TESTERS WANTED! ×

is Tiger Done?

Bags

Impressive resume 14 majors and I believe 84 tour wins is Tiger done winning? 2nd greatest golfer ever Nicklaus being #1.

I would say yes done - when he came out on tour drove it 40/50 yards by everyone and had the best short game - now prob 30 guys longer or as long off the tee and Tiger has a spotty putter to boot.

Back injury 3 knee surgeries 14 chics and 4 swing coaches later here we are.

Lovem or hatem guy had a hell of run.

curious how others feel about the tig

Bags

I think he's done playing at the top level too. I hope that he's done trying...

I get the whole "moves the needle" thing, but watching him wince in pain and withdraw every week is not how people want to remember him. Hearing about Tiger's issues during 90% of the coverage of any given event is coming at the cost of the guys who are actually competing.

He has already developed a lot of business and charity efforts - maybe it's time to focus on those, and play golf for fun when he feels like it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I hope he isn't done. I understand how it is annoying to hear about Tiger. But, it's because he's the guy that built the monster, so to speak.

All the guys in the past; Jack, Arnold, Gary P., Trevino, Snead, etc.... were great, no doubt. I'll even concede that Jack was the greatest of all time, but Tiger brought golf to the masses. Tiger is why golf is cool. Tiger is why there so many talented young players on tour that can win on any given day. Tiger built the monster!

I think he can be competitive again. I don't think he can regain what he once was. He has to come to terms with his age and physical limitations if he really wants to be competitive again. He's "only" 40. He just has to figure out how to play in the here and now with the way his body is.

Henrik Stenson  is 40, and Sergio is as well. They both compete fairly well!

I don't look for much out of Tiger this year. I think it will take longer to get it all sorted out.

I hope he isn't done. I understand how it is annoying to hear about Tiger. But, it's because he's the guy that built the monster, so to speak.

All the guys in the past; Jack, Arnold, Gary P., Trevino, Snead, etc.... were great, no doubt. I'll even concede that Jack was the greatest of all time, but Tiger brought golf to the masses. Tiger is why golf is cool. Tiger is why there so many talented young players on tour that can win on any given day. Tiger built the monster!

I think he can be competitive again. I don't think he can regain what he once was. He has to come to terms with his age and physical limitations if he really wants to be competitive again. He's "only" 40. He just has to figure out how to play in the here and now with the way his body is.

Henrik Stenson is 40, and Sergio is as well. They both compete fairly well!

I don't look for much out of Tiger this year. I think it will take longer to get it all sorted out.

tiger is 41 good take tho hopefully he can compete Father Time is a ******

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

tiger is 41 good take tho hopefully he can compete Father Time is a ******

Yea, I can attest to the fact that Father Time wins.... always. Last year at 56/57, I noticed that my distance with driver and irons definitely took a hit. That just means I need to concentrate on fairways and GIR's  instead of a wedge in on most holes!

I'm thinking he is about done as a well cooked pork roast simmering all night in a crock pot. He not only has some body parts that have worn out but his brain is not as strong as it once was.   Golf is a mental game and some of the stuff he has been forced to deal with has played havoc on his confidence.  He may surprise me and pull two or three wins out before turning fifty however I wouldn't bet the farm on it...... 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I still say he has atleast 3 or 4 more tour wins and a major left in him. Rocky start as it would be for anyone who's been through all the physical issues, but I can't believe he's done yet. Too much drive in him still.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I don't see how he can put it back together, but he looks worn out and old. I think with a swing he can't trust and no confidence, he's going to fall on the back thing. It's better then saying I have no confidence or I have no trust in my swing.

Sent from my XT1254 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

If he weren't regularly undergoing invasive spine surgeries I'd have bet the farm TW's back pain was a psychosomatic manifestation of his fall from most famous/beloved/infallible sporting athlete in history to the even more famous/flawed fodder for bad late night talk show jokes. While TW is the only one that can truly speak to your question, I think the back injury has been undeniably more mentally detrimental. And I focus on that because it has given him an excuse on which to place cause for all his performance woes but even more importantly, it has steered the narrative away from "Can the guy who never missed inside 10 feet still make 'em when he knows that most folks no longer see him as a god?" I hope TW starts asking himself the right questions about the areas his game is suffering most. As long he cares what people think about his public indiscretions, he's doomed to dig deep and find all that's waiting is a very injured ego.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

If he weren't regularly undergoing invasive spine surgeries I'd have bet the farm TW's back pain was a psychosomatic manifestation of his fall from most famous/beloved/infallible sporting athlete in history to the even more famous/flawed fodder for bad late night talk show jokes. While TW is the only one that can truly speak to your question, I think the back injury has been undeniably more mentally detrimental. And I focus on that because it has given him an excuse on which to place cause for all his performance woes but even more importantly, it has steered the narrative away from "Can the guy who never missed inside 10 feet still make 'em when he knows that most folks no longer see him as a god?" I hope TW starts asking himself the right questions about the areas his game is suffering most. As long he cares what people think about his public indiscretions, he's doomed to dig deep and find all that's waiting is a very injured ego.

Bingo

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I think he's done playing at the top level too. I hope that he's done trying...

I get the whole "moves the needle" thing, but watching him wince in pain and withdraw every week is not how people want to remember him. Hearing about Tiger's issues during 90% of the coverage of any given event is coming at the cost of the guys who are actually competing.

He has already developed a lot of business and charity efforts - maybe it's time to focus on those, and play golf for fun when he feels like it.

He certainly doesn't need the money

Bags

I just thought of this TW has 14 majors and he had 14 different mistress hmmmm lol

So you are saying he f... up and should have had 19?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm thinking it is over from him. Just as it has been for all great players before him. It was a great thing to have witnessed. Time and life moves on.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm 40 and had the same surgery as Tiger 5 years ago. It took me a full year to get my game to its level before surgery. I occasionally experience the spasms as well and then it's 6 weeks of stretching and rehab. It happens randomly. Not associated with more or less physical activity.

That being said, I don't need to perform at an elite level. So yes, he's done.

MGS 2017 Fantasy Golf Group 6

Team Name: High Handicapper

I'm 40 and had the same surgery as Tiger 5 years ago. It took me a full year to get my game to its level before surgery. I occasionally experience the spasms as well and then it's 6 weeks of stretching and rehab. It happens randomly. Not associated with more or less physical activity.

That being said, I don't need to perform at an elite level. So yes, he's done.

wow interesting yup back injuries serious stuff - play well man

Bags

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see how he can put it back together, but he looks worn out and old. I think with a swing he can't trust and no confidence, he's going to fall on the back thing. It's better then saying I have no confidence or I have no trust in my swing.

Sent from my XT1254 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yep, sadly he was done sometime ago.

Would be nothing better then to see him win another or 2, but would be a surprise too. There is alot to this whole tiger thing that went on if you could see it from the shop. Howell III did a practice round at our course his second year out. Slow day and I went with him showing him the lines, fixing divots, and keeping quiet. He was on his way if anyone remembers. Little guy could crush it then. So anyway I kept tabs on him and real quick like he's pals with Tiger. Now Tiger is 'struggling' and his long time pal Howell was asked and gave comment to it, as a close friend... Well, Tiger is off the course and Howell is showing well again even at this late stage after a loooong time floundering. And my point is these guys are good from the start. Really good and when the head or something to the head gets in the way, in a big way, some become mere mortals.

Tiger was positioned to sell golf to a new generation for a lot of reasons. Number 1 being he had the game to back it up from the start, and did. Phenom is exactly what he was but the good old american way of doing biz descended on him like a swarm. And in the end Tiger made his choice to get on that train and take that ride to and fro and it showed across the board.

The train wont stop, yet, and Perez called it as far as what is going on today.

I think that no one knows but Tiger. I'd love to see him come back and just be competitive. Having back problems myself, I understand how hard it is. Playing on the pro level has to be that much more troublesome with a bad back.

I don't bother myself with Tiger's off course, personal life/behavior. I love/d watching Tiger the golfer. I hope to see a little more of him in the future. Hell... he's just a young pup at 41.

He's not done. I refuse to give up on the only guy that is still on tour that makes every hole he is on feel like the 16th at the stadium course. I also can't give up on him when he got so many people interested/back into golf. He may not have the power he once had but there are plenty of guys on tour that are doing well who.....(if tiger could keep it in the fairway and putt).....couldn't keep up with Tiger except maybe on their best day. He can fix his direction problem and you can be 100 years old and still swing a putter. I just hope he deals with the demons in his head and gets a better swing coach. Mr. Harmon come back! You may be Tigers only hope!?!?

Driver:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 13 Degree
3 Wood:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 15 Degree
5 Wood:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 18 Degree
4th:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 22 Degree
5-P  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4
Gap:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Sand:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Lob:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour
Putter: Directed Force "Reno" Putter

He can make a reasonable attempt to come back if he listens to Rocco and makes his final swing change to a swing that doesn't stress his back.  It can be done, but if he doesn't choose to make the transition, he won't be a factor anymore.  Too many good players without injuries to compete against.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

He's not done. I refuse to give up on the only guy that is still on tour that makes every hole he is on feel like the 16th at the stadium course. I also can't give up on him when he got so many people interested/back into golf. He may not have the power he once had but there are plenty of guys on tour that are doing well who.....(if tiger could keep it in the fairway and putt).....couldn't keep up with Tiger except maybe on their best day. He can fix his direction problem and you can be 100 years old and still swing a putter. I just hope he deals with the demons in his head and gets a better swing coach. Mr. Harmon come back! You may be Tigers only hope!?!?

Tiger hit it 50yards by guys when he 1st came out on tour and was best putter and short game player now bulky putter and he is avg to med avg long not a good combo with these young kids. Tiger had a hell of run crazy some of the stuff he did best 4 days of golf ever US Open Pebble 2000 unreal. Lightning in a bottle for a round or two but 4 good rounds and a W hard for me to picture

Bags

I am so confused as to whether he is or not. From all the reports it seemed like he was and then he shows up to GMA and is bouncing around like a kid. No idea what is true right now

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I am in need of Tiger's same back surgery. It is debilitating pain when it acts up. Almost makes me baby my swing on purpose. I can relate to the pain part 100%, you never know when it is going to show up, and when it does, you literally stay horizontal like he said. He had an amazing run, changed the game for every golfer in the universe and for that I thank him. Done or not, he is the reason golf isn't dead.

Edit: I couldn't imagine being a professional athlete in any sport with back problems. Once its injured it never goes away.