Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

is Tiger Done?

Bags

No question TW can no longer play at the level needed to compete on the PGA, might see him attempt to tee it up at a few majors or even his own event. In terms of competing with the current crop of players, stick a fork in him.

Mizuno Pro Model E Tour AD VR 5

Callaway XR 3W 15* 565 Speeder 

Ping G30 5W 18* 757 Speeder

Hogan Apex 99 blades 4-E, KBS Tour CT Limited

Hogan VKTR 21* hybrid 
Hogan EQ wedges. 50*, 56*. 
SC Newport 1.5
Snell MTBX

Yes, he is finished on the regular tour. Regrettably his back is shot. I always enjoyed watching him play before his health issues. I'm sure it's not the way he wanted his career to end.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Titleist 913D3 8.75 loft,

3-wood Ping G30, 

5 wood Cobra baffler,

hybrid Callaway X2hot 22,

Mizuno MP-H5 4 iron, Mizuno JPX900 tour 5-PW KBS tour 120 stiff,

Wedges - Cleveland RTX 588 54, Cobra  58 Versatile,

Putter - Taylormade Monte Carlo OS CB.

May not have been a huge fan, but because of him I started playing 20 years ago. As much as I'd like to pull for him, I think he's done

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Agree with Rocco. If Tiger wants to compete again, it has to be with a swing that doesn't stress his back. Is he willing to make the change? Even if it means no longer being a power player?

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Agree with Rocco. If Tiger wants to compete again, it has to be with a swing that doesn't stress his back. Is he willing to make the change? Even if it means no longer being a power player?

Agree 100%. If he will make the transition to being a grinder rather than trying to keep up with the long hitters then he will be able to continue to play and will probably win a few more because of the experience factor.

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

It's a real shame that we couldn't have had a few more years of Tiger competing, to see him stare down some of the young guns would be great - let's be honest how many majors might Els, Mickleson, Singh, Garcia etc have if Tiger hadn't psyched them out?

4 back ops though, with this one a fusion? The scar tissue in and around those crucial lumbar discs will be a huge hindrance, could he win with a 3/4 swing and get his short game and putting back? No. Every week there are 30 players who could win, all class acts.

In some ways though it's good not to have the will he play nonsense before the rest of the majors this season.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

It's time for him to realize that he has no more wins in him at this level.  So many guys on tour hit it past him, and his short game is nowhere near his best.  He needs to focus on his family and health, and maybe be able to play the senior tour where he could again be the dog and pony show.

As you walk down the fairway of life, take time to smell the flowers as you only get one round.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Hmm ... is Tiger on the prowl?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10035907

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

I just watched the local news here in OKC and they were talking up the PGA up at Tulsa. They showed Tiger hitting some shots and commented on how he plays practice rounds by himself. As they were filming, he started to walk back to the club house and he was walking like my 90 year old neighbor, slightly hunched over with a noticeable limp. I've always admired his work ethic and intestinal fortitude, but the human body has only so much it can tolerate and still be acceptably functional. Sadly, Tigers body can no longer match his will power and he will have to come to terms with this. Granted, what he did at the Masters was beyond belief, but I fear in doing that, he only did himself more harm than good. IMO, it's time for him to sit back, give his body lots of healing time and if it's to be, wait for the senior tour if he so desires.  

Total Callaway bag - except putter

He's not done. But he's going to carefully choose his spots. I don't expect to see him more than a dozen times a year and these are the likely places:

-4 majors 

-Riviera & Hero World Challenge

-Memorial/Players any other big purse tournament he feels like

-Asian/Middle East tournaments he gets a big appearance fee

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Tiger will not win another major, but you can bet your azz that he will get every shot covered on TV. They love some Tiger!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

5 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Tiger will not win another major, but you can bet your azz that he will get every shot covered on TV. They love some Tiger!

While it seems unlikely, after an 11 year major drought I was one who said he’d never win another major prior to the 2019 Masters, so I disqualified myself. I’m not a big Tiger fan, but even I would like to see him win one more time to reach 83 wins. Whatever happens he’s had an amazing career.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I must give props to Tiger for making the cut at the PGA. I don't think his body/leg will be strong enough to allow him to rise to the challenge of being in contention though. I still stand by my previous statement that he should rest his body for additional time, maybe not until the senior tour, but at least give it the rest of this year and see what transpires next season.  

Total Callaway bag - except putter

On 5/18/2022 at 4:15 AM, Middler said:

While it seems unlikely, after an 11 year major drought I was one who said he’d never win another major prior to the 2019 Masters, so I disqualified myself. I’m not a big Tiger fan, but even I would like to see him win one more time to reach 83 wins. Whatever happens he’s had an amazing career.

People seem to overlook that Tiger’s problems were mainly caused by his own reckless attitude. With all his money he should have never been driving himself while exhausted and medicated. He likely fell asleep at the wheel and could have killed someone. Going back even more, if he was more responsible with his life we could have seen over 20 major wins and over 100 victories. 

I think he does all he can to play at St Andrews for the Open this year. He has shown enough to hope that if he can strengthen his leg with more rehab he still has the game to pull out a win. But his leg just isn’t strong enough now to go four rounds with any bad weather. 

2 hours ago, LICC said:

People seem to overlook that Tiger’s problems were mainly caused by his own reckless attitude. With all his money he should have never been driving himself while exhausted and medicated. He likely fell asleep at the wheel and could have killed someone. Going back even more, if he was more responsible with his life we could have seen over 20 major wins and over 100 victories. 

I think he does all he can to play at St Andrews for the Open this year. He has shown enough to hope that if he can strengthen his leg with more rehab he still has the game to pull out a win. But his leg just isn’t strong enough now to go four rounds with any bad weather. 

Like you or I have any idea what it was/is like to be Tiger Woods. I disqualified myself...but you know better - the peanut gallery always does.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

3 hours ago, LICC said:

I won't argue with that, but I'm sure we can all say the same about ourselves at times. I know my own reckless attitude has caused me a lot of physical and mental anguish over the years.... and some of it is on-going to this day.

I'm sure Tiger would like to take some of his mistakes back... we all would. I try to remind myself that there was only one perfect man to ever walk on this Earth, and it wasn't/isn't any of us.

17 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I won't argue with that, but I'm sure we can all say the same about ourselves at times. I know my own reckless attitude has caused me a lot of physical and mental anguish over the years.... and some of it is on-going to this day.

I'm sure Tiger would like to take some of his mistakes back... we all would. I try to remind myself that there was only one perfect man to ever walk on this Earth, and it wasn't/isn't any of us.

Amen.

1 hour ago, Middler said:

Like you or I have any idea what it was/is like to be Tiger Woods. I disqualified myself...but you know better - the peanut gallery always does.

There is no excuse for putting other people’s lives at risk, no matter what kind of life you have. That wasn’t the first time he drove in a compromised physical state. 

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

Agree. And I am rooting for him to fix his life and his physical problems and make one more run at winning a major. His drive and determination to do it are impressive. 

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpeg.c9eba57b4d13ff7dacda67242d1bd53b.jpeg

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x