like it.

He certainly doesn't need the money

Bags

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ahrefs (1)

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Recent Topics