TESTERS WANTED! ×

is Tiger Done?

Bags

Yep, sadly he was done sometime ago.

Would be nothing better then to see him win another or 2, but would be a surprise too. There is alot to this whole tiger thing that went on if you could see it from the shop. Howell III did a practice round at our course his second year out. Slow day and I went with him showing him the lines, fixing divots, and keeping quiet. He was on his way if anyone remembers. Little guy could crush it then. So anyway I kept tabs on him and real quick like he's pals with Tiger. Now Tiger is 'struggling' and his long time pal Howell was asked and gave comment to it, as a close friend... Well, Tiger is off the course and Howell is showing well again even at this late stage after a loooong time floundering. And my point is these guys are good from the start. Really good and when the head or something to the head gets in the way, in a big way, some become mere mortals.

Tiger was positioned to sell golf to a new generation for a lot of reasons. Number 1 being he had the game to back it up from the start, and did. Phenom is exactly what he was but the good old american way of doing biz descended on him like a swarm. And in the end Tiger made his choice to get on that train and take that ride to and fro and it showed across the board.

The train wont stop, yet, and Perez called it as far as what is going on today.

prez is a knucklehead period Im a so so Tiger fan - but ask any of the pros that have half a brain and they all say we have Tiger to Thank for million plus 1st place checks every week

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I am a big Jack fan.  That part of me roots against Tiger.  Having said that I hate to see a talent as miraculous as his fade from relevance.  So I guess I hope he wins again (just no more majors) and dominates on the senior tour.

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

Bowed out of the Masters....

Thought this was an April fools joke but all the major sites are carrying it as well as his own website. Hate to see the guy with so much talent go out like that.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Thought this was an April fools joke but all the major sites are carrying it as well as his own website. Hate to see the guy with so much talent go out like that.

MDGolfHacker

I'm not much for jokes... ok sometimes but not that. Time for DJ to go on a 10 year terror streak.

- Da Yooper

Yes...back problems are nothing to sneeze at.  Evidently he cannot get his back to cooperate enough to practice and play -- and that is with the best trainers and medical minds around.  The strain his workouts and 100% swinging put on his back have taken their toll.  Who would have thought that all that working out was bad...but evidently he was doing the wrong things.

I don't think we will ever see him be competitive again.  Too much else to do and when these guys cannot compete at the same level, they usually walk away.  Too much pride...

"...most of our wounds in life are self-inflicted..."

"There is not such thing as a bad day on the golf course!"

I think it's important to note, Tiger hasn't won a major since June 2008. My 9 year old daughter was 5 months old!

Tiger had a good year in 2013 and was the sentimental player of the year despite his own assessment of it being a "wasted year" because he didn't win a major.

Outside of that 2013 season, has Tiger even been relevant in the game since November 2009? If your answer is yes, then he has been done for a long time now.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I hope he isn't done. I understand how it is annoying to hear about Tiger. But, it's because he's the guy that built the monster, so to speak.

All the guys in the past; Jack, Arnold, Gary P., Trevino, Snead, etc.... were great, no doubt. I'll even concede that Jack was the greatest of all time, but Tiger brought golf to the masses. Tiger is why golf is cool. Tiger is why there so many talented young players on tour that can win on any given day. Tiger built the monster!

I think he can be competitive again. I don't think he can regain what he once was. He has to come to terms with his age and physical limitations if he really wants to be competitive again. He's "only" 40. He just has to figure out how to play in the here and now with the way his body is.

Henrik Stenson is 40, and Sergio is as well. They both compete fairly well!

I don't look for much out of Tiger this year. I think it will take longer to get it all sorted out.

Arnold made golf cool in 1960's Tiger made PGA Tour into Money machine - guys today should thank tig corp america really really came in to sponsor these events

I don't claim to be an expert in any sense but I'm inclined to say he's done however I know he'll never stop trying so I'll say I think he's done being relevant as far as leaderboards are concerned. Back surgery and sports are a terrible combo, much less 3 of them but you never know, I've been wrong before.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

More mental than anything IMO ..... I'm sure his back is toast but I'm betting his mental positive game is history.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Unfortunately, I think that he's done. He can't play back to back weeks. He can't travel long distances. You need to play events to get into playing shape and, at this point, he can't do that.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

• 3 weeks later...

Had back surgery number 4 today.  Really trying to pull for a comeback but getting harder and harder to see him being competitive on the tour.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Fourth back surgery? He looked so good at the Hero and once he started bulking up again his back was garbage. I wish he would stop hitting the gym. Trim Tiger at the Hero was what I loved

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

FWIW... Tiger "bulks up" to protect himself. If he didn't, he would have been out of the game a lot earlier. His swing is just brutal on his body, being strong is his best shot at staying healthy. 

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I think what he is trying to do is to strengthen the supporting muscles around the back. Having multiple back surgeries won't matter much, the type of surgery he is having is likely to remove some of the scarring tissue, and also to remove any bone chips that may be causing some pain. My Mom and 3 brothers have had this same surgery, one of my brothers has had it done 2 times, the second was to clean out some bone pcs and scarring that we're sitting on the nerves that caused the pain. Anyway that last my take. I think he his done in professional golf, but he should be able to continue to play recreationally with his friends and family.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'm thinking he is about done as a well cooked pork roast simmering all night in a crock pot. He not only has some body parts that have worn out but his brain is not as strong as it once was. Golf is a mental game and some of the stuff he has been forced to deal with has played havoc on his confidence. He may surprise me and pull two or three wins out before turning fifty however I wouldn't bet the farm on it......

Firmly believe it's between his ears my friend. Even if the body gets fixed I don't think the cranium will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

He should play on the web.com tour so he can win a few matches to get his drive back... just saying I think he could handle most of those fellas. Great golfers, but throw him in the field it will be like his reign of terror days, everyone would cower at the sound of his name.

4th back surgery and Spinal fusion to boot, sorry y'all that doesn't sound like a good deal. I don't know if he needs to try from a health standpoint myself.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I used to think Tiger could still win a couple majors, but then I realized his last major was almost 9 years ago now.

I do hope he's able to come back and play well, and I don't mind hearing about him. But I do think it's unlikely he'll win another major.

If nothing else, I hope this surgery alleviates his pain to where he can at least enjoy playing golf. I doubt he will ever be a force on tour again, but you never know.. Maybe he can resurrect his career on the Champions Tour when the time comes. 

I don't mind hearing about Tiger. The guy was/is an extremely important cog in the way this game has progressed over the last 20+ years. I don't really care about Tiger's personal life and what goes on in it. I'm interested In Tiger the golfer.

We all got to witness greatness.... up close, for a long time. I doubt I will get see that again in my time. It was a hell of a ride! I wish Tiger well and I hope to see him be able to enjoy the game again. 

Hope he really takes his time to rehab properly and get his mental game in order. If he does that I think he has a shot at a few more wins.

Alfred

WITB:

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex, 9.5 Degrees

FW: Cobra F7, 14.5 Degrees

Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot 19 Degrees

UT Iron: Callaway Apex UT 18 Degrees

Irons: 4-6i King Cobra LTD Pro CB

Irons: 7-PW King Cobra LTD Pro MB

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3 50 MG, 58 FG

Putter: Nike Method

No he is not done. This gives him the best option to get back on a competitive track. I have had the same series of surgery he has had. I have had 7 back surgery total. I knew this is where he had to go. I did not have the best doctors or the tech he had access to. he will be ok. Not the same never will be but we will see some golf again from Tiger, and he will win another major maybe senior tour but again none the less.

WITB... never ending tinkerer so ya there's that.

No he is not done! He just signed new deals with Bridgestone and Taylormade. My guess is if he wants to get compensated fully, there is probably some language in those contracts stipulating minimum play requirements. Whether or not he "needs" the money is irrelevant. I don't see him walking away from these huge deals without exhausting every possibility. He will be back! But he will be a shell of his former self for sure.....

No way he is done. I've known several that had that surgery and were back to normal in less than 6 months. If he wants to compete at high level, he will

Irons Taylormade Rocketballz Max std length and lie Stiff flexDriver Taylormade R15 10.5* Regular FlexDexterity = Right HandCentral TexasHandicap 22 and going down.Returned to playing golf after retirement. Play 3 times a week almost year round.

He's toast! Just pray he comes back to the Senior Tour .... if he's lucky.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Earth to all Eldrick supporters, He's done regardless of the way you rationalize it. I don't care about his intellectual acuity, the body is worn out, there fore he doesn't have the ability to play championship golf!

Pretty simple really. Or wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled the quickest!

Playtheblues

merkezi2609@gmail.com

The guys on tour at one time were afraid of him. They are not anymore, respect him yes, fear him no.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Done for 2017. Beyond the physical realm that TW faces the more problematic issue for him is his psyche. The once fit and confident golfer had his personal life exposed in public and one suffers from that shame. Since we are all people before we're athletes it takes a clear mind to play well. Perhaps he's recovered from that episode in his life and he's trying to make amends. Fatherhood seems to be an important part of that recovery. Just maybe this last surgery will free him up to play in 2018. It's no fun trying to golf with a sore back as I've endured that challenge myself. Toss in TW's mulitple swing changes, erratic tee shots, a balky putter, and a yipsy short game and one has a hard time envisioning TW as a top ten pro. 

As a famous Yankees catcher once said, it ain't over 'til it's over. I'll go with Yogi and remain optimistic that time will heal all his mental and physical wounds to at least allow him to compete again. 

As much as we all love to play it would not be fun for any of us if we had that joy taken from us. I'm sure you just might be tuned in if TW mounts an '86 Nicklaus like moment in 2021.